THF APPROVED!!

[b]CFL News@CFL_News #Ticats got green light from City of #Hamilton for Monday afternoon's #CFL game against the #Argos. via @FAN590[/b] https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/505816139172446208

email received at 4:28 from the Cats:

Dear Michael,

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have received the following statement from City of Hamilton's General Manager of Public Works Gerry Davis:

"Contractors have advised us that they will be completing all the key construction pieces over the next two days, and getting final sign off this weekend. These assurances give us confidence that the Labour Day game will proceed."

With the the assurances from the contractors and confidence from the City of Hamilton, the Tiger-Cats wanted to share all of the great things you can expect when you arrive at Tim Hortons Field on Monday. Gates open at 11 a.m. Kickoff is at 1 p.m. Check out some views from around the stadium by clicking here.

OUR HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE RETURNS

• Your Tiger-Cats play at their home stadium in Hamilton for the first time in 22 MONTHS. Click here for a message from Bakari Grant and Simoni Lawrence.

BE A PART OF HISTORY – TWICE!

• Not only are you attending the Inaugural Game at Tim Hortons Field, but also the historic first Labour Day Classic against the Argos in the new stadium.

LABOUR DAY CLASSIC LAYOUT - TIM HORTONS FIELD STADIUM MAP

• Familiarize yourself with the layout of Tim Hortons Field here, click here.

PARKING

• Be sure to click here to learn about all of the great new parking options available around Tim Hortons Field.

TICKET TO RIDE PROGRAM

• The HSR Ticket to Ride Program is back for the 2014 season at Tim Hortons Field. Be sure to click here for information.

ACCESS & COMFORT

• All fans will enter through the Pioneer and Scotiabank gates, located on the south side of the stadium in facing Cannon Street
  • Be sure to drop off a non-perishable food item or cash donation for the Purolator Tackle Hunger Program and receive a picture with the Grey Cup.
  • We encourage all fans to arrive early, gates open at 11 a.m., to experience Tim Hortons Field.
  • Spacious concourses with quick and easy access to concessions, washrooms and merchandise on both the East & West sides of the stadium.
  • 21-inch-wide seats – the largest of any outdoor stadium in Canada.
  • Wide aisles with ample leg room.

SIGHTLINES

• Incredible sightlines to the field from EVERY seat in the house.
  • Stunning views to the escarpment & to downtown Hamilton from throughout the stadium.

FOOD AND BEVERAGE

• Food options will include sandwiches, salad, snack-foods, popcorn, Old Dutch potato chips , peanuts and candy.
  • Refreshing Coke products, Bomb energy drink and bottled water.
  • Ice cold Molson beer products and Seagram alcoholic beverages.

WASHROOMS

• Modern and fully functional permanent washrooms throughout the building.

GIVEAWAYS

• Free Tiger-Cats mini-footballs for all fans in attendance, courtesy of Direct Energy.
  • First 5,000 Fans in attendance will receive a free Tim Hortons Field Rally Towel courtesy of Cogeco.
  • Hundreds of t-shirts, footballs & hats will be given away through in-game promotions.

GAME EXPERIENCE & CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Cash only, credit cards will not be accepted, and there will be ATM's on-site.
  • Experience Canada's largest outdoor HD videoboard for the fist time - 3,400 square feet of entertainment.
  • Over 300 Customer Assistance Team & Tiger-Cats' staff members to help make your first trip to Tim Hortons Field an enjoyable one.
  • 10,000 square foot Pioneer Energy Zone in the south end of the stadium – the perfect place to meet friends and have a cold beverage.
  • The debut of our new Signature uniforms by Reebok.
  • Fighter jets pre-game flyover.
  • The Tiger-Cats Cheerleaders presented by Reebok.
  • The Findlay Family Zone – Free children's activities including face painting, balloons and entertainment.

Certain stadium experience elements that will be delivered in the future will not be available on Monday. These include:

• No operational elevators.
  • No access to the club level, suites and upper west stands.
  • For a list of prohibited items, click here.
  • If you have any questions about elements that will not be available, please call 905 547-2287 (CATS) and speak to a customer service representative.

Gates open at 11 a.m followed by a 1 p.m kick off. We can't wait to see you there!

Oskee Wee Wee,

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club

Awesome news…just made my day!!!

Good things come to those who wait...and can wade through a ton of threads. :slight_smile:

Oski Wee Wee!

Russ

Great News for all Tiger-Cat Fans from far and wide, Caretaker, the team, the management, all the many people involved who worked hard and long hours to get the job done, we congratulate you, well done and to coach Austin and the Tiger-Cats, let's Eat the Argo's Raw on Labour Day Monday and get our first victory at Tim Horton's Field!!

I'm giving up my seat to the guy CH quoted as saying "there's no way the stadium will be done by Sept." "it's a nightmare"

Really Impress with Ticats TV Live idea
I still wait till Everything is done on on Sept 20th
Hoping I can sit in my seat by then
Till then everyone who’s going Enjoy it
I am done taking about the stadium

Now I am just going Talk about the Players and games.

Well done

:thup:

Such a great day for the whole city of Hamilton, knowing that the ticats have a new home, which will hopefully be filled with many championships, rich history and many rabid, loyal fans ( who sell out the stadium on a regular basis).

Thanks to everyone for making this happen, Bob, I hope the team will bring you a Grey Cup in the next few years, you deserve it. I hope they hoist you on the field like "Rudy"

Oskee wee wee!

Tom I knew you had some positive feelings deep inside you.

Well done sir!

:thup:

(Now I’m hoping that you can remove the “un” from the word “impressed” in your signature when you do sit in your new seat - I’ll be watching).

was just Pissed off about my Seat
I am glad the game being played there
I still heading to mac for Mac Guelph game
Stadium should be Ready completely on the 20th
When Sit down on my Seat for the 1st Time
Everyone who can take Photo Please do
Really looking forward to seeing the Live Play by play at Stadium
what a great Idea I am thrilled by that .
Enjoy

WEW HEW!!!!

Good for the team. Good for the fans. Good for Mr. Young. That's terrific!

I second that

Fantastic news and kudos to all who made this happen, wasn't the best of winters as we know and I was in doubt any games would be played at THF this season. Well done!

Does the list of prohibited items that i clicked on actually say all food and beveridges? - Water is not permitted in?

Crash, That is quite correct. Water never has been permitted, which I’ll admit at first glance looks unreasonable.
But when you think about - what other entertainment venue that serves food and beverages allows their patrons to bring in their own food and beverage?
Besides we don’t actually know what is in the “water” bottles coming into the stadium. Much like the airlines in this modern world, we don’t know what some evil-doer might try to sneak into a crowded stadium. Although unlike the airlines we won’t confiscate your tweezers.
So please don’t set yourself up for disappointment - please don’t bring food or beverages. Thanks.

Appreciate the quick answer.

With all due respect to our Caretaker, I have personally (on several occasions) been permitted to bring water (500 ml) bottles into the Rogers Center.

Here is their policy:

Can I bring food to the event?
ARAMARK, Rogers Centre's concessionaire, has put together menus that appeal to all tastes. Rogers Centre does allow guests to bring food in as long as the items are wrapped, bagged or left inside a container to avoid spillage. Cans, glass bottles, aluminum/steel water bottles or drinks larger than 600 ml are not permitted.

thanks

That honestly shocks me, as the Rogers Centre security/staff have always been incredibly strict as to searching and not letting anything into the building whenever I’ve gone. Water and Vodka also look pretty identical and bringing in your own liquor causes all sorts of liquor license issues.

Core Entertainment does not allow any outside food or beverages in according to the website.

Outside food and beverage is not permitted to enter any of Core Entertainment venues.

http://www.coreentertainment.ca/about-us/policies

Is the good news that a "breathable air surcharge"* won't be added to our tickets until 2016?

(*not a guarantee that the air will be breathable)

Did the federal and provincial governments actually pay to build a public recreational facility in 2014 that doesn't have a provision for patrons to fill water bottles?

I prefer to purchase bottled water as needed rather than lugging a refillable bottle, but wow.