THE STATE OF OUR TICATS

Yes !!

Agreed I met Mr Ballard a Few Times Very nice man who expect hard work for Dollars you made.
I got to know King Clancy as well both Men where wonderful People

I've said it once and I'll say it again - the city of Hamilton doesn't deserve to have a team in the CFL. Not the fans or that, saying the city that runs this city down at city hall. :thdn:

8) Well golly gee Earl, I agree with you 100% !!!
 Those morons at City Hall don't deserve to have anything, at all !!!

This week we go to Sask. for a tough game on the prarie but after that one we have back to back games against the Bombers,then back to back games against the arblows. The state of our beloved Tabbies will be dictated after those games. We have a chance to get on a serious win streak and all will be good in tigertown again!!

GO CATS!!

I was just trying to lighten things up with my Ballard joke :wink:

Well, he sure is singing a different tune now.

lumsden28 wrote:

"Difference is we are most likely going through a cold spell and we should snap out of it soon. I find it funny how the fans lose hope after we got beat by the Als in their home turf. (It's almost impossible to win there)."

lumsden: Your optimism is good to see but we are what our record is. The same applies halfway through the season..... and at the end of it.
Cold spells, Al's on their home turf, bad refereeing....excuses like this don't count.
We are no better than we were last year....and given the play so far this season from the blue team and Winnipeg we are in for a tough time trying to overcome our present 1-3 record.

Bring back Nick Setta
Get an O-Line that can give the QB more that 1 second to throw
Bring back Nick Setta
Get an O-Cord with some imagination
Bring back Nick Setta
Get some def-backs that actually challenge for the ball, we watch the other team catch then tackle
Bring back Nick Setta
Get an experienced Head Coach
Bring back Nick Setta
Get a Punter
Bring back Nick Setta

Hey, Rambro! Can I buy the copyrights to that? That's pretty good poetry!

8) And see what you started now !!! :wink: :lol:

I heard it mentioned on a radio show this week that perhaps the Head Coach is too much of a nice guy and far too loyal to poor performers......and takes way too long to pull them and when they do, it's too late..

....seems that is an epidemic in Hamilton if I recall

None of these will happen
1st Setta don’t want to come back that bridge is burned.
2 The Pass blocking was fine
3 See one
4 The CB are fine it Half backs and Saftey and that being look at ,
5 See 3
6 The kid will get better
7 See 3 or 1

What makes you say the “bridge is burned”? How do you know what Setta does or doesn’t want to do? I’m not trying to sound like an a-hole, I just want to know how you can be so sure that it allows you make a very definitive statement like that.

To answer the question of why do we keep doing the things we do??

The culture of losing that has permeated this team for a very long time is the answer…

Why do certain sports teams lose seemingly continuously?

Because they have the mentality of a loser…

They make decisions like losers…

They have lowered expectations like losers…

Winners find ways to win and losers make excuses and find ways to lose…

It’s really that simple…How else does anyone explain this teams win/loss record since 1972?

Look what's happening in Edmonton over the dismal record of the Esks:

<!-- m -->[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/jobs-on-line-in-edmonton/article1652546/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le1652546/[/url]<!-- m -->

Personally, I'm stunned at this 1&3 start. Although there were still some question marks coming out of training camp, this year's team was supposed to be a contender. At this rate the only thing we'll be contending for is the top CIS draft pick. All four games were very winable and yet the TiCats found ways to lose (in three of them). Unless Obie has some stud import FA about to be signed I don't know what the solution is other than a coaching change. The only problem with that is what CFL ready coach is sitting around right now looking for a gig?

The list is pretty short, and the less said about Bart Andrus and Mike Kelly the better.

If (and that’s a mighty big if at this point I’d suggest), Obie did tie the can to Marcel, I expect Greg Marshall would then take over.

madjack: We keep hearing about the need to become a stable team so I would suspect the chances of Marcel being canned are slim. I think Obie was hired to bring some stability to the team so it would not look good if his first coaching appointment ended this way.
On the other hand Obie can be pretty ruthless with players when he has to be.
So at what point as a GM do you trade stability for performance?

Totally agree mr62cats. . . on all points.

It's Obie's call to make, and I'm glad he has to answer your last question and not I.

Personally, I wouldn't be looking to fire MB at this point. I think that to date he has been a better head coach than he ever was an offensive coordinator.

But a new offensive coordinator might not be a bad idea. . . just that bringing in someone new to that post at this point in the season rarely works (see Edmonton last season).