The Simpsons feature a "Field of Dreams" CFL spoof, and Doug Flute shows up LOL

Did anyone see the The Simpsons on Sunday night (Oct 9, 2022 - S34 / E3? - It's only a 35 sec clip and starts about the 8 min. mark)

It featured a short clip of a "Field of Dreams" CFL spoof, and Doug Flute shows up - LOL - and of course, Homer has to be his eloquent self, and tells Flute to "shut up" LOL.

4 Likes

well they got the field wrong. research research research

and homer is a dork

1 Like

Goal posts too far back?

Fun Fact

CFL roots

The Simpsons creator Matt Groening would actually qualify for National status in the CFL, as his father, after whom Homer is named, was born in Saskatchewan.

4 Likes

One of the pics shows the goal posts too far back, but the middle pic has it right

1 Like

End zone looks a little short in that picture.

Homer IS a dork. Right you are.

He's also listed at 5'11" in height on Wiki while Flutie is listed at 5' 10". They're ALMOST the same size. Funny how Groening depicts Flutie as a much smaller cartoon character here.

Flutie edited his Wiki page?

2 Likes

Yes, the endzones are out of wack and same with the goal posts, however if you watch the actual episode, Homer was actually trying to make an "Amercian sized field", but as usual, he always screws up everything - LOL, thus the "Canadian" field was eventually made instead.

1 Like

I have no desire to watch any Simpsons episode newer than about 1998.

2 Likes

I have no desire to watch any Simpsons episode newer than 1988

and yet the simpsons continue to write new episodes.

amazing really...

1 Like

Well if continuity is your forte, the cartoon people only have a thumb and 3 fingers

If you look at the side profile of Homer's head, you can see Matt Groening's initials drawn onto it.

"The Simpsons" have poked fun at the NFL too in the episode entitled "You Only Move Twice". where a Bond like villain Hank Scorpio(Elon Musk? LOL!) buys Homer the Denver Broncos at the end of the show

1 Like

must be from another planet

are simpsons republicans??

I don't think the republican party even exists anymore...do they ? Although I have to admit that dear old Homer is certainly stupid enough to be one . :grin:

4 Likes

I tell my students ā€œIā€™m so old, I remember when The Simpsons was funny.ā€

2 Likes

Hey!
I resemble that!!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with being a republican... However, that fascist leaning ultra right wing of that party is a scary thing

2 Likes