This proves just how meaningless preseason games are..

Coaches make roster decisions based on how players perform in camp, how they perform in preseason games means very little. If you want proof just look at the players cut and you can include Ford on that list.

I believe that the coaches do look at what they do in games, but what they do in camp has a significant effect on who stays and who goes...I think they look for who could be and is better than other players, who can grasp the playbook quickly, better fitness...etc. but in games its more like who is just gonna make a play or in some cases...not make a play and that one play could decide their future...IMO

Well, games just emphasize trends. Brad Banks played himself off the Bombers by his horrid outing vs. the Cats, for example., whereas Justin Holland saved his own bacon by doing well against us in the first game because he "banked it" in the last one.

It should be taken as a whole, but the in-game reps are important re separating guys in position battles. King vs. Chang was the most telling one this camp.

Oski Wee Wee,

So we are like 4-1-1 in our last 6 preseason games? haha

Coaches make roster decisions based on how players perform in camp, how they perform in preseason games means very little. If you want proof just look at the players cut and you can include Ford on that list.
Agree Drexl, although games do help on some bubble guys either positively or negatively.

It also speaks to an experienced staff who were grading players throughout camp and looking at overall performance and how they fit into what Charlie wants to do during the season.

Timothee was an on the bubble guy, and all he did was have a pick and break up 2 more passes. How did his performance help him lol.

4ticats7 wrote: Quote:

Agree Drexl, although games do help on some bubble guys either positively or negatively.

It also speaks to an experienced staff who were grading players throughout camp and looking at overall performance and how they fit into what Charlie wants to do during the season.

Timothee was an on the bubble guy, and all he did was have a pick and break up 2 more passes. How did his performance help him lol.

Other times, the coaches make the tough calls.

I liked Timothee but I like our evaluators more so trust that someone else fits their plan better. Butler is a veteran CFL DB coach.

Hey do you think if we petitioned the league, we could get 18 preseason games and 2 regular season games??

That might help our record this year

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P