The Strike is coming May 15th

FYI

5 Likes

Cfl didnt help james wilder with his football camp cflpa did . It's the individual teams themselves who partner with organizations to do charity events and help assist youth football teams plus promote literacy and anti bullying programs actually.

4 Likes

After losing 2020, neither side can afford a stoppage. Even losing training camp or part of it is an issue. The reduced training camps last year negatively affected the on field product.

1 Like

(3) Farhan Lalji on Twitter: "The latest communication from @CFLPA to its members 5 min ago. Sounds promising. @CFLonTSN @TSN_Sports @SportsCentre https://t.co/4f0bRY1hJq" / Twitter

3 Likes

(3) Farhan Lalji on Twitter: "The latest memo from @CFLPA to @CFL. I’ve heard from a few sources that the two sides are getting closer to a deal but a MOU has not been signed yet. As players begin physicals with their teams, bargaining continues & additional updates expected later today. @CFLonTSN https://t.co/7qAwrGzfqV" / Twitter

3 Likes

No contract/No work...

1 Like

I cant believe the owners are letting Ambrosie do this.

2 Likes

I'm a newcomer to 12 down football and as yet have not paid much attention to the politics. Are the owners LETTING Ambrosie do this, or are they ORDERING him to do this?

I'm a new comer as well... haven't heard of it :crazy_face:

12 downs...... Ambrosia was correct when he said he wants to increase scoring.....
Final score Saskatchewan 254 vs Montreal 233 in overtime

2 Likes

The post above yours was meant as sarcasm. You will find a lot of that here in the Ticats forum - unless you’re a regular in here, much of it will probably sail past. The owners clearly run the boat in this league. Ambrosie is the public face/ spokesperson for ownership. He’s not even really involved much in negotiations from what has been said for this latest bargaining. Mostly Wpg and Hamilton team presidents from the league side.

5 Likes

will we have one so what now .

I suspected as much. It would be interesting to ask him privately what he would think of the latest offer if he were still a player.

What are you talking about... The owners tell him what to do ... He had no autonomy aside from being the owners puppet

2 Likes

Obviously you don't understand Dr.Snuggles vocabulary.
I will try to translate for you
"I can't believe the owners are letting Ambrosie do this"
translation
I believe the owners are doing this, not Ambrosie

3 Likes

Good question. He would probably wonder what’s in it for me, just like any player would. I don’t think the sides are that far apart - considering some of Farhan Lalji’s comments that the players would want the agreement length cut back to five years if the league sticks to its guns on certain points like padded practices, and how revenue sharing would work etc. Five years is still a dream deal for the league with vague promises as to how any new revenues like gambling would be split. Minimum salaries barely going up in relation to inflation.

Had they stayed at the bargaining table and agreed to come off their line in the sand they probably could have had an agreement in a day or two and kept practicing during camps. We’ll see if or how long the league is willing to house and feed players- and if the PA would be willing to lose scheduled games/paycheques by dragging this out. Agree with some other posters that the league is trying to circumvent the union and put chinks in player solidarity by publishing the terms of their offer. And it may very well work on some of the membership.

1 Like

I recently read elsewhere that the league's new offer entailed a seven-year deal with two adjustments to the salary cap, plus other details I don't remember. Here's hoping ....

Actually its a satire of fans, league wide, who think Randy cooked all this up on his own including driving league into the ground to force an XFL merger.

3 Likes

Well in my defense, I am not a ticat fan and not versed in the inner workings of the fan base ... But he does sound similar to how I thunk it to be... In fact he might be my long lost twin. Does he have half an amulet?