This forum........................................

Thread with offensive comment-post should be lock, not deleted though. No editing of post, that’s too much IMO.

Mods are doing a fine job so far. It’s not easy to moderate a forum like we have here. Two thumbs up.

Well if it is only locked, everyone still gets to read it including our younger members.

The law was laid out at the very begining by CM and Kahluaz under the topic
Forum guidelines

Okay - years spent in the teaching profession have taught me several things, and here's only one of them: If you ignore offensive behaviour or language, it does not go away. Quite to the contraray, it makes it worse; therefore, it won't solve the problem to simply lock a thread, because these idiots who are spouting off offenses are only going to find another thread in which to post their crap. They do need to be told that they are offending others, but they don't always open their ears to others who are posting on the same threads as them. Perhaps there's another way?

You shouldn't have MODS who are too involed with the other posters.

The best MODS , stay out of fights..............even when they disagree with a post.............they should just police the site most of the time and not contiune to fight with other posters.

I think the mods have every right to post their opinions. It doesn't mean they're requiring others to agree with them. They are allowed every right that every other poster here is granted. Let them post their opinions. If people don't agree with them, they don't have to.

Fine.........but it is a percieved , unbalance of power.............people should not have to worry if a MOD likes MONTREAL and the other does not.......there can be fear of writting what a person thinks.

It has happened here, before.

MODS should like REFS in a football game.....................that is the price of being a MOD! :smiley:

My own opinion here - no offense meant to anyone. I’ve never once felt that I’ve been at risk by disagreeing with a mod. Then again, I’m not the kind to go out and deliberately antagonize people, so that keeps me out of trouble. It is not an imbalance of power, and I’ve never perceived it that way. If mods are abusing their powers, and I don’t believe they are and will argue to the ends of the earth on their behalf, then they will be caught sooner or later and face the consequences for it. Until then, let them have their opinions. I see you have no problem voicing your own, hellothere, but you don’t appear to believe any of the mods should be able to have their own? They are mods for a reason - obviously people think quite a lot of their rationality and justness. If you were still a mod, would you be whining at the people who were saying that perhaps you should keep a lid on your own opinions? Just a thought.

I am not a MOD...........at the best sites that I have posted on the MODS are mostly silent.

Having power can corrupt. And some here, have crossed that line.......but most MODS have been great.

I have never started something..............I don't like fighting.......but I will defend myself.

........thanks jm, appreciate the vote of confidence.....hello, as an unbiased outsider (westerner, as I think you put it once) I have witnessed your kerfuffles with 3/10 and ro1313 and even though they have mod power I haven't witnessed any abuse of it....whatever differences lie betwixt your camps the issue of abuse of power hasn't entered into it.....

1. I didn't say you are a mod - I asked what you would do if you were still a mod. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly recall you "quitting" as a mod after getting into a whining match with other mods on the sight. Remember that one?

2. If all the best sites have mods that are silent, great. Apparently you don't consider this one of the "best" sites. If you're that hurt about it, go to the other sites. If you're not, then quit whining about it.

3. I, personally, do not believe the mods here have crossed the line. You can use any argument you wish, but you will not change my mind.

4. You start things all the time by accusing mods of abusing their power. This is not the first time you've done this. Then, after you accuse them, you turn around and play the victim, which isn't right.

I'm not out to attack you, hellothere. I'm just voicing my own observations. You claim to not like fighting, and yet you seldom back down from an argument. You say you don't like fighting, but you sure seem to like to win when you do.

Excuse me..........are you trying to start something?

I got into a fight with one MOD........who excused me of abusing my power , which was proven wrong.......REMEMBER, that?

He could have PM , me , if he had a problem.......but he wrote that for all to read.......very PRO.

ro1313........moved one of my quotes with out my permission from 1 thread to another......at one time. Find that one,it was recent and in the "ALLEN contiues to amaze" , thread.........who started that one.......not me.

Any time that I have posted about TORONTO , thrid and 10 , MAKES SOME comment........like " only in TORONTO" [same thread as above] ............some other posters have written ..........." I hate TORONTO, and every thing about it "

Not the team but the CITY and its people.

Sorry , but this site shouldn't have over involed MODS , and you should read ALL may posts to find out who really is to blame.And racists comments shouldn't be allowed.

I am not whinning , just telling you the truth........but since you have made up your mind........what can I do..........are you not doing what you hate yourself.?............I guess that is not very open minded.........is it.?

I was making suggestions on how to make this a better site ..................................and you get mad..........this is excatly what I was talking about.

You can't tell me which site to go to..........but if you are a MOD.........you are also , judge, jury and exicutioner................who didn't look at all sides. :wink:

1. Not trying to start anything.
  2. Yes, I remember that. I also remember you bringing it up on several occasions both during and after that situation was resolved.
  3. No one needs your permission to quote you or, as far as I know of or am concerned, to quote something you said in one thread in another. Get over it. Who cares if he quoted you?
  4. So what about the "only in Toronto" comments?? Do you know how many times in a day I hear about how brutal the fans are in Saskatchewan? Yet, I seem to be able to stick up for myself without p***ing off other posters, at least for any length of time.
  5. I never said I hated any of the things you are doing - I am only commenting on my own observations.
  6. I have no problems with you making suggestions about how to improve this site, but perhaps you could do it without bringing up the same point everyone has read a hundred times before (perhaps I exaggerate).
  7. I'm not mad. You don't know my disposition behind this computer screen, and I am, in fact, a person who can easily control emotions. Don't presume to know me, please.
  8. Was it really necessary to quote my entire comment, when it was posted just before your own? Come on. . .

Well , you seem to be very bised.........and refuse to look at all the facts so........what can I do?.......you have the power, remember........so maybe, I can moved other peoples quotes around and take their posts out of context........as well.

I care because it was a MOD who moved my quote and 3rd and 10, laughed at it, again very PRO..........did you even read it???????????????????

That could be seen as an abuse of power..............by others........and not just by me.......... other posters.............like............ JERAMY..........were also ganged up , on.

Quoting is done at every site on this planet.......are we NOW not, nit picking here?............you are just proving my point.

And why are you doing this in public?????????

You don't know me , as well.

Yes, everything here is my fault........but doesn't it take 2 to dance?

Maybe you should also read.......all my great articles, my game calling and I am usually the first person to be nice after fighting, with some one.

If you take the time to actually read all my posts you may learn something...............lets be an example to the rest and drop this. :smiley:

I do read you posts, and I do agree that you are very knowledgeable. I have stated twice that I'm not trying to pick on you, and I thought it was understood that those comments would not be taken as an attack. What power do I have that you are referring to? I never said everything is your fault - I'm only requesting that you take your share of the responsibility in it. I do consider myself to be relatively level-headed, and I don't often jump the gun and spout off things that I am not informed of. I don't presume to know you, but if I can make assumptions, you do seem to be the type of person who can argue what they know, and do it well. I'll give you this: you usually argue your points in a good fashion, and I don't think you deliberately set out to tick anybody off. Like I said previously, I was commenting on my own observations, and that in no way makes them the absolute truth for everyone to yield to. Give me credit, as well - I read almost every post that comes on this forum.

I'm willing to be an example as you are - I'll drop this. However, if it comes up again, I can't promise I won't comment - and I'd completely expect that you'd do the same. It is a forum, after all - a place where people are expected to air their opinions, right?

No hard feelings on this end.

Man, won't you ever realize that quoting isn't a "special mod power"?

I realized in the past you really aren't in your element when it comes to quoting, so I'll give you a little "How to".

If you want to quote someone in another thread, you click on "Quote", at the bottom of that person's post, then highlight the whole quote, and presse CTRL-C. Then you shut down that window, open the thread you want to post it in, and press CTRL-V.

That's it! You quoted someone from another post without being a mod nor a magician!

Now that you know that, feel free to quote people from one thread to another, and take notice of how many people whine about it.

It does. But for a guy who says doesn't like to be involved in fights, you do have a lot of partners to dance with. How come don't you get along with anyone?

Fine , excellent..........so when some one else does this you will bring it to our attention, at the site.? You did accuse me of something in your 1st post to me............

Remember.........I was accused by another MOD at this site in an open forum.

He could have PM me , but did not.

And he was proven wrong.So, my history here has not been great, as far as some people are concerned who don't like TORONTO [the CITY] or the ARGOS.............[I have no problem with people hating the ARGOS]

Some other posters ..........have made some racists remarks.

I did PM ........CFLpm.........privatley, about my concerns about 2 months ago. Nothing happened or was done, that I know of.

Any way.............I will take my responsiblity for some of this......but not all.

THANK YOU...................... for being fair.

I am good............you can also ask ro1313.....what I am like in...... PMs.............

take care............this is an AWESOME SITE.................. :smiley:

In my opinion..............you shouldn't be a MOD...........and I get along with....................ro1313........Earl............geo.....................hours.........and many others..........WHO are nice to me and others.The only 2 posters that I have a problem with is you and LIONBAKER............NOW................ LETS DROP THIS. YOU are a MOD..........set an example :wink:

hellothere, you said " I did PM ........CFLpm.........privatley, about my concerns about 2 months ago. Nothing happened or was done, that I know of." If nothing was done, obviously no great offense was found on part of the powers-that-be?

Again with the fighting thing: You're dwelling. This serves as a ground for people to attack when you do this. . .

In my first post to you, I said, "I think the mods have every right to post their opinions. It doesn't mean they're requiring others to agree with them. They are allowed every right that every other poster here is granted. Let them post their opinions. If people don't agree with them, they don't have to." Please point out the part where I accused you of something. I'm a little unclear on that.

PASS. :wink: :lol:

........I have to go get my teeth cleaned by the dentist which might be a helluva lot more fun than waying into this discussion.......y'all be good now 'til I return......3/10, put that weapon down.......