The Renegades Logo is gone

And the 9 logos at the top of the homepage are down to 8.

Surprised? or is it just confirming what we already knew?

Meh. The site it linked to was never updated and there was really never any indication that even if a team was restored, it would take on the Renegades name.

If they indeed have no intention of returning a team here though, I wish they'd come out and say it. I'm not suggesting that they're trying to imply that, but if they are, just come out and say so and be done with it.

love the london idea but the name has to go ! i would love to see them in the league before 2012 more like 2010 play at td waterhouse stadium til they build a stadium of there own ........ but great idea !!!!!!!!!

The name and logo are badass, I’m not changing anything! lol

No team’s ever gonna play out of TD waterhouse. It can be expanded to 20k but the surrounding area isn’t set up to serve that many. It’s been discussed in other threads.

They’d need a stadium of their own, either downtown or by the highway.

maybe it is gone because WHEN football is returned to ottawa they will not return as the renegades.
and who would make this request that the logo disappear-maybe someone with a vested interest in changing the name? i'll go out on a limb right now and tell you that there is a whole lot more going on
than we think but to save any embarassment, they are doing things right and getting all their ducks in a row first.

you heard it here- this team will NOT return as
the brad watters named and eric tillman logo'd
ottawa renegades.

CITY LEGEND

London would be a great idea but I don’t like your team name “Dikemen” ??? are you serious?

:lol:

It's "Pikemen", bud.

…aaaaaaaaahahahahahha!!! :slight_smile::):slight_smile:

Are people actually thinking it’s “Dikemen”!?!?!

Look on the logo, it’s a “P”, not a “D”. What the heck is a Dikeman!?!

Thanks for the comment tho, mikem, maybe the Old English text needs some revising.

I knew it was a “P” even though it does look like a “D”

What is a Pikeman? :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikeman

enjoy :slight_smile:

That explains "Pike" but not Pikemen!

In London its the "Beefeaters" that carry the Pike, not Pikemen.

Did you read the article? All references to the soldiers that carry the pikes referr to them as “Pikemen”.

English pikemen played a significant role in the English Civil War. Historical Events - Historical Events

I don’t think that pikemen are the same thing as these beefeaters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeomen_Warders

They’re just making room for the white “R” to take the place of the old Renegades logo :wink:

Bring back the Ottawa Rough Riders!

The name "Pikemen" is about as silly as the suggestion a few years ago naming the Ottawa team "The By-Boys"

Don’t be hatin’ lol

what’s wrong with it? I’ve had mostly good feedback from posters 'til recently.

Pikemen is a great name for a London team. I caught one or two above the Arva dam as a kid, fits fine with this ex-Londoner!

AMEN TO THAT, BROTHER. :cowboy:

Il faudrait un nom BILINGUE : Pirates, Gladiateurs, Prédateurs,,,

Yikes…I’d missed this post before. Was that really a suggestion? I recall a lot of lousy ones with the fixed poll that they ran but that one doesn’t ring a bell.

What else was there? Beavers. Rivermen. I think River Kings…There were about seven or eight in total IIRC, most of them brutal so Renegades would win. And it still didn’t (though people stuffed the ballot boxes).

[quote="moods"]love the london idea but the name has to go ! i would love to see them in the league before 2012 more like 2010 play at td waterhouse stadium til they build a stadium of there own ........ but great idea !!!!!!!!!
i agree how about london sharks or jocks