The Riders should be named the favorites to win the Grey Cup

Montreal practically has a bye into the Grey Cup without playing a single down, thanks to a weak East Division.
Even if Sask. plays well, they will be matched by Calgary and possibly B.C. in 2011; making it out of the West and going to the Grey Cup is a challenge for any Western team.

Montreal is still the team to beat, and until somebody beats them in the Grey Cup, they are the favourites.

I didn't see a big difference in "strenght" between the two divisions last season...

I doubt Sisco gives the Riders 1400 yards...

No question Calvillo is aging at the QB position and with the loss of Cahoon and Proux are huge challenges.

When you look at the O and D lines both these teams are still heads and shoulders above their division rivals.

It's pretty premature to say who is the favourite at a time when the teams aren't finalized yet -- the fact that Montreal and Saskatchewan both have good infrastructure heading into this year though will be an advantage to both. Yet I can still remember those power ratings from 2010 which both teams out-performed; it's funny in retrospect (and at the time, many of us were annoyed), but it goes to show that a team isn't just a neat collection of stats...the team that best comes together in spring training will be the one to beat this year.

The CFL isn't like the NFL where you can pick before the season starts who's going in and whos not going into the playoffs. As far as this debate between Montreal and Saskatchewan for favorites for Grey Cup, as of right now (which is far to early) it's Montreal, they haven't had the losses that we've suffered on offence. As far as our recievers goes yes we took a hit but he still have great depth (hey he was gone for most of the 08' season and 4 games of this past season) we can survive without him with Getzlaf, Koch, Clermont, Dressler, Bagg, (I'll belive in him when i see what he can do but Sisco i guess too) but I'll wait till at least 1 month before the season before i make mock standings lol but still alot of things have to happen before we start judging our positions its called the first game of the season

No but I wouldnt doubt if he chipped in 600 yards next season. The remaining 800 will be made up by Getzlaf (who nearly had a thousand yards last season), Dressler (who did have over a thousand yards last season), Bagg (who would have had over a thousand had he not gotten injured) and Koch (who probably could have very easily chipped in for 600 or 700 yards had he been playing the whole season). I do not expect the passing attack to drop off a whole lot, if at all next season as we have 3 recievers who have shown for the past couple of seasons that they can play, and one who shows alot of potential. We also have a potentially good Canadian reciever in Jordan Sisco.