This is getting to be a Witch hunt now

Once again we are getting fined for a serious violation.

Add another $5,000 to @sskroughriders recent fines. They got tagged after Week 7 for taking over midfield logo during intros vs #stamps #cf

Apparently before the game in Calgary the Riders were at midfield doing warm ups or whatever so heinous that the league to lighten our pockets once again.

This is beyond being petty by the league and the Stamps that it isn't funny. I wouldn't be surprised that old tricky Dicky was so upset with Jones telling him the Stamps should win with class after yesterday's game he decided to "get even" with Jones. Either that or Boron went waaaa waaa waaa all the way to the league.

Like I said this is turning into a witch hunt now and it seems that someone has a real grudge against either Jones or the team or both. What a crock of bull and how petty does it make the league look.

If we had got into an altercation at center field with Stamp players then fine something may needed to be done. This though isn't something new for the riders to have done and yet now it is the crime of the century. What a joke.

its time for the Rider league president to call a meeting with hs counterparts from the other 8 teams and resolve this issue privately in the board room, and not out in public.
this kind of bad publicity is detrimental to the health of the CFL as a whole, and it could set the League back for a long time, quite possibly even destroying it.

After a week? That is some BS that is

IIRC the Riders had done this for years after coming out on the field...they group there and then run to the corners of the endzones. This is why clubs do the flag at center...so the opposition can't go there...they remove it before the home team goes out.

I would be shocked if every player didn't know this is a rule...it is in every league...but fining a week later is BS.

yah this is getting so stupid to the point I am beginning to wonder about this league, This club is down as it gets, hell of a fan base, and I am getting sick on the cfl forums as to how we get reference as if we are a bunch of useless hillbillies... what has happened here in 1 year, has been from a struggling team to the joke of the league... not sure I want to waste much more time with this league or our team, it just keeps going down.. and down and down. I have been a fan since I was a youngin and that's a lot of years back, I can stand the losing don't like it, but all this other crap along with the delay of game new slow it down rules, just not much fun anymore... maybe I need to stay off forums for a while... such a disappointment the league and our team

The thing I shake my head at is the Riders put the flag out...forcing the other team around the home center...the flag goes away...the riders come out an take center...see teams get up there and "intimidate" all the time...so since there is apparently no time constraints on these fines...then the CFL should be reviewing all entrances for fouls...horrid precedent set here...shameful. I get the fine...do it a week ago

The CFL has become a big joke!!

Nah stick it out bud. Yes it is a cluster **** right now and yes even if we did commit yet another infraction, still as I said this is turning into a witch hunt. Rider fans need to stay strong and be strong and thumb our noses at the league for such a petty incident.

It just seems that the league is doing everything in it's power to humiliate this great organization, or at the very least someone in it. The bad thing is it paints the whole thing with the same brush. Fans, players etc who have nothing to do with this yet are paying the price.

We can either stand by the team and come back even stronger or watch it all fall apart. I say **** them and the horse they rode in on.
Yes I still think the Stamps are behind a lot of this crap. I guess Huff or someone isn't happy we got Murph. This is payback for something that is for sure. I would love to know who it is and nail their hide to the wall. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Well someone is in for a brain freeze because Karma is coming and hell will freeze over before this team falls apart.

Not likely to happen bud. Like I said this is a witch hunt or a vendetta against us or someone that is working for us.
The league isn't interested in wrong doings of other teams. Only us. Let anyone prove me wrong. I bet they can't.

I don't think it is the league. I think it is the CFLPA getting leaked info from someone inside the team :slight_smile:

After the game with the Lions when the same player took 3 roughing the passer flags ( one of which took Darian out ) and the league was silent .... I started to believe there was something up. I had expected the Lions to atleast get fined even if the Lions player wasn't suspended. Its almost as if the league is still pissed about Jones jumping ship that they are extracting a measure of revenge. And I agree that fining the team a full week after is greasy as it comes ..... Are they trying to kill the CFL?

I don't think it is the league. I think it is the CFLPA getting leaked info from someone inside the team :)
Only problem with that theory is that with tighter restrictions on how they bring players in - less money and opportunities for people coming into the CFL. If as it was alleged there were players getting daily stipends - then now they are not and that's food off their table. I agree that teams must all stick to the same rules but from the CFLPA perspective you would think that they would have filed a grievance to bring those try out players into a legitimate pay schedule so that they can also benefit from dues etc .... this way it is a lose lose for both sides. I think its admin side that's leaking stuff - when coaching staff change teams like most folks change underwear there is no secrets....

Knock it off guys. The Riders deserve every fine that they have gotten this year. Quit whining. Man up and take it like a gopher should.

Nothing wrong with calling it what it is .... The clear sentiment is to hold their heads up and play on. The timing of the fine is suspect. Yes it hurts the teams name and yes by the letter of the law they are guilty on all accounts. Again - the timing of the fine is questionable given that it was 2 games prior.

yah this is getting so stupid to the point I am beginning to wonder about this league, This club is down as it gets, hell of a fan base, and I am getting sick on the cfl forums as to how we get reference as if we are a bunch of useless hillbillies... what has happened here in 1 year, has been from a struggling team to the joke of the league... not sure I want to waste much more time with this league or our team, it just keeps going down.. and down and down. I have been a fan since I was a youngin and that's a lot of years back, I can stand the losing don't like it, but all this other crap along with the delay of game new slow it down rules, just not much fun anymore... maybe I need to stay off forums for a while... such a disappointment the league and our team
The forums have been dying for several years now in my opinion. Yes the Riders broke the rules and deserve the fines and to wear it. However the venom you see from posters over the past few years is getting so vile its turning it in a unpleasant fan experience here. Comments like "most rider fans are sick in the head " only go to show how low the forums have gotten. It is one thing all together to trash talk a team vs absolute trolling. I have no issue with thread after thread of discussions of what the Riders have been fined for - and for other fans calling for the guilty party to be suspended or fired. I do though have an issue with an environment that promotes venomous attacks on players and fans who did not break any rules.

/rant off ... Maybe it is time to take a break from these forums for myself as well .... not that I post very much anymore. I still support the Team and all those players who are being tarred by so called fans .... even though they are no part of most of this. As for this latest fine - If the team decided they were going to pass the hat to cover a fine for standing together then I support a team making a statement ( man enough to pay then fine for doing the crime ). However the timing of the fine has as another poster said set precedent. Whats next? each team has a video review team counting ratio's and screening all actions to look for fine-able offenses? Is the limit just this season or how many seasons?

Hope the team plays on - plays with spirit and that the players know that true fans of all teams do NOT tar them as those on social media have. And in the forever revolving door that the CFL is .... any teams heros can be another teams hero .... every year

over a week after the game and another game played and a fine like this comes out....that is pathetic. There is no way this should come out like that...nothing wrong with slapping a fine down but it needs to happen way faster. These kinds of actions make the league front office look pathetic and inept and the league looks pretty stupid for doing it....and yes...it absolutely looks like a witch hunt because of the timing...whether it is or not. This should have happened by Wednesday or Thursday after the the game or not at all. This has no actual impact on game of play...if it did I MIGHT feel differently...as it is it is weak

No depop. Sorry. Fail answer.

if you say so. In the mean time, I will post as I please and not “knock it off”

And for the record…I have NEVER said that they shouldn’t get fined for it…I have actually backed the fine…I have simply said that waiting over a week and another game played for something this simple is BS and looks bad for the league. There is no reason for something this minor to wait that long. Apparently you feel they should be able to go back to the beginning of the season for something like this…sorry, but in my opinion THAT is a fail. I believe that player fines and minor things like this should be dealt with within a few days after the end of the last game of the week.

I understand everything that you said completely. But the fact remains that while you agree with the penalty, you feel that the timing of it is 10x worse than the actual crime. That's nothing but b**ching. It was 5k, not 100k and it was levied within 7 or 8 days and that is thoroughly appropriate. Quit moaning. Don't make excuses. Man up. That's your fail, not mine.

I don't care if it was one dollar or one million dollars...there are a lot of things that should be dealt with immediately...this being one of them. It is a nothing fine and has been handed out in the past...shouldn't take more than a few minutes to sort that one out. You think it is fine...I think the league looks bush league doing it. That is not whining...that is a concern for the appearance of the league...I don't care what team should have happened to get the fine. How is it that they managed to get all the player fines out there a couple days into the week, but this takes the better part of another week? This required no investigation or panel to review it...they encroached or they didn't...boom...done. Brutal. If you don't feel this makes the league look amateur...well...good for you for having low expectations for the head office of the league...I guess.

I have to agree with Depop on this one. Yes it is a rule and yes it was broken but the timing is complete garbage and it is pretty clear someone is out to smear this team or someone in it.

I would assume it would have been the Stamps that filed the complaint. Surprised Bo didn't tweet it first actually. This should have happened the day the infraction occurred or the very latest the next day . I mean I would assume the one filing the complaint would have to have proof and submit it. The league gets it a day later by courier and look at the evidence, done deal.

Instead it takes 9 days after to announce it? Give me a break.