Think our backup will get any chances this year?

I like Danes potential , but he needs to get more work than our previous number two!

I think Dane Evans will get more playing time this year.
He was used more in short yardage towards the end of last season and I can see him coming in later in the game for mop up duties when we have a big lead.

Obviously, June Jones likes him.
One of Dane Evans best qualities as a QB is that June Jones liked him so much that it made Johnny Football expendable. 8)

If our backup gets no work, we’re in a great spot

If Masoli wants Mike Riley type money to sign an extension here, I think he will end up in Montreal, Halifax or Saskatchewan, and Evans will be our new starter.

I think Masoli will agree to a team friendly raise/extension to stay here, but having Evans signed is good insurance.

The fact that Hamilton just signed Evans’ go-to receiver at Tulsa backs up my theory, IMO.

I think June Jones sees Evans as starter material.

If Masoli wants Mike Riley type money to sign an extension here, I think he will end up in Montreal, Halifax or Saskatchewan, and Evans will be our new starter.
I doubt the TiCats will let Masoli walk 1 year before we host the 2021 Grey Cup. He will get his $$$

H will get playing time under 4 circumstancesl

1. Masoli get’s injured
    2 Miasoli doesn’t produce a minimum 4 games
    3 If late in the year we are eliminated from the playoffs
  2. Ilate in the year we ckinched first place or a playoff spot with no chance to move up,

Masoli is on a contract year and wants to put up huge numbers to get a 700 k contract. June Jones is loyal to him and will help him to maximize his value Jone loves Masoli and wants to keep him happy so he will sign with us next year.

Backup is mediocre…I mean behind glass that says break only in the case of emergency.

I like Danes potential though. Orlando wont be as hesitant to put him in if he shows progress this year.

I think you have to get him some reps. In the event Masoli gets hurt or leaves in the off season, it would be nice if the backup wasn’t completely green.

Makes sense, I like what little I saw from Evans last year.