There's 2 sides to the story! (AJ Gass incident)

I don't know.. i think it was good, hard-nosed football. He's an Eskimo, remember.. and therefore more virtuous and honourable than players on other teams.

.....(psst you forgot to use the [sarcasm] buttons)......

lol at Gass trying to justify himself. This bum deserves to be kicked... right out of the league.

You're right, R&W, thanks for the reminder. esp. since many Esk fans were probably nodding, saying, "Right on."

....gotcha lon, ignore my comments in the EE forum then too..

hahaha. So it was okay for Braidwood aggressively take out Ralph out the play prior but when Ralph goes aggressively for Braidwood the next play it was over the edge? What a baby.

If I'm not mistaken, did Hamilton not need to try and kill a little time in order to completely run out the clock? By delaying the kneel down by a couple of seconds, that allowed Hamilton to do just that, run out the clock. How can the Eskimoes be pissed about that? In the same breath, how can Hamilton blame Edmonton players for trying to get to Maas if they still had a chance to get the ball back. When I was watching the game, it looked to me like Maas kneeled down before the clock was actually out of time (granted I don't know if the TSN game clock shows the same time as the official clock).

Bottom line is, you do not kick, no matter what the situation is. Gass should have gotten in Ralph's face, if anything and let him know that he would pay next week. But the way it is going to shake out now is Gass will likely get suspended and will not get to partake in the rematch in Edmonton.

Ro I was not refering to you the Suitor comment! :lol:

Changed your mind again hey! Were you not defending gASS issue earlier!

Absolutely not. I was commenting on Ralph’s actions which were totally classless and disgusting. I didn’t take a stance on Gass’ actions one way or another. If you want my stance on that, AJ Gass is a bum and deserves to be punished for his actions on Saturday. That said Ralph proved himself to be not much better when he decided to do what he did at the end of the game.

What did he do? Deadwood is alive and well! Ralph only performed a legal block! Look up legal this might help you understand!

And I repeat that just because something is legal it doesn't make it ethical.

ethical please! This is football no brain surgery!

In some countries it's legal to kill your wife if she cheats on you.....just because it's legal doesn't mean you have to agree with it.....I'm with BD on this one.....

.....thats a bit of a stretch my dear....

.....however, I think that many, if not all, of us agree that while the below-waist block is legal it shouldn't be.....

A bit of a stretch?? I was going for completely outlandish.....

I’m not defending Gass at all, I think he deserves to be suspended. I’m just completely surprised that this league would allow helmet-to-knee blocks. It doesn’t make sense.

there's 2 sides to this story :? sounds like Lawyer talk :lol: Edmonton trying to justify for that stupid stunt :roll: but if rolls were reversed, oh boy :expressionless: i guess they just need an excused for when they dont make the playoff, its beacause AJ GASS was suspened :lol: and/of the referees were against us all season :stuck_out_tongue:

how can you say it was a helmet-to-knee block?

he never even touched him… and on top of it, he probably would have ended up hitting him with his shoulder pads, not his helmet!

you honestly think that Ralph would intentionally go after someone?? please!!!

why can't you eskimo fans just admit that your precious AJ is a complete ass and should be suspended? It was the end of the world when Wiltshire got hit and when you do something , "well he did it for good reason". AJ Gass is the "Romonowski" of the cfl. This incident and the clubs reaction makes the whole organization look like idiots.