This team needs to keep both Evans and Masoli

Apparently what you've suggested has no basis in fact .

1 Like

So please tell me exactly what he was thinking when he said he wanted to look at free agency.
Oh and by the way all posts that theorize what someone is thinking have no basis in fact.

2 Likes

Obviously Orlondo knows Dane is a starter. That's why they just re-signed him and paid him the big bucks. The problem for Orlondo (if you could call it that) is that he had 2 starting QBs at his disposal. You can't play them both at the same time.

2 Likes

Apologies, if these figures were posted, anywhere, before. I haven't seen it.

CFL News Retweeted
Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN
Exact numbers on Dane Evans deal with #TiCats:
2022: 417k hard, 435k with playtime.
2023: 442k hard, 460k with playtime.

Later: I did, since posting, find Grover's earlier post, with these numbers, in the "Dane Evans in Town" thread.

3 Likes

Now the Cats need to beef up their O-Line in order to protect this investment. The blueprints for this task are available at www.bluebombers.com

4 Likes

Lots of good reading today.
Here, Marshall Ferguson looks deeper into Dane's TiCat history , his future, and his talents, than, I'm sure, anybody else might:

2 Likes

I have to admit that Bomber O-Line is simply one of the best straight across the board from tackle to tackle that I have ever seen .

1 Like

Yup. Those guys absolutely extended Zach's career. Spend the money for a great O-Line and nobody will even care about the backup QB.

5 Likes

You got that right. That door swings both ways too. A great QB can take a lot of heat off an O-Line as well.

2 Likes

Funny how in the East final Masoli was under pressure and Evans wasn't....

The team needs a decent back up for Evans. No more of this 1a/1b stuff.
I like Masoli, always have, but we need a great O-line and build this team around Evans....period.

4 Likes

I'd be pleased to see Masoli accept backup money and stay.

3 Likes

I'm pretty sure Evan's made sure they wouldn't have masoli as an option at qb

What makes you pretty sure?

Quote: Obrigardio
I'm pretty sure Evan's made sure they wouldn't have masoli as an option at qb

What makes me very sure is the $433K Dane will get for playing 18 games.

1 Like

A comparison :eyes:

Fajardo: 22-11
1-2 in playoffs
$517k "Hard money"

Evans: 16-4
2-2 in playoffs
$417k "Hard Money"

1 Like

Masoli got 387 hard money for playing 14 games.

Evans got $417 for 18.

So how did Evans "make sure" of anything to do with Masoli?

Evans took the Tom Brady discount to help sign more talent for the Cats .

the old guy ( P L )

Evans did his own analysis. "What are the top guys getting that have done more then me"? If BLM is only worth 485K then Evans 417-433k seems about right. Why Fajardo is worth 517k is what is baffling to me.

3 Likes

Fajardo isn't worth it. Essentially every QB that signed prior to 21 renegotiated. So maybe instead of Suitor suggesting they break the cap he should suggest a 100k pay cut for that fraud.

3 Likes