The Virtual Grey Cup Challenge VI

I’ve finally logged on to the new forum; I didn’t expect this.

Anyway, I guess the sixth Virtual Grey Cup Challenge will appear on this forum this season. Those of you who were on the Fan Huddle last season will remember it, I’m sure. For the others, here’s the jist of it.

Each week, everyone makes picks as to which team they think will win each game. Picks must be posted before kickoff time to be accepted for any game.

At the end of each week, I’ll post the standings, based on who has made the most correct picks over the course of the season.

At the end of the season, the top eight participants qualify for the playoffs. The new playoff format is more complex than it was last year, so I’ll explain it in a later post. As of right now, all you need to know is that you want to finish in the top 8.

The winner of the Virtual Grey Cup Challenge will receive the undying admiration of all of his/her peers. All participants will receive the warm fuzzy feeling they get from taking part in such a contest.

It may sound a bit lame right now, but last year 95 people took part. I hope we can get the same kind of response this year.

count me in as a first timer.

I recommend to everyone to get in on Day 1, because hoping in the challenge mid-through makes it impossible to win.

Thank you Big Dave for investing this much time again in “the top huddle’s game”.

Hey dave I might have to post weeks 1-7 ish early. It will put me at a disadvantage, but I still think I will do alright. I’m in the bush and only get to see civilization about once or twice every 9 days. BUt i will be back on before the start to give my picks.

I’ll do my best. IN

I,ve never been any good at picking outcomes no matter what league, but if I do this it will make you all look that much better :lol: I’m in!

The Dogg is in.

ill be in, but im startin one of my own.

No problem. The spreadsheet’s all ready, so if you want to make early picks go right ahead. If you want to send them this early, it might be a good idea to send them in a message directly to me, to be sure I see it.

Foolish person…I will CRUSH your puny little upstart pool. :twisted:
Just kidding. The VGCC has been around for a while, though, so I hope you have no designs on replacing it.

this is a pool on who will win right? i was doing one with player stats…like the one on FSN or Sporting News, except better.

Oh, okay. That’s different. We should have no problem coexisting comfortably. 8)

excellent

I want in.

I have set up a CFL Pick em Pool!

Check out this web site

http://www.cfl.150m.com

Eskimos3200 how can I get into your pool?

ill start a thread. first 20 people to say in get in, Im gonna pick 5 people to do a test run in the preseason, they can have in automatically, if it goes well i will alolow more people, and make changes based on the testers opinions.

I’LL HAVE A GO AT IT BIGDAVE…papa’z in. :shock:

any volunteers to be my testers?

Just to let people know, I won’t be doing a pre-season test run this year.

Don’t let the lack of a pre-season test lead you to believe that there is no Grey Cup Challenge.

There will be no limit to the number of people participating, though as Third_And_Ten says, get in early. The later you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

Hey Dave, Welcome Back To The Forum, I Was Getting Worried That You Would Have Problems Getting In Or Something (As I Didn’t See You On The Member List) Gald To See That Your Doing Your Pool Again As It’s The Best, And Most Exciting Football Pool On The Net. I Wish You Better Luck This Year (Just Don’t Pick Hamilton And You’ll Be Fine :lol: ) And Best Of Luck To Everyone Else, Hopfully This Year Someone Will Beat Me :wink:

like our capital letters do we?