The way too early power rankings are in

TORONTO — The final step in wrapping up what’s already been a too-long winter in Canada is deciding to will the warmer seasons into existence.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/03/30/the-way-too-early-power-rankings-are-in/

What weed are these guys smoking?

Calgary is not 6th. Edmonton is not 9th.

Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Sask
Toronto
BC
Ottawa
Montreal

Well you might be right BUT Calgary is certainly not 1rst and there's no way that Edmonton is 2nd . :crazy_face:

As for what they're smoking ? :sweat_smile: I have to ask , exactly what are you smoking ? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Not surprised by the rankings. Oddsmakers every year pretty much follow the standings of the previous year, despite most teams being virtually turned over. I like Carlos' rankings better😃 to be honest. Just for fun, because there's lots of change to come yet before the season hits, here you go - have at it.

Calgary, Hamilton, Sask, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Mtl, Ottawa, BC.

But, hey, not surprised by the way too early rankings.

What weed are these guys smoking?

Calgary is not 6th. Edmonton is not 9th.

Calgary
Edmonton

Sorry, but that's just plain out funny :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Wpg
Tor
Sask
Ham
Mtl
Edm
BC
Cgy
Otw

It was a toss up between Cgy and Otw in the basement. The only factor that didnt make Calgary the 9th team was the stadium they play in. That dump somehow forces east teams to do dumb things

1 Like

Chicago Gansta's

Regina Roughriders

Hamilton sabertooth tiger's

Halifax Easterners

BC lion kings

Winnipeg Hibernater's

Toronto Boaty McBoaty

Edmonton heffumps

Montreal Poutine Kings

Seattle Seamen's

Ottawa Otta wins

Calgary 3legged horse

St Louis Armstrong's

…what’s a ‘Bombet’?

I think it's kinda like a Stampedet .

Doesn’t exist…

Are you sure ?

I've got some in my backyard. Been trying to get rid of them for years. Sneaky little things.

1 Like

…I have to remind myself yearly to stay away from power rankings where everyone claims to be an expert and no one is even close….consider myself reminded…

2 Likes

Hmmmm......okay how about an Elket then ? or if not then perhaps maybe a Roughridet ?

I don't like rankings before the season, but I don't think the rankings are that far out.

Mine would be very similar... 2 to 5 can be anyone's, they are too close to make a firm placement, and 7th and 8th are interchangeable.
This would be mine:

Mine:
1 - Win.
2 - Tor.
3 - Sask.
4 - Ham.
5 - Mont.
6 - Cal.
7 - B.C.
8 - Ott.
9 - Ed.

CFL - Last Year:
1 - Win.
2 - Sask.
3 - Tor.
4 - Cal.
5 - Mont.
6 - Ham.
7 - B.C.
8 - Ed.
9 - Ott.

CFL - This Year:
1 - Win.
2 - Ham.
3 - Tor.
4 - Sask.
5 - Mont.
6 - Cal.
7 - Ott.
8 - B.C.
9 - Ed.

I've learned to not obsess over predictions like this. Last August I was concerned about how well the Blue Bombers would do. Just goes to show that anybody can make predictions, what these are worth will only be known in November, so why get so worked up about them now?

WAY too early for a a power ranking

not to mention the cfl playoff format is in no way shape or form designed to give a true representation of anything resembling a power ranking that is accurate...yet is the main driving factor for ranking teams at the end and beginning of our season...how can Cowtown be any where near the bottom of this ranking...tied for second... or third at worse if the people doing the ranking had a migraine

1 Like

Your August fears came close to fruition in Dec and will be a challenge again this year. Bomber advantage is over imo.