The West in Week 5

Well I was 3-1 last week. That pesky Joseph ruined it for me.

I'm going to take a mulligan and say this week it will be a west sweep.

Discuss again.

Make me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I picked a West sweep, too...the way the western teams are playing lately, it's tough to pick against them, imo.

I'm going to stick my neck out and pick Hamilton over Edmonton. They actually beat the Eskies in the last game of last season (in a meaningless game of course), and since Lumsden will be back, the Tabbies will ride roughshod over the Eskie defense. The green and gold will no doubt score lots of points, but so will the Hamilton ground attack. It'll be close.

I feel you. Damn Joseph messing up my perfect week.

At first I picked a western sweep for this week too. However, with a healthy Lumsden and at home, I like the Ticats to win. Especially since Edmonton has been on the road all week and I don’t know how they’ll perform after a heartbreaking loss, and more importantly a devastating injury to Freddy Perry.

Anyways, the West has shown to be stronger then the east up to now. I don’t see it stopping either. Lastly damn the riders. I just have to keep picking them even though I’d love for them to lose.

I was going to pick Hamilton because Lumsden was back, but then I remembered that they 'aren't a rushing team'. :lol:

I think the outcome of the game at IWS depends on the Hamilton defence. Cats have a great ground attack and can exploit our weak run defense, but you need to be able to connect with your recievers in the endzone, one thing Printers has yet to do. BUT if their defense doesn't get to our QB, Ray runs a clinic all evening and piles up points chucking TDs to Tucker, Peterson, Campbell, Stamps, et al. Lumsden and Smith would then have to rush for 4 or 5 TDs in that situation at the least.

Hamilton has a good shot at beating the Eskimos. With Perry out and Lumsden back should be interesting.
Winnipeg has a chance to beat the Stamps they are a wounded bear and are unpredictable. The first quarter should tell us everything where this one will go. The bombers are a desperate team that might be the problem for them. BC is tough to beat at home but AC if hot can pull it off. Argos should win with Crandell in the game. This is the game that will change the Riders season. Joseph will play his best game sunday.

West is the Best, I always say! :lol: :lol:

Poor ro1313, that Western Crossover has got to be eating at him right now! :wink:

Now, if I could get my final wish! A Calgary Edmonton Grey Cup. :thup: :thup: :thup:

That would be great would it not.

mtl
ham
sask
peg

Ok, Ok it goes against what has been happening, but its what I see happening.

Yes Ray is a good QB, but I still do not think the team is that great. They still seem to think they have won a game just because they have a lead in the 4th quarter.

In some ways I wish the Stamps will have a good game this week so that Frank will show up next week, but I think Frank will actually be around this week.

I think Mtl has a good team and can beat BC whom just do noot seem to be gelling as a team this year.

Cates will run over the argo's D.

Who is Frank? You dreaming again or is Frank another player on the Rider IR list we do not know about LOL.

I'm all for Frank showing up next week...

Not at all!
I just pick western teams to win in Dave's VGCC and they are and they are all DOOMED!

Ro if that is the case keep cheering for jm02's team will you.

People aren't giving my Als much of a chance, but considering that we took the only unbeaten team to the limit last week, I think we are more likely to pull off a win over the Lions than people think.

Also Discipline, your Coach has tried something different. They stayed In Regina this week. No three hour time difference.

I haven't been overly impressed with our Offense. A Montreal win is a definate possibility.

Possible but not probable. :smiley:

Hey, I never said my Als would beat the Lions, or even that I thought they were likely to do so. :slight_smile:

I just said that I thought the Alouettes are more likely than people think to pull off a win this week. I don't think the disparity between the two clubs is as wide as in years past, and the Lions IMO are not nearly as menacing without Dickinson at the controls. God, I hated that talented little man.

I think montréal could do it. Win the turnover battle and they will win the game.

Montreal's been overdue for a win in BC for a long time now, almost 10 years.

I hope the Lions pull it out on Friday, not just for themselves but cause it's my birthday tomorrow :smiley: