Thelwell to sign with Stamps

I stand corrected, I know that the roster size was increased but was not aware that the import quota has changed. How many imports are now permitted to start?

The roster size for a CFL team is 46 active players with 42 available for game day rosters. Three of the 40 are quarterbacks and can be either imports or non-imports with no restrictions. Of the remaining 39 players, no more than 19 may be imports. Therefore the maximum amount of imports allowed per team is 22.

Ok, 22 imports, 3 which have to be Qb's. Add one import return guy on specialty teams (Ruffin last year). You still need to drop 2 import positions from last years starting line-up. My point is still valid, if the Stamps are to keep all their import receivers in the starting line-up they have to remove 2 non-imports from the D side. We aren't even talking about salary cap yet.

Yoda lives in the past. His Playstation gm is for the nfl where there are no quotas forgive him. The guy has also forgot that we have lost players in the off season. You need to sit down and take a break GM CFLesksfan and worry about the Eskimos not the Stamps.

Add one import return guy on specialty teams (Ruffin last year). Thats see Hwoell did that late in the season and Ruffin is a DB. So that theory went in the eskimo toilet.

You still need to drop 2 import positions from last years starting line-up. Thats see did a few retirements not count yet or not. WHy oh why with all the great GM’s out there we do not hire you ole smart one. Jim Barker look out we have a genius for a your job.

My point is still valid, if the Stamps are to keep all their import receivers in the starting line-up they have to remove 2 non-imports from the D side. We aren’t even talking about salary cap yet Your eskimos jealousy is showing. What you have never heard of 5 import receivers before. Now go get your pillow and have a nap you are making a fool of yourself.

I'm not at all worried about my Eskimos, they will continue to put an entertaining product on the field, will once again lead the league in attendance by a country mile and they will to continue to be the flagship franchise in the CFL.

I though am open to the reality that the Eskimos will not be hanging on to all the running backs they presently have in their stable and I am not stubbornly blind to the reality that some players due to the realities facing the GM, will not be there next year.

Like it or not the Stamps will not keep and pay atarting salaries to all the import receivers they presently have on the roster.

Like it or not the Stamps will not keep and pay atarting salaries to all the import receivers they presently have on the roster Sorry but Copeland has renegotiated his contract to accomodate staying in Calgary. We have dropped some large salaries and like I said before the Eskimos I believe had large salaries to deal with and most likely have had to come down considerably and mostly have done that. I believe the Stamps are in the same position. It seems to me your jealousy of Copeland being a stampeder is showing through. So I suggest you take your GM qualities back to your play station GM abilities. Well you are counting salries just maybe next time use a calculator instead of removing your socks.

Am I jealous of Copeland, no, I even like his off-field persona.

Would I want him on my team, no, I dont think he has the talent to back up the embarrassment he causes on the field(Nik Lewis does have the talent to back it up)

IMO Copeland will not play for the Stamps next year, if I am wrong, so be it, but that's not what I am saying here.

What I am saying is that I am predicting that out of Boerighter, Lewis, Thurmon, Copeland and Rambo, two will not be playing for the Stamps and trust me, barring injuries Boerighter will be staying. The Stamps can't afford them all and there is no way the Qb can spread the ball around enough to keep them all happy.

Do we have to go through the math again for you. Or do you wish to play gm some more. Thurmon who caught what 50 percent of his passes will not push Copeland out his position. May I remind you that Copeland gets lots of coverage therefore it opens up others to receive passes. Copeland has time and again proven he is a very good receiver in the CFl nothing to prove for him. The fact he dances has your underwear in a knot. You will see that Copeland will in fact be playing for Calgary this season bet one it. Now put your socks on and quit trying to cut our very good receivers so you can stock up on them for your eskies. :lol: You are futile!

No, I am wise, in comparison to present company. If you think they are all staying, you are welcome to your opinion. I will go on living in my real world, you can go blissfully living in you delusional world.

I will end this as neither of us will convince the other. I will be back to this conversation at the start of the regular season at which time in the highly unlikely scenario that Thurmon, Rambo and Copeland are all playing for the Stamps, I will bow down to your insight. I will however lose no sleep as the chances of all of them remaining are slim to none and slim was last seen at the Greyhound station dancing with Jermaine.

You are welcome to the last word, junior.

Ha ha ha CFlesksfan to show how funny you are you mentioned Thurmon in the line up. He is the guy that will be expendable. Keep up your comic routine I need to laugh. The jealousy of our receiving corps is eating your common sense away. Need time for you to rest so it comes back. Have fun on your play station. Pick the Colts or the Bears by the way that might help you in your play station GM duties.

I don’t know what you guys are thinking but that Esks secondary looks to be matching up pretty well against the Stamps receivers. It should be very competitive and interesting next year.

Ya it should be good!

Whoa...that receiving corps will be stacked...

Who do you think will be the odd man out in Calgary?

My guess would be 50 per cent Thurmon is the odd man out. Copeland just got a salary cut to stay in Calgary so for being loyal to his team he will not be going anywhere (unlike what some would want cflesksfan). With that receiving core they have many opitons available. :lol: :o :slight_smile: :smiley:

I think that thurmon and either rambo or copeland will be out ( most likely rambo)

Seriously Kool Kitty, 50 percent Thurmon is no where never the talent of Copeland and Rambo. The cost for Rambo or Copeland will be high. Copeland just did a new contract so he would be able to remain as a Stamp. But anything can happen but I will bet Thurmon is the odd guy out on this squad. Rob Johnson is another.

I agree that Thurmon is probably odd man out. I think with proper jugggling,(Salary cap?) Calgary may be able to keep all of those remaining receivers. If it gets down to crunch time and they had to burn one, it would be any ones guess. It may come down to pre-season play or even go two or three weeks into the season.

They have removed some large salaries already. D Maxie ( ha ha he will argue that), R Abdulah, John Grace are three that I can think of but there are a few more as well. But really we carried R Johnson, e Thurmon, Rambo, Lewis, Copeland last year this year we have added one american and a canadian so really what do think the problem of keeping 5 americans. We had 5 last year. Copeland had his salry reduced so he could stay with the Stamps which was a good gesture on his part. People have been unfair to Copeland considering he caught most of what was thrown to him. With Rambo, Lewis, Thurmon and Copeland to throw to my feeling is it was spread around and Copeland got special attention by defenses. He is a very good player regardless of the showboating. You take Johnson and Thurmon who dropped many passes and Hank seemed to think he could force the ball to Thrumon most games it upset the balance in the receiving core. Now you have options available like the good ole six pack or 5 receiver set. They just have to make sure the Canadian and American ratio match up when they use the american receivers. It can be done. The SMS should not be a problem. You can rotate fresh legs into the offense. You got to like that.