This is what I hate about this country

So I put on the the score this morning to see the highlights of last nights game and they kicked off the news with basketball, which is fine, championship game last night, but then guess what dominated the news for the next 20 minutes? Hockey! It's like shut up about stupid boring hockey, does anyone actually care what is going on in the NHL at this time of year? And I flipped around and that's what dominated all the sports networks, this country is a joke when it comes to hockey.

So Bob if you read this could you please put a video section up for highlights of the games so people like me don't have to suffer through all this annoying pointless irritating hockey news before they decide to show two seconds of CFL highlights.

CH showed some hightlights this morning but all the sportsnetwork news should have highlights of all CFL games, ex or regular, if they are available. Even if ex, not at the end of the news broadcast also.

I saw the highlights last night on CH for being a local tv station they showed little. This morning on sportscenter they showed more highlights and from what I saw both Chang and D. Anderson looked good. Chang seemed very relaxed in the pocket and Anderson made a couple of nice breaks on the ball. I did watch The Score last night and there was nothing which is odd for them. TSN did have it covered though.

Couldn't agree with you more, Drexl.

Here in Montreal - even in the summer - it's mindless hockey drivel all the time on the all-sports radio station: who should the Habs draft, should Kovalev be bought out, will the Bell Centre raise parking prices next season, etc.

Not everyone in this country wants to here about / discuss hockey in the summer

You guys are sort of complaing about nothing!

First off, there has been non-stop football talk every single day. Sportsnet, TSN have done so much it's even over done.

Maybe your just not watching the right times.

Go to TSN broadband, and you will find all the news on the CFL updated by the minute.

Do you not have Sportsnet WEST, ONTARIO, PACIFIC?

There is even a 5 minute CFL segment out west every night!

Highlights are hard to come by when there is no network covering the game.

And hockey talk is important when there are awards being handed out, and big news regarding NHL finally coming to Hamilton.

You guys may just be missing the CFL coverage, because there has been tons of it!

Exactly, they'll cling to the most pointless stories out of this ridiculous fear that they'll lose 80% of their viewers if they don't talk hockey. Just like when the hockey lockout was going on, everyday it would be the cold war day 597 then they'd talk about what some third line player for Columbus said for 10 minutes.

I never watch sportsnews anymore. The only time i'll watch is when i want to see highlights of a game.

Isn't it a bit of a joke to watch these NHL stars getting out of limos, walking down a red carpet, signing autographs like they were going to the academy awards!!
This whole awards show is a joke and it was televised.

they have to create an illussion that people actually care about hockey outside of Canada.

CH Television gave some enticement to the viewers today, in that we should stay tuned for news of last night's TiCat win. Later in the news before they went to a commercial break, they gave the viewing auidience the same enticement. Probably 10 to 15 seconds in length)
Finally, near the end of the news, they did the report. It was 20 seconds, tops!

Thanks for nothing CH TV. I waited all this time to get a recap on the game, and you delivered nothing!

Wake up! This town and surrounding area breathes football and the fans want to hear about the Hamilton Tiger Cats' exploits, whether good or bad.

Instead you spent a lot of unnecessary air time talking about things like Marie Bountrogianni and Jennifer Mossop wisely stepping down from their failing Liberal ranks.
(I'm guessing that despite the reasons they are giving for doing this, the real reason is they don't want to work for a loser like Fibber McGuinty, the lyingest Premier we've ever had. They haven't got a chance of winning another election in southern Ontario and these ladies know it.
So what have you really given us on this useless story?

Besides the fact hockey talk is now year-round on the sports pages and airwaves, what bugs me the most are the inane “hockey experts? on the radio and TV all the time discussing hockey strategy (talk about an oxymoron).

I mean, when it comes to strategy, hockey is light years away from football. What’s there to talk about in hockey?

Why did team X win? They got good goaltending.
What does team Y have to do to win tonight? Take the man.
What must team Z do to get out of their slump? Go hard to the net.
What should coach John Doe do to get his team fired up? Send a goon on the ice (I refuse to use the euphemism “enforcer?). If that fails, mix up the lines.

And this drivel passes as sophisticated analysis…

Maybe they drivel-down their analysis to extend a level playing platform to some fans.

For maximum game day pleasure, enjoy the game and let the self appointed critics play the fool.

I mean, when it comes to strategy, hockey is light years away from football. What’s there to talk about in hockey?

True enough MTL, I agree. Although in hockey it may, and I stress may, be more important than football to think about the strategy of the makeup of your team in a physical sense ie. size, no. goonish type players etc. But the same argument could be made in football I think, we saw the Argos go with smallish outside lb'ers to take away passes in the flats and that as an example.

In the end though, hockey strategy seems so simplistic to football which is why lots like hockey maybe more, I don't know. I love the more involved strategies in football myself. And I ain't that smart. :wink:

Do you travel much? If that's your biggest beef about Canada you should try seeing how the other half lives. It may be beneficial to your perspective.

CH Television gave some enticement to the viewers today, in that we should stay tuned for news of last night's TiCat win. Later in the news before they went to a commercial break, they gave the viewing auidience the same enticement. Probably 10 to 15 seconds in length) Finally, near the end of the news, they did the report. It was 20 seconds, tops!

Thanks for nothing CH TV. I waited all this time to get a recap on the game, and you delivered nothing!

Wake up!

This is nothing new. I'm always disappointed at the lack of coverage CH gives the Cats. It's funny that they'll show 20 seconds of actual game highlights but during the off-season they'll do a whole segment on the Ti-Cats involvement in the community (like Cats and Cops basketball).

The Cats should totally dominate the Sports portion of the news on gamedays.

What do you expect from a little station like ONTV? Today they lead off with news about Bob Barker's last segment on the Price is Wrong. In Buffalo the news always leads off with The Bills or the Sabres. Connie, Dan and Mat are there to appeal to the old folks which the Hamilton population is largely comprised of. Bob might do well to throw the local station alittle bit of green so he can increase the amount of exposure the team gets in the media. You gotta greese the wheels if you want them to turn.

Nevermind T.V. coverage,how about the Spec today,front page has full picture and says to turn to page 2 for story in sports,where you find a story about Geroy Simon and the B.C. lions and nothing about the game no stats no nothing,pathetic and unbeleivable. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

I don't follow. It says on the front page of the Sports to turn to page SP2 and there is a story with a photo of Haywood bearing down on Chang's chin strap as he's trying to get the pass away. Regardless, The Spectator is a joke publication. You only need like a grade 6 reading capacity to understand it. Clueless columnists like Lorraine Summerfeld, and other countless young women fresh out of college reporters...not to mention that it has sunk to the level of trash tabloid in their Go section. Why am I paying for this? The only writers I like are Jeff Mahoney, Scott Radley and Susan Clairmont (she's actually interesting, unlike the rest of the women writers). As a matter of fact, I'm going to cancel the Spectator. It's phony, tasetless, superficial, woman's newspaper.

Rocky, you just became my favorite engineer.

Why must we bring politicians in here? They're not even worthy of mention.