This is what really happened in Winnipeg...Film dosen't lie.

Here's the rub.

Roberts was never really a good fit for Berry's offense, which is primarily designed for a power back with limited blocking as most plays are run out of a spread formation with 5 receivers.

Roberts was able to make it work for the last 2 years on his pure ability to make guys miss. This year, for whatever reason, that ability just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

In a different offense however, that might not matter, especially if Roberts is getting ample blocking support. But the Bombers just don't run those kind of formations.

So, Roberts lost "something" so that he was no longer effective in the Bomber offense, but could still be effective in another offense, is about how I see it going down.

I trust that Wally Buono will manage to fit Roberts into the Lions offence. And then we'll know if Roberts has lost his step or if it was a team failure in WPG.

Wally usually just cuts people, or gives them away for a draft pick. If we can get any use at all out of Roberts we come out ahead imo.

It is little wonder how people feel about Roberts in wpg, that is where this great discussion only begins to tip the iceberg. I'd say tophat does an admirable job in keeping it as close to football sense, pigseye knows the score as well.

My heart says, I'll be surprised to see how "properly" Buono's plans are with Roberts. Buono tells me something about indifference causes his own players to rebel. Therefore, HfxTC makes some decent points. However, it's not all about the coaching as he adamently places the entire context of his argument on it as strictly as he does.

Wally usually just cuts people, or gives them away for a draft pick. If we can get any use at all out of Roberts we come out ahead imo.
^This tells me nothing. You can get 10 yards on Roberts first carry, do you win the trade?