THF Sell-Out Watch

But does TSN have enough of them mobile command centres? if they have three different World Cup games being broadcast on the same evening from 3 different cities, do they have enough of them big tractor trailers with the cameras and all their crews? It’s not like they can tap into an existing broadcast like they do for euro soccer or baseball.
Just too bad they scheduled a pre-season game on a Monday night.

I agree, I really think it is a question of how many Mobile Television units, Television crews and the logistics of setting up and taking down and relocating of them that makes it impossible for TSN to cover all the pre season games when TSN is fully committed to broadcasting the World Wide International television feed of the Womens World Cup to the rest of the world.
It is the rest of the world tapping into the TSN feed

YOU missed the point i was making …I wasn’t talking about the cats making money…i was talking about actual fans buying tix
there shouldn’t have been ANY tickets left for anyone to give away …and i’m talking last years games… let alone been any space left to move people AND give them free pairs of tickets for doing so.
so when the talk of sellout and how great they are doing …is it really that great in terms of fan turnout …would it be full if they didn’t give away tix? Even for games at mac with tickets available and freebies given away doesnt seem too good through my eyes.
Yes they are doing good from corporate money …but paying fans at the turnstiles does not seem like its as great as being portrayed

Easy there D e K its a long season I'm sure there will be other more important things to complain about lol

How do you know Nissan didn't purchase these tickets before they were available to the public to buy?

By all means you can put an asterisk besides the words sell out but it's in the books as a sell out

Even a national network only has so much staff and equipment to go around.

And it would be fair point if this were the only time in the last few years that the Tiger Cats were left off the preseason broadcast schedule.

Having been to the Grey Cup twice recently, they should merit better consideration.

To be fair they are playing on a Monday night the same time as 4 World Cup Games and an NHL playoff game.
Even a Sunday afternoon game would have been better

And it would be fair point if this were the only time in the last few years that the Tiger Cats were left off the preseason broadcast schedule.

Having been to the Grey Cup twice recently, they should merit better consideration.

To be fair they are playing on a Monday night the same time as 4 World Cup Games and an NHL playoff game. Even a Sunday afternoon game would have been better.
You didn't read what I wrote.

I UNDERSTAND the current situation.

But what’s the excuse for the previous season.

Probably the fact our stadium wasn’t ready.

A couple of years ago when Toronto hosted the Eastern Final, I had a blast counting the seats left and working out a rough estimate of how big the crowd would be. With THF it's a bit simplier since there are no closed off sections, it's just a straight count. My original plan with this thread was to do a countdown of tickets left for all the games. Then I realized how big a job it was and decided to put it aside. If I had absolutely no life, I probably could have done it, but sadly I have other things to occupy my time.

Now that it's closer to actual game time I can make a stab at tracking the up coming games with out a lot of number crunching.

As I wrote in the other thread for the Aug.3 game against Toronto I put the count of remaining tickets at 148.

For the Aug. 9 game against Winnipeg I put the count of remaining tickets at 700.

Okay, update time!

Aug. 3 vs. Toronto: 176 remaining.
Aug. 9 vs. Winnipeg: 674 remaining.

Who cares if Nissan (or any other corporation) bought tickets and is giving them away? Point is essentially all the tickets are sold. IIRC the city of Oakland had to guarantee so-many-tickets-sold per game to ensure the return of the Raiders. It's just the way things are done now.

Okay update time!

Aug. 3rd vs. Toronto: 113 remaining

Aug. 9th vs. Winnipeg: 657 remaining

And tomorrow night, I'll start the count for Aug. 15th vs. B.C.

Down to 119 singles for this evenings game, looks like the weather is going to be good, little chance of rain.

Counting only 94 left for tonight's game! As we get closer to game time, the last of the singles are starting to get snapped up.

Cool beans,

Thanks for the empty seat count!

76 left! I know it's been called a sell-out already (which I suspect is due to the general admission tickets putting crowd size above stadium official capacity) but it will be nice to see every seat sold.

This is fun. I count 70 tickets remaining and 17 sections that are not 100% sold out.

And then when some fans decide to go to the south patio to socialize and watch with friends there will be areas that will look empty and fans of other teams will be jawing and wondering why the team is claiming that it’s a “sold out crowd” ! :roll: :slight_smile:

Great that so many are attending at the end of a long weekend when tomorrow is a work day for most. ENJOY!! Wish I was going to be there!

I don’t think the visual of that is as significant as you think. As the stadium slowly opened to full capacity the empty seats appeared to disappear altogether. Just looking at the highlights of the Eastern Final, I couldn’t see any empty seats.

We’'ll see in less than two hours…

(BTW I count 63 tickets left…)

Time to move on to the next game.

For the August 9th game, I count 5 sections with many seats remaining (dark blue on the Ticketmaster map) and 25 sections with few tickets remaining (light blue).