The Riders never ending excuses

First injuries. Then illness. Now they are blaming YOU, Rider fans, for booing what was quite possibly the low point of the season losing to possibly the worst team in the CFL.

That's right. Fajardo blames you for hurting his feelings.

5 Likes

Isn't officiating the number one excuse?

1 Like

Usually, they did blow the call on the fumble, but that was so early in the game, there was lots of time to adjust

What happened to Rider Pride? And the loudest fans in the CFL?

4 Likes

Absolutely no pass rush anymore, where’s the new inside pass rush? O’day s silence is deafening. O-line problems still exist. I can see the defence getting tired of this whole situation with the offence.

2 Likes

Often. And for many teams.
The stripes were awful last night. But the Riders were far awfuller.

1 Like

Gotta have something to cheer for

1 Like

No body boos louder, the honour is still theirs.

6 Likes

In fairness, the team deserved it.

3 Likes

I heard 'boos' when the offense was out on the field. Why Cody thought those boos were directed at him is a mystery to me.

From what I understood everyone in the stands wearing green was booing the OC (Maas) and the cronically bad five man O-Line, which folded like a cheap card table against Edmonton's token three man rush.

4 Likes

Its a game they shouldve won. And the score shouldn't have been close. No excuses for that one.

1 Like

Well considering I pay roughly 2 grand for season tickets, and this team has played terrible at home this year, we have a right to show discontent with not getting our money's worth

7 Likes

I'd be angry too if the Bombers were playing like they did under our previous GM. Buck Pierce used to get rag-dolled every game behind our stupendously bad front five. Sometimes the bad times are due to bad management. If I had a choice of what to change in Saskatchewan right now it would be the guy in charge of putting your team together. I'd swap him out for Assistant GM Danny McManus before anyone else gets the same idea.

2 Likes

Hey now, that's not fair. Edmonton sometimes rushed four. That brings the ratio of blockers to rushers to below 2:1.

4 Likes

Only bright side is we only took 3 penalties, Bad play calling, Mass needs to grow a brain. QB played good considering he ran for his life all night. When is Dicky and o'day gonna fix this o line, might as well bring in 5 new ones, cause this bunch can't stop jack. 3 man rushes and they might as well not had 5 o-line men. O line coach needs to go also. We got schooled by the worst well now the second worst team in the league. The o line has been a problem since last year, Oday never dealt with it, maybe time he goes also. Dicky needs to get tough on his players.. Cody needs to throw that ball away also instead of getting sacked . 8 sacks last night. Over 50 on the season, yet management have not fixed a huge eyesore for this team. They better find some new o line man by next game, as this team has now dropped to the bottom of the barrel. No more excuses, this team just sucked last night.

1 Like

Def time for ODay to go. And Maas.
Once ODay is gone, the oline will be rebuilt by default

3 Likes

Yes. Fajardo should not stay in the pocket so long! Jake (our 3rd stringer) should be our starter!

Are you kidding me, Cody is not the problem, our O line is. Cody needs to throw the ball away more and slow that sack count.

I agree on that, he hasn’t learned to throw out of bounds yet, that’s very odd the way he gets chased around. In reality, he could possibly get more roughing the passer calls if he was throwing the ball away , instead of taking the sack all the time, late hits you know, nothing burns a d-man more than trying to stop in full flight. You know they want to finish their hit.

1 Like

That's a really good point.

But as the coaches haven't managed to teach him to "look off" a DB yet, throwing the ball away may still be a bit too advanced. :grin: