The XFL 3.5 and 2023 Plans

What no one talks about is the money, and how little money there is in the CFL TV deal. It would not take much money to double what the Argos get in TV money or any CFL team for that matter. It will be interesting to see if the XFL does get off the ground and what the TV numbers look like in the USA and Canada.

Another thing that is glossed over is that a league with 18 teams or so is much more inviting to gamblers. You have 9 games a week as opposed to 4 with either the CFL or XFL. 18 teams works out better for fantasy as well as gambling. I also think that if there was a full on merger any of the Canadian teams playing in Texas would do well with road attendance due to the large number of Canadian Expats in Houston and Dallas.

2 Likes

Right now I just want to know what the current deal looks like. How much money did Disney give the XFL? Iā€™ve seen the speculation about 200 million over 5 years but what happens if the XFL decides to go to 14 or 16 games? Is there a clause in there? Same idea if the XFL expands the teams or even plays exhibition games against another league. If the money doubles then the XFL would be tempted to grow quickly.

2 Likes

You would like Faster itā€™s a dark revenge movie not a happy Rock cartoonesque character he pumps out every week it seems ā€¦ more of a better Jason Statham style when itā€™s done well .

2 Likes

I saw ā€œFasterā€. It was meh to me. It was if he wanted to go back to his first movie of the reboot of ā€œWalking Tallā€.

Now Statham I like as an action star. Heā€™s not a very big guy, but he sells it that he is a badass asskicker

1 Like

I never did understand how we went from undercover cop in the first movie to HS kids in Japan street racing to dropping cars out of planes and getting chased on Ice by subs - I watched a couple of them and I was out -

I tried to avoided the ā€œFastā€ franchise, but I watched a few movies when Paul Walker died. Walker was on his way to movie superstardom(Tom Cruise level) if he hadnā€™t died in that car accident. The Rock was brought in to save that franchise, which he did, but had help from Statham. I couldnā€™t buy John Cena being a brother to Vin Diesel.

1 Like

We shall see, but we can always count on you to cover for their folly too!

1 Like

The Rock has a new sitcom on NBC called ā€œYoung Rockā€ now as I learned only because I watched Sunday Night Football.

I think after the success of ā€œMoanaā€ on a whole different front for The Rock, he could not care less about the quality of his work. Heā€™s a mainstream name riding his wave until it goes out, much like the few who make it to such a level via Hollywood and beyond in the entertainment business.

I still cannot figure out just who under about age 70, most of whom it seems who watch broadcast and cable news only and who do not get their primary news or news at all from the internet, even watches sitcoms.

I was puzzled back in 2004 why anybody bothers all the same given all the other options plus they have sucked for decades anyway.

3 Likes

So what is this fast franchise you speak ofā€¦ Never heard of it

The ā€œFast and the Furiousā€ franchise

You are not missing much - started out as a cop infltrating a group of street racers in LA or something like that - they did a movie in Japan with HS kids racing in parking lots - now they are stealing encrypted soviet crypto currency neutron bombs from weapons dealers in Qatar of the CIA - but everything has to have fast cars dropped out of C-130s - Usually have some ninjas or something like that as bad guys working for the evil arms dealers -

2 Likes

I keep waiting for the XFL to announce that the Vegas team is playing its games in Tejas this year - Either in Arlington or in some random HS Stadium in Dallas. Also I am losing faith in this thing getting off the ground any time soon.

3 Likes

November is upon us in about a day.

Hereā€™s what we have as the XFL has also mailed out season-ticket packages - before the names of teams have been announced and who knows the deal on the venue in Las Vegas. :roll_eyes:

But on Halloween morning, apparently the team names and venues are finally going to be revealed. The colour schemes of each team have been revealed as noted here.

With another month upon us, we get that ā€œbig news is coming!ā€ line again too! :unamused:

After this news, is the league just going to scramble in January and just shoehorn this operation all together? Is that what they really are delaying now?

Otherwise apparently there are quarterbacks and kickers in their special camps already.

Nothing concrete is in the newsletter, but November is sure to be a big month of exciting news from the XFL. Fans have been waiting patiently, and the clock is ticking to Februaryā€™s Kick-off of the 2023 season.

Despite our reports, we still await an official announcement from the XFL. The last big news was months ago about the coaches. Team names, XFL draft date, is all that we have heard through sources or early leaks.

3 Likes

more from ESPN

1 Like

The Battlehawks are back!! Woot woot.

2 Likes

Yes we can probably take St. Louis off our CFL expansion list. Good luck in 2023 enforcing the law of kaw.

1 Like

St. Louis was never in the mix for CFL expansion because their is no facility to house a CFL game there

Take a look at his name. It was still on his list despite field size.

2 Likes

Oh well another one of ours gets blown up I guess.

2 Likes

Meh ...

ARL @XFLRenegades
DC @XFLDefenders
HOU @XFLRoughnecks
ORL @XFLGuardians
SA @XFLBrahmas
SEA @XFLSeaDragons
STL @XFLBattlehawks
VEG @XFLVipers

1 Like