The Ticats are Broken

He’s not a rookie QB. This is year three for him. First start doesn’t mean rookie.

Semantics. The drop off from Harris was huge and their D had to win the game.

Ours would have given up 40 and fans would blame the QB

3 Likes

It’s not senantics. Football has a clear definition for what a rookie is.

HA, don’t fret. We would have complained anyways as the rookie QB passed for under 200 yards.

Patterson didn’t impress me, Sask defense played well.

1 Like

No, Sasks inexperienced QB did not single-handedly take the team onto his back and orchestrate a win on his own.

Instead he was competent enough to manage the game and not give it away. He also had a stellar supporting cast, especially on defence that rose to the occasion. Sask won as a team. Something the Cats haven’t pulled off in a long time.

6 Likes

Yeah well just keep going on with a losing team and Cup drought, its not like anyone at the top notices

It was advertised as his 1st CFL start, so I didn’t really bother to look up how many games he held an I-Pad on the sidelines. He also played a bit in the USFL but reading CFL defences is a whole different thing.

Technically not a raw rookie but with ZERO CFL game experience, he might as well have been one.

4 Likes

I say we just say that he is a player who has been around a few years but this was his first game with any significant playing time and leave it at that .

2 Likes

It’s always a team effort. You win or lose as a team.

Unless, you’re Tim White, of course. :roll_eyes:
I’ve been taught that, here, for going on three years.

4 Likes

Keep in mind last year soon as we lost to Edmonton, Tommy Condell got fired we payed BC the following week and won 30-13… This year 0-4, Paul Bordeau got fired and here we are again playing BC… does history repeat itself.

1 Like

I’m just waiting for the Arkells to release a song with this thread’s title…

3 Likes

Should be noted that HSG, voluntarily, decided to give Ed Hervey more power.

2 Likes

YIKES !!! This post most definitely did not age very well . :scream_cat:

I think it’s time to acknowledge Scott Mitchell as owner, he owns a share and is on the BOG, basically filling the role Young did for years. This is all his baby.

6 Likes

What’s here, year after year after year? Bob. And Scott Mitchell. 20 years of losing and worse. Getting to GC a few times and losing them all. BOB. He fancies himself The Caretaker but he’s nothing but a figurehead.

It’s all, really, been his baby since long before he became a part of the ownership group.

2 Likes

Ti-Cats are broken. We took a backup guard in a deep Oline class, first round. We should’ve taken Catin-Arkou to shore up the middle or weakside linebacker spot.

Owen Hubert, a McMaster boy taken in the 8th round is becoming a nice rotational DE for the Bomber’s. I do think Brubacher will become a good DE for us

#12 is not earning his paycheck

The Dline needs a bigger body at NT.

The secondary plays way too soft in their zone.

Special is a disaster, ouside of the kicker and punter.

2 Likes