The video of Jimenez all star performance you be the judge!

Well when several ex and existing players view the tape they all say it was a dirty hit. I would trust their judgement. And apparently there may be a few frames missing from that video thanks to dirt bag wally not releasing it right away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who cares what they say? They too didn’t see anymore than the arbitrator did, and he ruled for JJ. So, considering that he is trained to catch dissemination, and after hearing/seeing ALL the evidence, he finds for JJ, that tells me that what negative things others have said is plainly wrong. You don’t think the arbitrator listened to the ref involved, or anyone else that was called by Gargulio or the league? Yet he still found for JJ.

Nope, I think your “opinions” are just that…and like most opinions, are wrong.

…so is your opinion wrong then too?..

Well in the case the arbitrater’s opinion is the one that is wrong. Just like the the one in Gass’ case!

Did I say bring in the fans to testify? NO. All I said was they will tell you it was a dirty hit.

As for a wrong opinion, seems that hwgill’s opinion is right and everyone else’s is wrong? Sounds like someone else I know.

Sporty was in the stands when it happened and he says it was a dirty hit. Oh, and he’s a Lions fan, so I guess he wouldn’t be biased…

I’ll take the word of former football players over some judge any day of the week. What exactly is this judge’s background? What does he know about football? Something tells me not much…

I think Red did an excellent job of pointing out just how ridiculous this statement is.

Just because Sporty says it was dirty does not make it so. I like Sport and many other CFL fans on this forum but that is all that we are, fans. We aren't arbritrators, and we certainly are far-less informed about all the facts of this event than those who ruled on it.

Yes, some fans saw it and thought it was dirty. I reckon that I was closer than most of the 30,000+ fans in BC Place at that point. I was sitting in the 5th row of the lower bowl right by the incident. I saw it with my very own eyes. Does that mean it was dirty? No. Does that mean it was clean? No. Not everyone can be pleased, there's always a winner and a loser. Unfortunately for Mr. Anthony G, he lost his case. Someone's gotta lose.

Moving on...

I never said Sporty saying it was dirty made it so. I just pointed out that people like Sporty could hardly be accused of being biased.

But if you truly want to move on (and I'm assuming you do since you end every post with that line), then don't respond and let this topic die.

Well I guess testimony from pro football players is nothing as well. I mean sporty's word is as good as gold to me. After all he cheers for the Lions and yet he is fair in his assessment. Also the fact many ex players and players viewed the incident and right away commented that is was a dirty play. Him who to believe.

Yet another testimonial from another player in the CFL.

Doug Brown: Arbitrator Blew It

From the Winnipeg Free Press free online version:

When pitted against the NFL in terms of marketing, financials or professionalism, the CFL does not always come out on top in the court of public opinion. But when it comes to the strength of our respective player associations in reference to our dispute-resolution provisions, the CFLPA has something the NFL players' union would absolutely kill for: the right to appeal grievances between itself, the league, and the member clubs by submitting them to an independent arbitrator.

Historically, this process has been quite favourable to the CFLPA, but when looking at the decision made by the independent arbitrator in the instance of the CFL vs. Jason Jimenez -- whereby Jason was initially suspended for a game by the league for a controversial block that was recently overturned -- I'm starting to wonder whether this is the ideal process now that it has left the victim, Anthony Garguilo of the Calgary Stampeders, less than satisfied with the outcome of the decision.

For the most part, the arbitration system appears to be a very fair and reasonable way to resolve disputes between labour and management and the member clubs in the CFL. All parties have a right to make their argument, support it with evidence and witnesses and have judgment passed on their dispute by an impartial authority. But in order to be an 'independent arbitrator' the legislation specifically forbids this party from having any association with the CFL, the CFLPA or the member clubs, which is fine and dandy except for those disputes that may require more seasoned or experienced football intuition in rendering a decision.

When looking at the overturning of the Jason Jimenez suspension, a story by Lowell Ullrich in the VancouverProvince reported that the arbitrator in this case premised his ruling to overturn on the sworn testimony of Jason, which remained consistent throughout the entire procedure.

"Under persistent cross-examination by counsel for the league, the player never wavered in the consistency of his version of the incident, namely that his leg buckled and that he stumbled and fell without any intent to block or otherwise come into contact with Mr. Garguilo." Jason testified that because of a car accident earlier that day and the medication he subsequently took, he did not have his wits about him, and during the play in question, fell unintentionally into the back of the leg of Anthony.

To an arbitrator without any ties or background in professional football, that would seem like the most plausible explanation for the incident occurring, especially when given under oath and in the absence of conclusive video evidence. But to someone immersed in the game of professional football, such as myself and Anthony Garguilo, both of whom are defensive lineman who have spent years in the trenches opposing offensive linemen, I can say with absolute certainty I have never seen an offensive lineman accidentally fall into the back of the legs of someone who has already run by them. In fact, in most cases, if an offensive lineman is beaten by a defensive player who is running unimpeded towards the quarterback, diving from behind at his legs or ankles to clip them is often a last-ditch and very illegal attempt at completing their block and sparing their quarterback from a sack or hit.

This is a behaviour most any defensive lineman would recognize, many offensive linemen would admit to, and very much part of the football culture that an 'independent arbitrator' would have no idea about as he/she is by rule unfamiliar with the players and the league. I'm not saying Jason lied under oath in his hearing but it took the overturning of a decision in this case to make me wonder whether that neutrality wielded by the arbitrator can sometimes be a detriment to the process.

On the one hand, the system of arbitration prevents a league and member-club dictatorship and abuse of power over the players without checks and balances. But at the same time, ideally, shouldn't the commissioner of the league have the interests of every party at stake and the integrity of the game in mind when he makes these decisions and hands down such discipline? While it's always great to be as fair as possible when it comes to disciplinary matters in football, what happens when that process takes away from the rights of Anthony Garguilo -- who to this day maintains that he thought the action toward him was deliberate and intentional?

Yes BC Lion fans call it what you want. The arbitrator in this case was totally naive in making his ruling. The guy has never seen a football game and he rules on this pathetic. Anyone who figures Mr. Scum bag is innocent is not much different if you ask me (IMO). And the dirt bag coach that defends him well what can I say. He has to live with himself and I can tell you today I am proud he has nothing to do with the Stampeders. In fact it would be nice to remove him off any historical data with the Stamps by replacing his name with head coach. It would be fine with me. Right now Larry Kuharic is looking like a genius to me. And really he did give the one figure salute to all stamp fans and was such a wonderful coach. So you see BC fans you can have dirt bag wally.

So why weren’t you watching the ball?

Actually IMO because of the angle and peripheral vision those sitting farther away prob saw more of it than those who were closer to the field.

Go ahead! No-one is stoping you!

Based on what? The arbitrator had all the information and all the testimony from those involved. None of you guys were there, none of you heard all the testimony. You’re all basing your opinions on a dirty player (Gass) and an idiot like Friedman (whom many of you here have said in the past is a fool…suddenly Freidman is a credible source? :roll: ).

At least in Gass’ case, there was clear video evidence of the wrong doing. Secondly, it was well known that the particular arbitrator in that case was an EE season ticket holder (how much more biased can you get?) This arbitrator was a Calgary-based judge. If anything, he would have been biased in favour of the Stamps, not the Lions, so you can’t use bias as an excuse. So what do you do? You call the arbitrator down on competence…you guys are really pathetic. Decision doesn’t go the way you think it should, so you make up a million excuses why the decision was wrong instead of manning up that maybe, just maybe, you guys made the mistake.

And maybe you made the mistake we all know the arbitrator did. The only ones here who think it was a good decision are lions fans who are biased(understandably).

The fact remains that Jiminez is just as dirty as Gass and the lions have been warned in the past about such plays including leg whipping. Does this in its self mean he is guilty? NO but when you add the film and the the fact that the ref saw fit to throw a flag and throw him out of the game, plus the testimony of other players who were there, Plus the opinion of Ex-CFL players and some fans who also saw it and say he is guilty is more than enough to come to an honest conclusion that Jiminez is guilty!

Oh!
Don't forget Wally's refusal to release his video.
That in-itself speaks volumes......loud and clear!

Riiiiightttt...Everyone is right except the people who were actually involved...

:roll: :roll:

It seems that dirt bag wally should hand out white canes to the home games.

A year ago everyone here was saying Friedman's an idiot, now you take his word for something.

Gass knows dirty (admitted dirty), so he must be telling the truth now (no bias there). :roll:

A ref threw a flag and ejected JJ, that must mean the hit was intentional. :roll:

Wally's a dirt bag...right, but he'll instantly can a player if he gets in trouble with the law (TJ Acree, Josh Boden)...sounds like a real dirtbag to me... :roll:

:lol:

Yeah, you guys are all right, basing your verdict of guilt on absolutely NO EVIDENCE AT ALL. :lol:

on the otherhand hwgill, I am betting that if every lineman on every other team in the league said he was guilty and a dirty player, and if every ex lineman who ever played in the league said so, you JJ defenders would still defend him, right.

I bet even Jamie taras could say he was watching the whole thing and it looked like a dirty deliberate shot to him, and you would still deny it.

I bet you would be prasing him if he took your side.

Because Gass is a dirty player, he is automatically biased?

Yet there was no flag and no penalty when when DD was nailed yet BC fans still say that was a dirty hit? Double standard?

This has nothing to do with the “Law” It is an internal matter.
Ill ask again, why did Wally refuse to release the video, video that has still not been released. If this video proves it was an accident why is he holding it? Im sure its because it proves his guilt!

There is plenty of evidence. you just refuse to look at it honestly!

I noticed you did not mention with holding the video so it may be altered. Yup dirt bag is living up to his name. Yes Wally gets rid of certain image scum bags but dirty players it seems he condones their actions.
The fact that not only other lineman have stated this was and is a dirty play but ex cfler’s as well. Seems funny you have more knowledge then they do. What you play Madden football ha ha ha please most members of this site are much smarter then you think they are. The ref is nobody as well I suppose. Why should we have refs if their decisions mean nothing. You base your decision on a judge that has never followed football seems smart. NOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: