The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling!!!!!

Roving band of robbers are terrorizing businesses on Bay Street!

Hungry Children are begging for hand outs on Younge Street.

Plumes of noxious gasses are waffing their way between the Skyscrappers of Toronto.

Newspaper buildings are in ruins.

Media outlets are burning.

World War 3?

Nuclear distruction?

Nope the NFL is playing a Regular season game in Toronto.

Like the NFL zealots, and the Expansion zealots, there will be those that will be predicting doom and gloom for the CFL over this event.

Let me put you at ease. In the first two, maybe three years of this experiment, Sky Dome will probably sell out. I think interest will wane, and the novelty will wear off. Let me tell you why.

In my sons office. There were four guys that had season tickets for both the Lions and Sea Hawks. These four loved football. After three years of commuting to Seattle (2 1/2 hours by car) they came to a realization. The CFL has a more exciting product. The games in Seattle were better hyped, better covered by media. The best comment came from them one time was:

" You know, that was an awfully boring game, but sitting in the crowd, we were whipped into a lather, and it felt like every game was a Super Bowl!"

I’m not going to pull what little hair I have left out. The novelty will wear out over time!

News just in, news just in, NFL games in Toronto to relegate Leafs to 2nd class status of team in Toronto. Wow, never thought this would happen. lol

Have you guys decided what you’re going to do when the league folds yet?

We're going to play Madden 2020 in our Bomb shell bunker! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'm going to hang out with berezin and the both of us are going to keep smashing our heads agains't a brick wall and say why, why, why, why, why, why.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earl, dont you mean 3rd class citizens, behind the Bills and the Blue Jays?

True sambo. And you know with the Argos in the mix with the Bills playing the games in Toronto and Argos season tik holders getting first crack, well, maybe that puts the Argos as 1st class citizens along with the NFL/Bills? :wink:

The plan, widely reported in the fall, is now reality and will include eight games (five regular and three pre-season) at the Rogers Centre over the next five seasons.

It is believed that the Argos and Hamilton Tiger-Cats will be involved in the process, at least initially to help calm concerns that any NFL foray into southern Ontario will damage the CFL.

The most likely scenario will see the regular-season game taking place in December which will address two concerns. December games don't always sell out in Buffalo due to weather concerns and since the CFL season will be long finished, it won't conflict with sales efforts by the Argos and Ticats.

Would it not be a coup for these team is they give a discount to these games to ARgo and Tiger cat fans. Those that want NFL would have to get argo and tigercat tickets this give them first shot at the games.

Shouldn't that be 4th?
You forgot the Raptors.
Does lacrosse count?
How about Women's Sychronized Swimming?
Maybe the Leafs can move to Hamilton....

You guys are giving teh leafs alot of credit to say they have any class at all!!!

LMAO

-c