Thinking Ahead: Recommendations For Next CFL Season?

Cuomo did the right thing in regards to the Bills game and he still got lambasted for it

1 Like

This is part of effective leadership. Some of the sheeple will lambast you no matter what you do especially when you have to make the tough call, for as an elected or other leader that's your duty!

What Bill Parcells, the former coach most famously of the New York Giants with two Super Bowl rings to show for it, said about the fans is not terribly different than for sake of the better leaders.

If you listen to the crowd on the most critical matters, you'll probably be sitting by them soon too and no way will they be showing you mercy then either.

Even on betting lines the sheeple are usually wrong, so to heck with them on the more complex matters including those who won't think twice before endangering others never mind themselves.

1 Like

I think if one of the hardest hit states numbers wise can (and really a politician with not that different of an approach as up here) can successfully have fans in stadiums during a pandemic, that should be good news for us up here. Then again, I was confident we would see at least a few games last year and that didn't happen

1 Like

Happy New Year FYB! Well okay then I have a retractable wall for my balcony!

This was the first great quip or joke I had had heard of the year! It's good to hear you are healthy in these times, for you sure sound like yourself.

File under "a shower is simply a wall-mounted fire hose" or "hair clippers are merely a smaller weed wacker" and the like.

1 Like

Where did they have fans in the stands?

1 Like

Buffalo both for the wildcard and divisional game. Not full capacity but there seemed like quite a few people there

1 Like

6,700 -- about 10% of capacity.

About what Toronto gets for a home game :wink:

2 Likes

None Until the COVID cases come down despite what Eugene Melnyk says

I'm okay with letting the US be the guinea pigs. If they can successfully have fans in stadiums without major outbreaks then I'm fine with the cfl implementing some of what they did going forward.

People are still cramming into airplanes with safety measures. No reason to believe we cant implement some of what we learned moving forward into sports and other aspects of life

2 Likes

He already backtracked..lol

The guy has no filter

2 Likes

At least the 6,700 were spread out in a 70,000 capacity stadium and they were outside in the fresh air.
Melnyk can't have 6,000 in a much smaller venue inside.

2 Likes

Well go figure, speaking from down here in the US as you know and agreeing that some of our idiots who think the same number of fans indoors as outdoors is a great thing at all right now should be the guinea pigs, now the table have turned and the experiment will be underway in the coming days in Ontario?

Explanation anybody?

No guinea pigs happening here. Melnyk backtracks on the plan, hours after unveiling it

Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk says now is not the time for his fan plan | The Star

Common sense (or more likely social media backlash) prevails....the guy is a fool

2 Likes

I have never been to a sens game but if their owner believes they can establish a plan to get his business opened up again, the health authority should be willing to listen and offer input.

1 Like

With every other major sports leagues playing and the CFL can't figure any possible plan to play then you don't deserve a seat at the big table of sports leagues. The league cannot wait another season and every owner, player and accountant knows this ,FIGURE OUT A PLAN.

1 Like

I wish ya all would quit trying to compare this low income league that depends on fans in the stand to the rest of the major leagues that gets income from other revenue.

Maybe calling the CFL major is not quite accurate. Semantics I guess.

2 Likes

Small league (in comparison) big game?

The CFL is a honest, prestine league, that plays on the up and up. Thus making it a major league. It ain't rigged like the NFL is. At least a CFL team never tanked a game during a national broadcast and got away with it

2 Likes

When a league like the NHL has to resort to selling branding rights for its divisions, it’s telling me it is starting to bleed itself white without fans in the seats. The NFL and the NBA might be able to ride it out, but I’d wager another year would be disastrous. The fact that they are allowing partial crowds for the playoffs is telling.

2 Likes