This week, in your talk-show: «Ask Jedi Ron!»

Hey Ron! Yeah, you... Ron. The guy with the web-server in his hands, the Internet Café in his resumé and a tabby jersey in his closet!

Since you've been working on this site like is was football-scented Play-Doh, you probably know everything about what is expected to be part of it. So tell me...

The statistic section promises "dynamic player profiles and statistics are coming for the 2005 CFL season".

• How detailed will these statistics be?

• Will there be an emulation of the NFL Game Center where you can see at once all the individual statistics of every players for each game played?

• Will the live game up-date feature be reinstalled?

• Will it be possible to get a player's complete stats for the season just by checking his personnal datasheet?

• Will defensive players finally be recognized as important enough so we can be told who made the sacks, interceptions, tackles, etc in games (or will we still get the offensive statistics only)?

• Will you guys stop putting the stats in downloadable PDF files (which makes it about impossible to get recaps of recent games without spending 2 hours downloading everything and cross-checking everything by pen)?

• Will statistics finally be up-dated following the games (instead of waiting until the next Tuesday for all FOUR GAMES to be compiled)?

Whaddaya say CFL Jedi?

Hello 3 and 10....clearly you have not been reading posts by Ron otherwise you would know that he is the "Techie" and does not do content...

So I will answer your post....

The statistic section promises "dynamic player profiles and statistics are coming for the 2005 CFL season".

Yes. That is correct

• How detailed will these statistics be?

They will be player stats?..offence, defence, special teams, kicking, punting...games played etc...

• Will there be an emulation of the NFL Game Center where you can see at once all the individual statistics of every players for each game played?

Eventually we will offer searchable stats...but not right away....

• Will the live game up-date feature be reinstalled?

Yes. Live play will be back.

• Will it be possible to get a player's complete stats for the season just by checking his personnal datasheet?

That is the idea...

• Will defensive players finally be recognized as important enough so we can be told who made the sacks, interceptions, tackles, etc in games (or will we still get the offensive statistics only)?

All players...all positions....

• Will you guys stop putting the stats in downloadable PDF files (which makes it about impossible to get recaps of recent games without spending 2 hours downloading everything and cross-checking everything by pen)?

Nope.... we will still provide this service for media....(some people actually do want it in this format...)

• Will statistics finally be up-dated following the games (instead of waiting until the next Tuesday for all FOUR GAMES to be compiled)?

Speed is of great importance for the CFL and posting stats as quickly as we can is a focus... a system is in place.... stay tuned....

[/color] [/color]

The web as you can see by the new site is a huge focus for the CFL and the Team at MRX are doing an incredable Job at helping the CFL achieve it goals. From here on in the CFL will be offering more and more features and content online. It is an ongoing process which I think everyone will enjoy. Keep the positive feedback and constructive criticism coming!

Cheers,
CFLpm.

Thank you CFLpm for 1. answering some MAJOR questions about the site and 2. backing up Ron and stating that you guys need CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I think this site is great, but to be honest, I was disappointed when the stats werent upgraded, speed of the site wasnt that great and the NEW content that i was expecting…wasnt here.

You have answer my questions though, so i guess we will play the waiting game but I have faith that you guys will pull through.

here's a question, can i get an award for making over 100 posts in a week?

There are a lot of complaints about the speed, and I have to agree. The question I would have (I hope the powers that be see this post) is how soon can we expect better speed or should we be expecting that in the first place.

i already have normal to good speed, and have for a few days now.

No need to be condescending here, buddy. I adressed my questions to Ron because he was the only admin participating in the discussions so far (or so it seemed). I used to work for a web-based media and, though my part concerned content, I was sharing information with the techies and so were they. Would you ask a cook to get a meal together without telling him what the ingredients are?

This doesn't really answered my question. I should have made it more clear. You probably noticed that some of us are interested in playing CFL Fantasy football. But the way former stats were available, managing such a league was a terrible task to accomplish because you couldn't find everything about a player in one place. For example, you had to search for your player in the tackles leaders list, and then search for him again in the fumble forced/recovered list, and then in the interceptions list, and then in the sacks list, and then etc. etc. etc. Repeat the above for as many players as there can be in a Fantasy league and you need the whole week to get it compiled.

Err... my mistake. When I said "will you stop doing it this way", what I really meant was "will the PDF file still be the ONLY way to access the statistics". I don't mind that it still exists, but I for one hope it won't be the only way to access them for the reason stated above.

That's great. Keep 'em coming.

Was that comment directed to me? I really just asked questions. I thank you for your anwers.