Things that were wrong with Grey Cup week 07

Okay...just got back in to town and must say that I did have a great time all weekend...we rolled out Friday morning...Checked out the Vanier Cup and the tail-end of Tom Wilson followed by some dance music at Riderville Friday...went to the Schooner party for the Mudmen then caught the tail-end of Teenage Head Saturday night...Sloan and the Snowbirds put on a good show on Front Street earlier today...even got to hear Kim Mitchell doing Patio Lanterns as we were on our way to the dome...

Now for the not so great...in no particular order...

MTCC beer service was BRUTAL to say the least! The pricing was not bad ($5.75), but waiting in line for up to an hour to buy tickets followed by up to an hour waiting in line to redeem them was insane!!! Also, being allowed to only buy 4 tickets at a time, then only redeem 2 at a time...again INSANE...I do understand that this was a good way to control consumption and potential problems associated with excessive drinking...KUDOS TO THE T.C. STAFF for getting in behind the bars a pouring so the bartenders could just hand them out...

MTCC security was WAY TOO OVERZEALOUS!!! Getting into some of the party rooms was crazy...having one guard see your wristband or pass and waving you through only to have two others (whom you passed prior to the one who let you go by) come running to stop you and check your pass...

If it wasn't for RiderNATION the parties would have been pretty dull...there was a stupid amount of Rider fans in Toronto...I have a feeling the economy of Saskatchewan collapsed over the weekend as there was probably only about 5 people left in the whole province...Rider fans were everywhere and the life of the party in most places...a lot of the parties would have been pretty empty if it weren't for them...

They never should have bundled the Vanier tickets...The lower bowl (100 and 200 sections) were half empty (even though the only way you could get Grey Cup tickets for those sections was bundled with Vanier tickets) while many fans sat up high in the 500s...we happened to get some tickets in the 200 end zone area...it would have made for a better picture on TV to have close the 500 and put everyone in the 100s and 200s...the placed would have looked jammed!

I am sure I am forgetting things, but that's probably a good list to start!!!

LATER.

Thought of another one...the SCALPERS that were selling tickets in front of Union Station at about 1 PM today that when approached about tickets asked a fan "do you have at least $1000" Made the guy feel like a complete fool for even inquiring! What an ANAL ORIFICE!

LATER.

Hey, it’s Trawna, where they call in the the Army to battle snowstorms. Whadya expect?

I expect the scaplers lost a lot of money, trying that on in the eleventh hour...