There something Rotten in Steel-town

Actually it was 150Gage who was joking around in response to my post that was basically just showing an historical comparison of Cats Grey Cup successes versus Argos successes in winning the big game .

I do agree though that 150Gage when he posted his response he made it in jest and was in no way intentionally trying to target or do harm to anyone .

Lastly I don’t think it’s a real surprise to anyone on these forums that there are a lot of seniors and older posters . In fact I would hazard a guess that the majority of posters here are anywhere from near 70 years of age and up . Finally for what it’s worth I’m only 61 so I guess that would make me a young whippersnapper in these parts .

2 Likes

I was told I was “wet behind the ears” by a certain senior poster here…

Undoubtedly this card carrying member of the “Nostalgia Brigade” ( is that also hurtful???) thought he was taking a shot at me…VVVeeeeerrrryyyy “welcoming”…

I’m 52…That’s like getting asked for my ID at the Beer Store!!!

:laughing:

I got asked today for ID at FreshCo but then again they ask everybody for ID there regardless of how young you are or look .

1 Like

Well I guess all seniors are guilty in your 52 year old eyes . How sad is that ?

:laughing:

Sad enough for you to be confused, selectively quote, and, comment about it. And I didn’t cry to the mod’s to get it taken down…Was that “ageist” or just a personal shot???

You be the judge…

Speaking of old guys… right now we’re talking about how sexy June Cleaver is on our thread.

LeaveItBeaver

2 Likes

I’m not sure what Aunt Mildred had to complain about? :smile:

2 Likes

Well the Sask Huskies lost 30 - 24 to Laval . The Huskies lost last year to Western in the Vanier . They haven't won the Cup since 1998 . I wonder if the Sask fans are dumping all over their team today ? Only in Hamilton you say .

2 Likes

I just hope you do get old, HtP.
It can be tough, but it’s worth the experience.
And, it increases your chances of having what you dream of having among your Tiger-Cat memories.
Unknown-2

2 Likes

Sask Roughriders won in 2013 and their fans are still dumping on their team this year for their collapse…rightfully.

2 Likes

They aren’t just happy with a playoff appearance. They want it all.

I’ll call Rider fans alot of things, complacent isn’t one of them.

2 Likes

How dare they complain after only 8 seadons; we get told off by our own fans to stop complaining after 21 seasons of complacency.

3 Likes

I’m also told that the owner really wants to win and it’s the people he’s put in place that are the problem…

After 20 years!!!

2 Likes

That's EXACTLY what it is.

How many coaches and GMs have we gone through with Bob Young as owner? Every few years they fire the coaching staff and bring in the next regime hoping for a different result. It never works out because they don't bring in the right combination of people and some aspect of the Ti-Cats on-field performance is always inadequate.

Do you actually think Bob Young would know if Casey Creehan makes a good Defensive Co-Ordinater? NO. He would have trusted his new Head Coach Cortez to make that decision.

If you want to blame somebody for the last 20 years then blame Mitchell. He is the one who brought in these high profile coaches like Cortez, Austin, and Orlondo. He then gave them too many hats to wear and too much power. All of these guys have been around football for decades and so they just bring in their buddies as coaches and co-ordinaters who may or may not be the best candidate. As a result we always have this unbalanced team that produces mediocre results.

Mitchell needs to say "enough is enough" and demand of Orlondo that only the top football minds be brought in to fill every position. Coaches, co-ordinaters, GMs, scouting. Only then will the Cats emerge from this .500 football funk.

1 Like

Talk about polite football fans . " GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – With back-to-back losses for the Green Bay Packers, many fans are wondering if the Green and Gold still have what it takes to make the playoffs.

“I’m not happy about it,” said Dan Miller from Pennsylvania. “I’m a dedicated Green Bay Packers fan for 70 years, and it just breaks my heart to see them lose to the Jets. I think this might be the year we don’t make the playoffs.”

No talk about blowing up the Packers . They realize that this year is not their year . This fan base hasn't suffered like Detroit . The Packers have one Super Bowl since 1997 . The Jets haven't won since 1970 . It's hard to get to the championship game and even harder to win it . 12 teams have never won the Super Bowl - Vikings , Bills , Bengals , Falcons , Panthers , Cardinals , Titans , Chargers , Browns , Lions , Jaguars , and Texans .

1 Like

Not exacty “No talk about blowing up the Packers” because a fan from Pennsylvania for 70 years doesn’t say it.
There are a ton of threads on forums about it. One that you don’t have to look too hard for is called “Tearing It Down” and it’s 10 pages long. But I digress…

Now…about the Ticats…

1 Like

@PatLynch you’re comparing apples to oranges. The NFL has 32 teams compared to CFL’s 9. :beers:

1 Like

Gee , I didn't know that . Thanks for pointing that out .

Since about 2009 the Cats have never needed a blow up of the whole team from year to year. Only a few tweaks to key positions that can turn a 9-9 season into something better.

Witness the transformation between 2018 with a (8-10) record and 2019 where we went (15-3).

There was an improvement of 7 wins between those seasons and much of the player personnel was there for both of those seasons.

It can be easily done but the management need to identify what needs tweaking and commit to fixing it.

Somehow those blasted Argos figure this out every few years so we should be able to do it even better. We've got better fans and ownership.

3 Likes

The Defence kept them in games ,they could have been 3 and 15 with this OC !