The Sun grades CFL teams offseasons

Other than the harsh comments about not signing Armour I thought the review was fair of the Cats.

My issue with the Armour comment is this, if you don't know why he didn't re sign with the Cats, and it's clear he doesn't because he didn't have any quotes or do any interviews - then don't say we dropped the ball or blew it if you don't know what happened and why.

I thought the overly glowing review of the ____'s was typical of a Toronto based paper.

It was clear to me the grades and reviews were based on trades and FA signings and not grading the bevy of import wanna bees that are coming up to camp.

I don't read the sun, but, I'm not steamed by this article either.

There's one way and one way only to silence the critics....Just win. Plain and simple.

You cared enough to respond.

Maybe next time you can add something to continue the discussion instead of insulting someone. Regardless of what you think, your opinion is just that…an opinion.

That’s why when you take a side, you provide evidence to support your opinion. Evidence such as a published article in a legit newspaper stating the same concerns that I have about our team and our offseason moves. (Granted I didn’t post the article, but I agree with it.)

Anyways, for what it’s worth, I hope you’re right and I’m wrong because I can’t sit through another losing season…it’s killing me.

I agree with that…they might very well get it done and I hope they do. Maybe we can find another Zeke…maybe we can find the next star receiver…the thing that I don’t like about it is the “maybes”. One thing’s for sure, we have the right QB, a good set of RB’s and an improved O-line…it sounds like we have some good new additions in the secondary, but I’m worried about the D-line and our LB’s.

We have so many holes, I hope some of the maybes can fill them, but I’d say it’s more likely they don’t. (Not trying to be a pessimist, but a realist.)

(AMG)

I agree with that…they might very well get it done and I hope they do. Maybe we can find another Zeke…maybe we can find the next star receiver…the thing that I don’t like about it is the “maybes”. One thing’s for sure, we have the right QB, a good set of RB’s and an improved O-line…it sounds like we have some good new additions in the secondary, but I’m worried about the D-line and our LB’s.

We have so many holes, I hope some of the maybes can fill them, but I’d say it’s more likely they don’t. (Not trying to be a pessimist, but a realist.)

I agree with your take on the situation, AMG.

AS you state, you would rather be a realist as opposed to a pessimist. So would I, and like you, I am hoping that our team WILL rise to the occasion, this season.

We’ve suffered long enough.

Go Cats, Go!

quote/barneyfife
TO and the 'Peg are locks

In the world of sports nothing is ever a lock

I don't know why people would get upset about anything written in the Sun.I find it amusing to see the words journalism and Toronto Sun in the same context.This is the same paper under Paul Godfrey that believed that if it isn't the NFL,it isn't real football.This is the paper that thought Mike Harris was a great premier and the Leafs were only one player away from winning the Stanley Cup.
People,don't get your shorts in a knot over a tabloid that gives free crayons with every subscription.Lastly,when was the last time anybody in Toronto knew what was going on in the rest of the country? Barney Fife excluded, of course.
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

They’ve made a couple mistakes, but they may be able to recover from the Armstead mishap with receivers they brought it. They cannot replace Armour. Linebackers are weaker this year.

However, What does Pat Woodcock have to do with anything? The Canadian receivers that will play most are Bauman and French. If woodcock goes down, oh well. Even if he plays or starts, he’s not irreplaceable.

If Lumsden goes down, Caulley steps in and tears it up. He’s not Canadian, no, but they know that already. He is the backup tailback and the fact that you’re replacing a Canadian with an American is already figured in to the plans.

This article was terrible. It didn’t take an indepth look at anything the Cats did. The receiving corps will be stronger than last year. The secondary should be much improved. The kick/punt return game should be much improved. The rebuilding started last year by signing Printers, who with a training camp under his belt (so he can actually learn the plays) and an improved receiving corps, the offense should be exciting. The running back position was also solidified last year by bringing in Caulley. He’s already proven his metal when Jesse went down. Nobody can touch the Cats running game. NOBODY.

I think they had a very good offseason, minus the couple things that I think are mistakes. Time will tell.