The Rodney Dangerfield of the Ticats

I'm not disputing the team's improvement since the arrival of Desjardins, Mycko75. The team did, indeed arrive since he came on the scene, but whay happens on the field is still a function of coaching and execution by player personnel.
What Ron Lancaster was left with from the Marshall/Paopao era virtually destroyed a good football team. (on paper) Unfortunately, this team played with no imagination and no discipline necessitating a major overhaul, most of which fell into Lancaster's lap.
The team was pathetic for most of Lancaster's takeover, but clearly, improved at this point in time.
I don't care what Desjardins has done since his arrival, most of the work in improving this club had much to do with Lancaster and very little to do with Desjardins. (He's only been here a few weeks, right?) Desjardins hasn't even proven himself yet as a team manager although, I'm sure he will, thanks to Mr. Young's ability to spend some bucks on hirings. He was an assistant to Papp in Montreal, as I'm sure you know.
Don't get me wrong, I think he was a good choice, but lets give credit where credit is due, and that would be Ron Lancaster; andto stretch a point, John Salavantis.
Turbo is correct to say that the team improved withthe arival of Desjardins, but incorrectly blames Lancaster for the team's poor showing under Lancaster after Marshall's dismissal.
At that time, Lancaster was stuck with Marshall's team.

What Ron Lancaster was left with from the Marshall/Paopao era virtually destroyed a good football team. (on paper) Unfortunately, this team played with no imagination and no discipline necessitating a major overhaul
How do you explain the win in Lancaster's first game? At least under Marshall, I was never embarrased to be a fan of the Ticats.

I'm not saying it was Lancaster's fault either. Many, many, many things contributed to the season we had (Woody/Zontar please read that paragraph again and again).

Someone stated earlier (and it may have been Turbo) that the players might be playing for Desjardin because he is going to decide who is here next year and who isnt. I dont think you can argue with that, whether he has been here for a few weeks or not.

It appears you’re not getting much support, Mycko.

What everyone needs to realize is that the players love and respect Ron Lancaster! He set rules and put boundries in place. There is now a mutual respect element that is making the team confident and in turn perform on the field! Ron may not be head coach next year but I am sure that he will have a job with the Ticats organization as long as he wants one! Ron Lancaster was a star in his day! Anyone who has seen his documentary will know this and those of you who haven't seen it, need to! Ron Lancaster totally restored the confidence of every individual on this team and needs to be congratulated for the return of the Ticats!!!

Did I say in that post that I blamed LAncaster? NO!!! I said he had ZERO to do with the improvement. I stand by that

(quote) Turbo
Did I say in that post that I blamed LAncaster? NO!!! I said he had ZERO to do with the improvement. I stand by that
[/quote]
Whats the difference?
Don't forget, you also said that the team had declined in every area, while adding that there was ZERO improvement under Lancaster.

If these statements aren't a slam against Ron Lancaster, just what the hell are they?

That are statements of FACT. Look up the game sheets and tell me I am wrong. I feel that no matter who took over the result would have been the same unless that change was permanent and coincided with an announcement of a permanent GM. Having EVERYONE in the organization hired on an interim basis so early in the season gave the players the message that the entire organization would be changed and they gave up the season as a result. Although I think Lancaster may have been a problem in the management structure that makes no difference to his coaching abilities. Lets face facts rocky, the improvement occurred when Desjardins was hired NOT before. In fact things were getting progressively worse. Again look upon the Sta and prove me wrong.

So, turbo, you are saying pro athletes will gave up the season
because the coach, the GM etc. aren't on contract for next year.

I find that very interesting because whenever my friends and I
play a pick up game of basketball we want to win every game

and we really hate it when we lose.

Yes that is EXACTLY what I'm saying. The reality is that upper management (caretaker Bob) had given the appearance of giving up on the season and the players reacted accordingly. Why should they care when the management team had no faith and wholesale changes were inevitable? That's depressing beyond belief, knowing that you almost certainly are losing your job and there is nobody you can appeal to or impress to change that fact. How you and I approach pickup games has little to do with the reality of pro sport.

Except for first sentence...

HORSEBUNK !

OK Horsebunk what is wrong with the human nature observation that I made. It holds up for every work situatiion I've ever been in over the past 35 plus years

Well Turbo, my friend. It would appear that your theory is stiking out with the rest of us.

Cheers!

No everyone but definately the ones with the blinders on

Well Turbo, since you have the last word, I guess you win this one.

heh heh