The rouge

I think we need to forget about scoring touchdowns and feild goals and start concentrating on getting rouges.

I don't know - it looks to me like we don't really have a commitment to the rouge. Think about that first one against the Argos - it was almost negated into a touchdown, hardly the mark of a team commited to the rouge.

Charlie

we must fit the rouge into the offensive gameplan and work hard to getting rouges on special teams, and possibly we can score 5 points at home per game by the rouge.

yeah! rouge them to death!

For those wondering what a rouge is ,
Oski oui oui wrote, quoting the CFL rule book;
SECTION 2: DEFINITIONS
Article 4: Single Point or Rouge
If the ball is kicked into the goal area by an opponent, a rouge is scored (1) when the ball becomes dead in possession of a team in its own goal area or (2) when the ball touches or crosses the deadline, or a side-line-in-goal, and touches the ground, a player, or some object beyond these lines.

Perhaps, we should take some plays out of our national rugby team's playbook. They trounced the U.S. and are World Cup bound!

The Cats can just start side-passing it, and play rugby-style football...hey, it'd be more creative than our offence now :slight_smile:

If I'm not mistaken Boreham has a head start on the team. He already concentrates on the rouge, doesn't he?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"If the ball is kicked into the goal area by an opponent, a rouge is scored (1) when the ball becomes dead in possession of a team in its own goal area"

Did you know a play which begins with a potential rouge can result in a 2 point safety? Maybe when Tiger Cats get scoring a rouge down pat, they can progress to tricking the opponent into giving up the safety instead. Then they will be able to run up the score.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A couple of years ago we had a punt/FG returner playing his first CFL game, he caught a kick just inside the goal line, came out of the endzone, then went back in. Safety.

Was his name "Yeast"?

man, imagine if we beat a team with rouges..they would be soooooooo "red faced"! :lol:

no, i think it was a DB.

I remember that, I was laughing so hard. I remember an Argonaut try to knee in the endzone, but he was too slow and BOOM...he got tanked..now THAT was funny