Third and four to go

Very interesting crossover scenario in the west is developing. Second place BC in free fall mode must play Bombers and Stamps twice. Riders have 2 fewer games, Stamps twice, Bombers once. Calgary will host west semi, Als the east semi. I think The Riders will squeak by BC for third. Any thoughts?

The Riders will end up 8-10 with a crossover.

3 Likes

Relying on Vernon Adams is my biggest factor for this prediction, but it’s possible I’ll be eating crow this thanksgiving.

1 Like

I agree Paul.
It certainly is looking that way. Every time I think Als are starting to get it together they lose. I thought Ottawa had a chance against Argos this weekend and that didn’t happen.
It does look like a crossover will happen.
I know you have to put points in the board, but I thought BC’s defense would’ve shut people down. I don’t get enough info on them to know if it’s injuries or what.
They were a really exciting team to watch.
Calgary is coming along with Maier at the helm. That could be something also.

1 Like

Absolutely agreed.

They’d be better off, to be sure. Calgary is looking pretty good.

1 Like

They tend to blow it in Montreal. Toronto is basically Mosaic Stadium east so wouldn’t be surprised IF they can get thru the Als.

Ottawa will lose this weekend to Toronto. Hamilton to Winnipeg which wi make a crossover inevitable

1 Like

That’s my assumption as well.

Middling BC travels to Calgary Nov 6th to face the surprising Stamps for the West Semi-Final in front of a sellout crowd. It’s a sunny +12 with a slight breeze blowing from north to south. Jake Maier has risen to top of the QB rankings by this time alongside MOP candidate Zack Collaros and is considered by most to be the best gunslinger on the field today. Obvious underdog BC will be doing their best to compensate for their QB inconsistencies alternating between hot and cold Vernon Adams Jr and fast rising future star Micheal O’Connor.

Meanwhile in the East a resurgeant Saskatchewan team sporting three Americans on their rebuilt offensive line crosses over to Toronto to face the .500 Argonauts. Having won their last three games in a row in convincing manner the Riders look nearly unstoppable heading into Sunny Toronto where Andrew Harris attempts to make a valiant comeback from a partially torn pectoral muscle. MacBeth hopes to engineer an upset in front of nearly 12,000 fans on a sunny day that promises to surpass the 18C mark. No one expects the Argos to win but if they do it’ll be on the ground through the heroic efforts of mighty 35 year old Andrew Harris who… I’m just being told has sprained a quad muscle while getting dressed in the locker room. Oh well, that’s show biz…

1 Like

Als and Argos in the east final my friend.

1 Like

Anything can happen in the wild and wacky world of CFL post season football. :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

It’s Thanksgiving Paul. You’ll be eating crow WITH mashed potatoes and stuffing.

1 Like

I think you have your weeks mixed up as Ottawa and Toronto don’t play this weekend.

Everyone seems to forget how little Adams has played this year. Plus he was working with an new offence, receivers, and playbook.

I think given another week he will be much better in Calgary. IMHO Calgary has a season record that makes them look better than they are. When the lowly Elks score as many points against as they did last week…that defence isn’t what it was last year. That and they took advantage of weak special teams play which scored them half their points.

I think BC will at least keep it close in Calgary.

1 Like

I still think that Sask is the likely crossover team. Calgary does look to be trending towards second with BC in free fall, but I wouldn’t be giving them second just yet. Calgary starts playing some better teams and are done with the Elks. They play BC back to back and if they don’t win both they will lose the season series and may have a tough time attaining second. All BC may need to do is win the second game of the upcoming back to back at home to remain in the driver’s seat. Either way their two games left against Winnipeg could very likely be against Bomber second stringers so that is an advantage as well. We’ll see soon enough if Adams or a healed O’Connor can do any better than Pipkin.

If somehow Rourke can get healthy for the playoffs I’m not sure any of this matters. We may then be back to the Bomber/BC showdown we all envisioned before Rourke was injured.

2 Likes

A Sask/Winnipeg GC would be the best though I am sure the powers that be would try and avoid at all costs.

Sask/Calgary would be #2.

Thank you. Looks like both are on byes and play next week instead

Two losses does not ‘free fall’ make. That’s three losses, so you’re just a little ahead of yourself. As of Saturday that will be a true statement, I would wager. I’m thinking BC might right the ship before they slip behind Sask, simply because the RR aren’t exactly setting the world on fire. That’s my only hope right now, be nice & nobody smash it to pieces, please.

1 Like

And cabbage rolls and perogies. My family’s roots are in St Boniface Manitoba.

1 Like

Nothing less than homemade no doubt, my wife and make 20 - 25 doz. Perogies and 4 doz. Cabbage rolls in November ready for the holidays every year.

2 Likes