This team's WRs are beyond horrible

The important stat is yardage

2 Likes

Not sure what Acklin has to do with this discussion but White is 5th in the league in yardage.
That is good isn't it?

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn't even dare to mention Tim White in the same sentence alongside the likes of a Champion and a Flutie . White couldn't even carry either of these guys jockstraps and isn't even remotely close to being in their league when it comes to being considered amongst the all time greats of this team .

I'm still not over the loss of Tasker. I know this is a wide receiver thread but it seems to me the key is a balanced group. Tasker had an uncanny ability to find yards after the catch. That matched well with Condell's offence. If a receiver doesn't have that knack - then you get what we have here...

Watching the western games this past weekend you really see the advantage of a big, physical WR. This year our receiving corps seems to be all one type.

3 Likes

It's not just the WRs, it's the SBs too. I should have said ALL receivers, save Kiondre Smith.

I agree with you on Kiondre Smith. Is he the Cat's rookie of the year?

I would have to think so at this juncture . He is basically the best of a bad lot .

1 Like

I would say Seth Small - our Kicker.

1 Like

Yeah I would think it has to be one of those two . I also think that if Woods didn't get injured that he would've also garnered some consideration as well .

3 Likes

One mid round draft pick in Smith
A kick returner
and a FA kicker we cut and brought back says volumes about the state we find the team in currently.

Need more fresh talent.

Missed two deep balls, one for a td that hit him in the hands in the last two games.

He’s gotta catch those long ones!

3 Likes

I'm an Argos fan. I know all about the pain.

Don't you hate it when your wife is constantly right and you have to admit it.

2 Likes

I have known all along that I married Mrs. Right …. I just didn’t realize her first name was Always.

2 Likes

You should be working the big room :laughing: I'll be sure to try the veal and tip my server . This site needs more humour . Thanks for providing it and props to the wife .

the aged one

1 Like

Added ex-NFL receiver Terry Godwin. He was a late round NFL pick and played 3 NFL games. Looks to be an interesting prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOMc66cLmJk

1 Like

Good thing the 3 GM's and head coach have noticed they need help.

1 Like

I don't call this progress.
B.C. at 8-3, have just signed 3 American wide receivers - one of which is said to be a 'standout'.
I am not impressed when a 3-9 team (us) signs 1 receiver, and an 8-3 team signs 3 .

Do you see the difference between quality Mgmt, and one that sucks?

6 Likes

I agree, In what world does Coach O think he has the makings of a competitive team
and does not have to make major changes.

1 Like

Quality or quantity.

Our one was drafted by a NFL team, do you know anything about the 3 or is 3 just better than 1?

I see one was on the BC practice roster last season, one was a Montreal cut. Didn't look up the 3rd guy.