THE STATE OF OUR TICATS

Why do they continually start Beveridge instead of Barker? Beveridge was known to be slower but somewhat smarter than Barker due to experience. From watching the first 4 games, he has now lost not only a step but he isnt playing smart at all. Way out of position is an understatement, and when offences game plan to set receivers one on one versus Beveridge (like Montreal did right away last night), he just cant make that play due to lack of speed. If we dont play Barker as a starter soon, we can say good bye to him and say hello to Barker the Saskatchewan Rider one day. Lets wake up.

Why do we have to 'hope' that Palardy improves over time, while we pay for field position in the present? Why do we have to 'settle' when their are obviously better alternatives out there, imort or non-import. Even Westwood is a short term major improvement, and i am not even suggesting that he is 'the guy'. Medlock would be awesome to do both punting and place kicking. He has a stronger place kicking leg and he can punt too. Will he come here? Maybe not, but we have to take this serious or 1-3 becomes 1-8 soon.

Why do we always shrug things off as 'oh its only one game" whenever we are in a rut? These games add up and then become too late to catch up. We have to have a sense of urgency or else this will be another long season.

Why is there no imagination on offence? Why was Gibson given the OC job when he is technically an offensive line coach? Why was Burrato given the Offensive Line Coach position when he is better known as an Offensive Co-ordinator?

Why are we not creative on 3rd and short? Everyone knew last night that Cobb was getting the ball and you dont have to be a coach to figure that out. It is just so frustrating when we keep on making bone head plays and bone head decisions that affect the success of the team. I am sure players talk to other players and players talk to themselves about the lackadaisical attitude of our team. Their just doent seem to be any rush to be proactive, instead we remain reactive, which 9 times out of 10 means we end up on the wrong side of the spectrum.

Why are we not more aggressive on defence, with blitzing as a major component of our system? When we blitz we rattle qb's and that was evident last night. When we just send four, we get pressure but we dont rattle anyone.

Why do we not continue to bring in players to improve? No matter how many players we brought to camp, we still ended up with Heyward as the lone rookie starter, and that is because of an injury. Otherwise it is the same lineup. Does that mean that our starting 24 are all stars, or does that mean that the rookie signings were not good enough? I dont think that there is definitely no means of improving on our starting 24. If that is the feeling, we are in trouble.

Having said that, if we have the right 24, do we have the right systems in place? Is this the best we can do? Is their no room for improvement? Are we to ride this out without a sense of urgency?

Just a lot of frustrating things happening, and they have been happening for a while. Last night i was talking to a friend at halftime and i said 'we missed so many opportunities to score big in the first half, but we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot' especially against Montreal. I said 'i am afraid that the majority of our chances were in that first half when we had some semblance of an offence clicking, and that we would find a way to give the game up in various ways' (fumbles, interceptions, turnover on downs, penalties, lack of offence etc), and all that happened in the second half.

The bottom line is we are too predictable as a team; we have no sense of urgency; we dont play every game as a playoff game with full intensity; we are happy with the status quo; and we just never seem to create an identity like those of the Alouettes and Riders, teams which know that winning means everything.

8) I know our team is playing poorly to see you posting again vinny !!!
  How are you anyway ??

Hey, as far as the TiCats are concerned,  some things just never change, do they !!!     <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->
  1. Why does the team look so docile on the field? It's like they just got up after an all night party.
  2. What's with Bruce? He sits there like a bump on a log.
  3. How is it that we can't complete passes against Montreal who has given up a lot of passing yards this year? Do you think they might know what were doing ahead of time?
  4. Why is this kid still punting for us? If we're in a rebuilding year then OK. Otherwise, why is this kid still punting for us?
  5. Why don't we try a field goal kick if its over 41 yards? Are we afraid of the run back? So the solution would be?
  6. Why can't our O-line move the other guys one yard? Are they bigger and tougher that us?
  7. On the same theme...why can't the O-line open any holes for Cobb? When you watch the replays can you see anywhere were he can run?
  8. Hear James got canned. Why do they anways get rid of the employees before managment?
    I could go on but the kid wants to play some computer game. Anyway anybody else got any other questions?

First, as far as the stadium goes, I don't care where it goes. I will still support the team regardless; provided they are competitive.

Where do i begin?? Why do some people seem to have the train of thought not to panic? Does the product on the field give us a reason to believe that we shouldn't panic? This team has taken a step backwards. Matter a fact, strides backwards. I am hoping they can prove me wrong, but it doesn't seem that way. We are starring at a possible 1-8 record after labor day. I am hoping that most likely that will not happen, and we go 4-4 heading into the labor day. Forgive me for being pessimistic, but we haven't really played a great game this season minus the one victory. The Argos are 3-1, maybe ugly wins but they are wins. I am freaking sick of inept coaching decisions. We go for it on 3rd down in the Calgary game, when a chip shot field goal could have given us the lead, possible victory, could have changed the outcome of the game with the remaining time left. Real bad coaching calls this year, evidence speaks for itself. Questionable secondary. Why is Sandy Beveridge on the field? Why is there already a QB controversy? Does Marcel think that Porter is more ready then Glenn to lead the team? Porter does not seem sure of himself when it comes to passing the ball. Glenn had one bad game on Thursday, but has only thrown like 1 pick all season and hasn't been bad. Marcel is saying that everyone is under evaluation? Does he honestly think that Porter is going to lead the team to victory in Rider-ville if he decides Porter should start? Does it ever occur to the front office that the offensive schemes are pop-warner? The Buffalo Bills of the CFL. MIKE GIBSON HAS GOT TO GO, he is a proven looser. Lets go for it at mid-field on 3rd&2 and run the ball up the gut with Cobb when he's averaging like 1yrd per carry. Oh, and then get stuffed. Great Call Gibson! After our last 9 win season, we went 5-13. I know two totally different teams. Since the year 2000 we are 62-121-1. That is hot garbage. It is a culture of loosing. Any team in this league can beat us this year. Yes even the Esks. Why should I continue taking money from my pocket and putting into the organization's pocket if I am not getting what I pay for? The eastern conference is looking good this year, Montreal is Montreal, The Argos stepped it up, The Bombers are at level, and we are in the cellar, aging with the wine. THIS ORGANIZATION HAS TO STEP UP AND GIVE BACK TO THE FANS, THE LOYAL SUPPORTERS, AND CREATE A CULTURE OF WINNING. I have seen nothing to make me think differently, the whole team is suspect and shaky and if they don't pull out a victory in rider-ville, it's time for changes, tweaks, whatever it takes.

1. Why does the team look so docile on the field? It's like they just got up after an all night party.
    No clue, I found it pathetic, seems like they didn't even want to play for us excusing the D of course
  2. What's with Bruce? He sits there like a bump on a log.
    Team's have been sticking their best DB and their FS on him every game this year.He just cannot seem to get loose when Glenn needs him.Mann was brought in to take the pressure off but he's doing nothing either.So far it's all Stala and McDaniel.
  3. How is it that we can't complete passes against Montreal who has given up a lot of passing yards this year? Do you think they might know what were doing ahead of time?
    They probably watched our game film heavily and Gibson likely didn't change a damn thing from the offensive side.
  4. Why is this kid still punting for us? If we're in a rebuilding year then OK. Otherwise, why is this kid still punting for us?
    Because he's Canadian and Obie can't find somebody else without upsetting the ratio.Otherwise i'd love to have Medlock.
  5. Why don't we try a field goal kick if its over 41 yards? Are we afraid of the run back? So the solution would be?
    Sandro is having a slump, yes we're afraid of the run back, see the Calgary @ Hamilton game, the solution would be to pray Sandro get's it together.
  6. Why can't our O-line move the other guys one yard? Are they bigger and tougher that us?
    Because our OL coach is doing a very poor job.I noticed last year when Gibson was handling that, we had arguably one of our best OL's ever.They made amazing blocks, made huge running lanes and gave lot's of pass protection.
  7. On the same theme...why can't the O-line open any holes for Cobb? When you watch the replays can you see anywhere were he can run?
    There are holes for him to run, unfortunately he takes so long that the defender finds the hole and clogs it up and drags Cobb down behind the line.He needs to stop dancing and run straight through the hole full speed.
  8. Hear James got canned. Why do they anways get rid of the employees before managment?
    This is a good move, regardless of when it came.James was absolutely pathetic in his time here and had maybe 3 good games out of the 20+ he played.Unacceptable, we cannot continue to have this butterfingers kill drives.Fast, but cannot catch to save his live.

I've wondered the same things about this organization. Nothing changes. Other teams seem to improve with changes but not the Ticats. They change coaches but it's the same schemes and awful game planning. They change players and it's the same poor execution. We bring in a GM who can ressurect BC but is a FAIL here in Hamilton. Seems like nobody is really thinking about football here. They're just happy to working with Bob who in my opinion doesn't know enough about football to interfere. We try continuity, we try changing faces, we get a new owner, new everything but one constant I'm resigned to here is losing. Has O'Billovich taken leave of his senses with some of his acquisitions? Justin Palardy? Respectfully, one can rightfully wonder if Obie's hitting the bottle. We have a lifetime flop in the CFL as and Offensive Coordinator. The fans are begging for change in this area but it falls on deaf ears. But they send you promotions in your email to buy tickets. That's as far as as it goes with the relationship with the fans they try to foster. It goes no further than the ticket booth. They give you a message board but who's listening? So in my opinion, the trouble with the Tiger Cats has always been and is the the slayer of mighty Empires all through history: Pride and Arrogance. That other teams can make so much progress and we just keep spinning our wheels with the same things that don't work. The impression I get is that theorganization is not in the business of winning. Not seriously. Action speaks louder than words. Show me some evidence that they are? They're in the business of selling hope. As long as you can sell hope you'll stay in business in sports. I'm tired of hoping and getting my heart ripped out for my investment time and time again. I deserve better by people in charge who should know better of what they're doing. I've suffered too long and believed too long but at some point belief has to intersect with reality and sadly they haven't hooked up here in over a decade.

Ballard was into witchcraft and he cursed the Ticats and Leafs

He never owned the Buffalo Bills. :smiley:

Ballard has done something Bob Young has Never done Gone to 4 Grey Cups and won one.

So don't Knock Ballard..
IMO He still was Best Owner the Ticats Ever had ..
That may change If we win a Grey Cup and Have New Stadium soon Under Bob Young

But Pal Hal has my Vote till then..

Harold Ballard R.I.P

Patience. Our talent on the team now overpowers the past team we had.

Owner's in my opinon do not take the team to the Grey Cup. GM, Coach's and Players do!
The Cats will make the playoffs!

They Pay the Bills my Friend
Without their money there no GM to hire to Coach to hire the players and Other coaches
That get you a grey cup.

Welcome back vinny missed ya ..

You always make some great Points.

Is this the same Vinny that used to scout for them?

The owners might pay the Team, but its the Team that wins the Games Onknight! Ive noticed some people have really become negative with our team recently! Its a shame when I read some of these posts titles! I have all the faith in the Cats! People are all ready saying they will not win aganist the Riders, but I say they do, and you can all jump on the Bandwagon again, saying how great the teams is, when these same people started threds like theses and others! Sure they have bad games and good games, but for peak sake give them a break, its still July Folks, last time i check there are still 14 more games!
Just like last week when everyone was saying how good Glenn played, and now there saying the same thing as last year about Quinton last year, and those same people that said take Porter out and but Glenn in, are saying the opposite this year!
You all should try out for the Head coaching job then, or better yet buy the Team of Bob and see how you all can do!
TIGER-CATS I HAVE FAITH IN YOU AND ALWAYS WILL! :rockin:

And, that's what's soooooooooooooooo frustrating to everyone. There's been so much patience through the extra long period of years where the talent was lacking. Now they've the got it and have used it, so far, to hold down 7th place in the 8-team league!

8) Harold Ballard, the best owner the Cat's have ever had !!!
His Leafs sucked (and still do), but he was a great gentleman, and anyone that disagrees with that , never met the man.

I got to know  Harold quite well, and he was without a doubt, a real humanitarian, for sure !!~

Difference is we are most likely going through a cold spell and we should snap out of it soon. I find it funny how the fans lose hope after we got beat by the Als in their home turf. (It's almost impossible to win there).

I recall he also threaten to move the cats to Toronto! :thdn:

8) Well, you're obviously not old enough to remember the real facts, or the truth !!
 The great city of Hamilton tried to screw him around,just like they are doing to Bob, and Harold said, screw you !!!

If it wasn't for Harold Ballard, there wouldn't even be a TiCat team in Hamilton right now !!!

Get your facts right son, before you knock Pal Hal !!!