The Renegade Riders

I know and agree (same with you, jm02). My point is, just because someone doesn’t “get it” is no reason to cater to their ignorance.

See where I’m going with this? :wink:

That can work two ways.

I don’t follow?

Uh! No!

Those who want it, and those who don't...both sides can be seen by the opposite side as being ignorant of the issue...who's to say who's right?

You all are missing a much, MUCH bigger point here - Thryllin somehow got 3 other people to agree that it was a good name. I can only conclude from that that there are at least three people chained to radiators in Thryllin's basement.

...or perhaps they were people looking to incite...not like it's never happened before...

Still, your radiator theory is a good one.

Well, to be clear, I don’t mean “ignorant” to suggest that someone is stupid. Just that they don’t have the full knowledge of the situation.

The rouge example is better. It is incorrect to state that the point of it is to reward failure. It would therefore be illogical to make such a drastic change because some people hate it based on false information.

I know what "ignorant" means, CRF, and that's exactly the way I used it.

i still base my theory that this league needs a "non S" ending team,,,as of now we dont have one

something like Ottawa Thunder or the Ottawa Clash. Ottawa Fury...something like that

See, I never really liked team names that don't end in "S"...sounds kinda flaky to me, but that's just my opinion.

alrighty then

ottawa rouges it is.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I agree with most. Terrible idea. And I also side with jm about team names not ending in S. Always sounds odd.

I’m sure you do, I was clarifying MY use of it. Even if you understood me, others might not.

I gotta take CRF's side on this one.
Many people dont really know what ignorant means. Prob the same ones who think you get a point for missing a field goal! :wink:

...there's a side to take? lol

No just a different way of saying I agree with him

Anyone who knows the proper definition of ignorant is going to agree...common sense dictates it...:wink:

Here’s where I agree with you:

Renegade Riders is a terrible idea. The full name “Ottawa Renegade Riders” has eight syllables. I challenge anyone to find another professional team with more than eight syllables. Heck, just out of curiosity, how about ANY sports team. If you have to pause to take a breath in the middle of saying your team’s name, it’s too damn long!

Here’s where you’re wrong:

Are you trying to say that Sambo and I don’t understand the idea “two teams, one name”? Believe me, we get it. You would have two teams, playing out of two different cities, with identical nicknames. There’s no misunderstanding here.

I think you mean to say that we’re stupid because we think it’s a bad idea, and that those other guys are clever because they think it’s a great idea. Its pretty egotistical to measure someone’s intelligence by the degree to which they agree with you. Why would you bother talking to people at all? No one else can ever agree with you as much as you do. I hope the dream team has more sense than that. If they listen to only one side, they’re risking this team folding… (ok i’m gonna say it, even though its a low blow)…

…AGAIN!!!

Ok, that felt good.

Remember when the WLAF folded and the CFL were going to take two of the franchises- one being the Sacremento Gold Miners who did play in the league. The other team was the San Antonio RIDERS… 3 teams with basically the same nickname. I think had SA not folded, they would have changed their name, but if you follow CRF’s and Ravenwood’s logic, it would have OK to have 3 teams with the same name, because in San Antonio short history, fans would have associated the SA team to the Rider nickname.