This is who you really need to blame!

Why is everyone picking apart the team, trying to find someone or some position to blame. Its crazy and funny all at the same time. If you blame anything it has to be the team as a whole. Hell everyone didn't play to a high level. Its a team sport.

O-Line: Didn't give the QB enough time to fine a so called player marker, an open receiver, a person with hands.

QB- Didn't use his feet well to scramble the field to an open receiver, didn't find the open receiver that was well enough pass the 1st down marker ( and yes there was a few open ). Don't pass the ball to the receiver that you've been eye balling the whole time before you hike it. Don't pass it to a receiver with two people on him.

Each receiver on this team has hands, otherwise they would not be on the team nor in the dang CFL. Each QB has the talent to find an open receiver and get the ball to the running back, and run a whole team. No just anyone can do this. It takes smarts, skills, and heart to run a whole team.

Running Backs- If and when we get that BEAST running again ( 28 Lumsden ) things will be alot better, hell mix it up with that other guy that is sick when he runs ( 3 Holmes ). Both in the backfield is dangerous to watch and cover.

Defense- "Show up and Show out". In due time they will put the hammer down ( whatever that means in Hamilton ).I see them out there and hell they are playing but give them time. Cover guys, when the games become fun again it will be a better show. You got guys back there that can fly and cover otherwise again they would not be back there.

And the reason Taaffe has both Lumsden aka ( The BEAST ) and Holmes aka ( Express ) in the backfield is because when you run a two set back offenses like that it confusing the defense. Makes them guess to much.

And the reason why they have Gardner aka ( Mr. FSU ) at receiver is because he has the speed and hands to get the job done. Again he has Curry and receiver on the right side cause he has quick release to get open. Again have both Ralph aka ( Great white hope ), Walker aka ( The jet ) in the slot. Ralph has nice hands and can wide the field with his speed and hawk the catch. Walker has great 4.34 speed and has hands and heart, not scared to take the over the middle pass nor the big hit.

Defence:

Ball Hawkers when the game becomes fun again.

Anderson- Solid, speed, cover's and playermaker.

Cody- Sick wit it

Sorry to the rest of the Defence, I have to get the 411 on the rest of you guys as the season goes on.

Special Teams-

JoJo Walker ( The jet )
Holmes ( Express )

With both back there doing the dirty work its going to cause alot of problems for other teams. Look for some trick plays. Both has the speed to take it to the house. That means touchdown..

So blame the team as a whole: cause with all this talent and skills there is no dang way that the ticats should not be 2-0 right now.

Excellent Post!!

I'll admit that I've been hard on Maas but thats just because he is expected to get the job done and has never delivered but I have never blamed the losses on Maas alone. We have the talent to compete it just takes time to learn a whole new playbook and get on the same page as the other guys on the field. We will get things rolling and I feel a win comming Very Very Soon!

Thats what im talking about...

thanks, for the good points because it is all very true. and hopefully if the players start thinking like that moreso (not to say they don't already) they will come together, and the will come on top.

as anyone has seen in the past few games, there is a great amount of tallent on this team. Mass, has shown to be able to throw the ball more this season Timmy and Ricky showed much tallent in their run. the defence showed to be able to hold a team down (as long as there are breaks for them).

Great post cmw. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Thank you borehamgirl

Yeah, I suppose I never thought about it that way. Thank you cmw1612!

When I do think about it further, it isn't like there is a large discrepancy between the talent of the other teams in the league, especially in the era of free agency and a new salary management system.

So where does that leave you? The best team wins. Team being the operative word. The quicker we get the 12 players on the field to work together as one solid unit, the quicker the wins and enthusiasm will come.

I think we don't have to look far up the QEW at the ____'s to see a perfect example of a strong and cohesive defensive unit.

Be smart, have faith in the system and each other Tabbies, clear skies are ahead!

• paul

The best team is here in hamilton, we just have to support our team win or lose.
Trust me when this team clicks its game time

My Friend From Down South
your right We just need time ..

2 out 3 Parts our of game played well.

Offence Normaly takes the longest time to Click.

This week where due for a Win
I Feel it

It's funny, it's almost as if us fans are making our way through the stages of grief.

First came Denial and Isolation: "I can't believe we got stomped at home by the ____'s!"

Step two - Anger: "That Maas/Shaw/Ralph is terrible!"

Step three - Bargaining: "I am going to cancel my tickets if you don't play Chang or score a touchdown!"

Step four - Depression: "When will this losing ever end? It's because of that damn logo change!"

And that brings us to step five, Acceptance! This is when the anger, sadness, and mourning have tapered off. The person simply accepts the reality of the loss.

Luckily for me, I have a terrible short term memory! Let's hope the team does as well!

See you on Saturday!

• paul

Nice post
It funny cause it so True....

cmw1612:

Well thought out post.
The thing that worries me though are the individual problems of basic football that were missing Saturday night:

• receivers dropping easy catches
  • receivers not helping the QB by trying to get open when the play breaks down
  • QB throwing to a receiver who is covered like a blanket by Argo players
    -QB (Maas in this case) taking so long to make a read and get rid of the ball, the receivers were covered and hammered for no gain the few times they managed to catch the ball
  • QB (Maas again) unable to make any passes longer than 15 yards even when the Argos were up by almost two touchdowns before the first half was over. Is this bad play calling or bad reading of the secondary receivers?
  • lousy tackling. I can't remember how many times an Argo made more yards than he should have because of missed and sloppy tackles. Some of it could not even be classed as tackles because the effort was so weak the culprit would have been been yanked even if it had been a flag football game
  • too many wide open Argo receivers on passing plays. Where the heck were the defensive players looking?
  • Too many high snaps from centre. By the time the QB's got the ball under control it was too late for the original play
  • an O line that needs to gel and give the QB time to pass. I'll admit they didn't help Maas much. Chang and Williams seem to be able to recover and scramble better but they should not have had to make up for such a porous O line
    I could go on.....
    Other than Chang, Williams, Ralph (eventually),Holmes (occasionally), Moreno and Setta I did not see any standouts or potential. Thats not enough. I'd say Charlie has his hands full and will need all the talent he and his coaching staff have to stop this losing streak. It could soon be 0-4 soon because we haven't played Montreal or BC yet.
    I'll bet Charlie can do it. But it looks like it will take another season before things look promising. The wait will still be worth it.

Great post cmw1612.

And Paullywood -- I think you've hit the nail on the head. Trouble is some people seem stuck at anger (and have been since about 1999 :slight_smile:. I try to ignore them...

I blame the nature of the beast.

When big wholesale changes are required, you'll usually have growing pains just by virtue of a short training camp and short preseason that the CFL has.

Two games is not a fair indicator of this team at all.

Taaffe is right. Patience is needed, but I understand the fans' frustration at hearing that yet again.

We really have to block out the Marshall era and remember that Taaffe just got here, and has an almost completely new lineup of players.

First came Denial and Isolation: "I can't believe we got stomped at home by the ____'s!"

Step two - Anger: "That Maas/Shaw/Ralph is terrible!"

Step three - Bargaining: "I am going to cancel my tickets if you don't play Chang or score a touchdown!"

Step four - Depression: "When will this losing ever end? It's because of that damn logo change!"

And that brings us to step five, Acceptance! This is when the anger, sadness, and mourning have tapered off. The person simply accepts the reality of the loss.

Luckily for me, I have a terrible short term memory! Let's hope the team does as well!

If they don't get a touch down soon there are gonna be a lot of angry people!!!! lol

Cheers!!
and see ya on the 14th

A win is coming this weekend...

Mark this post 28 ticats other team 17

Pretty good summary of what ails the Cats. cmw1612, I think you're looking at the team through rose colored glasses. Apart from a handful of players (and I would exclude Ralph from mr62cats' list), this team just doesn't have the horses to compete. Heck, your entire secondary except for Cody are mediocre players. Taafe and Desjardins need time to find better players, not just to have this current group gel.

An Argo-Cat fan

I guess, lets see you do it

the o-line is just learning so its not them to blame.. you actually have to blame the coach.. even it being a new team.. the coach is a professional.. if i was the coach.. i would run simple plays and add new tricks little by little.. Maas as you know for you
CFL fans led a team to a championship.. all is not lost.. but most definitely.. Timmy has to start. He needs to start. If he cares for the community and for the owner of Hamilton Ticats he'll put Tim in there. Give Maas time to heal. He needs it (strengthening exercises) and rest. So what if Timmy, from previous forums, says that he likes to stay in the pocket. Thats what he does, and he is comfortable with that. I know I didn't watch any or maybe even cannot watch the CFL games, but I didn't here anyone mention that Tim got sacked. I think Timmy Chang will inspire his teammat

ticats need : 3-4 defense, and many hybrid defensive ends/outside linebackers.

They need to play a ball control, run-first offense. and use a variation of a spread offense, and they need a mobile QB who can complete the run-pass option.