The "Skinny Canadian"

Time to face facts. Folks are tired of "2 and Out" football. The competition from the various other leagues has left the CFL moribund as presently constituted. Gone are the days of firewagon football with upwards of 60 points being put on the board. It's time to embrace 4-down football and have the NFL foot half the bill. Reduce the Canadian field size so that it's width is exactly one half of its length i.e. 55 x 110 (instead of 65 x 110), keep the 20 yard end zones, goalposts on the goal line, and hash marks 24 yards from the sidelines. Keep the rouge for any touchbacks resulting from any kind of kick. Otherwise, make it "NFL North" before it's too late.

1 Like

Who are these folks?

3 Likes

I really hope you are being sarcastic. Otherwise, your ideas just plain suck. 4 -downs has already been discussed and debated far too much. I, for one, do not want "NFL North"!

4 Likes

About how many yards across is your average Home Depot?

2 Likes

I'm an old bastard (and a lifetime CFL fan), but this isn't working. And it looks like the Millennials feel the same way, not that I give a rat's ass about their taste in anything, but they are the future season ticket holders after all. Let's strike a deal with the NFL, and get some big time draft choices showing their talent north of the border.

2 Likes

We are all "old bastards"
What's a millennial? :thinking:
No "big time NFL draft choices"will be coming to the CFL

2 Likes

Didn't the Als have one a few seasons back? Some 2-time Heisman winner, IIRC. Is that what the CFL needs more of?

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, but to have your first post so negative? Why?

The NFL's changes in the last decade to open up their game have been moves towards the cfl, simply packaged within the Nfl framework.

Nfl has the money that draws the *best players for their game. The Cfl has great players for the best version of football.

Time, to move past millenials. There are younger people and a whole immigrant population out there to promote to.

4 Likes

This crusty old cantankerous, curmudgeon simply says No.

1 Like

Sure. And while we are at it let’s just save time and become Americans. I for one can’t wait to embrace their shining examples of Trumpism, cultural divineness and gun culture...just to name a few. Let’s join up before it’s too late as you say

2 Likes

Ah, those folks…

What is the diff between a millennial, and a centennial?

Interesting your post doesn't mention anything about fighting for field position and how punting factors into this. Or maybe you just don't understand the aspect of strategy with field position and only think strategy works with 4 down football. I forgive you of your sin, your transgression, go forth my brethern and you are now saved. Your are redeemed and worthy of a rebirth of what strategy can mean within the realm of gridiron football. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it's around 34 cents when you factor in the exchange rate .

would that be US cents?

I believe it would be more like non sense . :grinning:

2 Likes

same thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup when you're talking about the US there is definitely a lack of common sense involved on a lot of things .

No.
What’s that saying?
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1 Like

I think that if you are pleasing everyone then you're obviously doing something wrong . :thinking: :grinning:

2 Likes