The race for second place...in the East.

Whoever said the Cats, have nine lives…was right.
Going into September and fall football, for our Cats…I think our guys have a real shot, at a play-off spot in 2008.
Unless the West implodes, ( not very likely ) a cross-over to the East will happen. Second place, and a play-off spot for the Cats…will be the goal, going into the fall run.

The Argo’s…you think we have trouble in Steeltown ?
Just look down the QEW at Toronto, and I’ll take our problems in Hamilton…any day of the week.
The Blue Team…is imploding from the inside out, our Cats should be able to pass them in the standings, and stay ahead of them…I predict the Argo’s are in fact heading towards the basement, and will finish 4th in the East.

The Bombers…I believe this is the only team that our Cats, have to stay ahead of. And I believe, our Cats, can do just that. The real race in the East for a second place finish, and a play-off spot is against Winnipeg.

Montreal…They have blasted out of the gate, this year…however, should A/C get hurt, and miss several games in the latter part of the season…( it has happened, many times before ), it may not just be the runaway, that the fans in Montreal, think they have.

The Ti-Cats…Regardless of what has happened so far this season…the other teams in the East, with the exeption of Montreal, have not faired ‘well’ against the Cats. Winnipeg and Montreal both have beaten the Cats, but in the Bombers case…Hamilton beat themselves, with turn-overs.

In closing…injuries to starters and a whole lot of new faces, have added up to a slow start for our Cats in 2008. It’s been a learning curve…for not only the players, but also the coaching staff. I do believe however, that if our starting guys can stay healthy, and all the ‘new faces’ can keep the on field mistakes to a minumum…a play-off spot in 2008, will happen. It all starts on Labour Day. :thup:

Cheers.

I agree the ARGO’s will land up in the
basement by the end of the season.
But I also beleive that the Bombers will
come alive and grab the final playoff spot.
Why? because they are a vetern team and
know how to win. There defense is better
that ours. Their O-line is better than ours.
We have no pass rush!!!and that makes
the difference!
I beleive in trades and if we don’t pick up
a proven player to help our d-line they
will continue to beat us.

I agree the ARGO's will land up in the basement by the end of the season. But I also beleive that the Bombers will come alive and grab the final playoff spot. Why? because they are a vetern team and know how to win. There defense is better that ours. Their O-line is better than ours. We have no pass rush!!!!!!!!!and that makes the difference! I beleive in trades and if we don't pick up a proven player to help our d-line they will continue to beat us.
You are right-on....GOTC. Winnipeg...will have to be stopped, or they will spoil ' the party.' Let's hope Obie, can find someone...in the NFL cuts, that can make a difference to the pass rush.

Cheers.

I am an optimist. But let`s not get ahead of ourselves. We have only won 2 games and only against the blue team. Right now, we have to take it one game at a time. We do have our own problems that we have to work out.

I do think we have a real shot at second, but first, I`d like to see us win against a team not wearing the double blue!

I do think we have a real shot at second, but first, I`d like to see us win against a team not wearing the double blue!
You're right about that...loyalticatfan. Just beating the Argo's...and hopefully again on Labour Day...is not the complete answer, to any chances for the Cats and a play-off shot. Pass rush...Pass-rush...as GOTC has pointed out, must be found. And like you said..this team HAS to find a way to beat the 'other teams' in the CFL. I do think we are 'close' to the talent required to have a good fall run. With a bit more tweeking to th D-line...and someone telling the receivers to LOOK BACK at the QB...to see if he's running for his life, when running their routes. And your right...one game at a time, starting on Labour Day.

Cheers.

I do think we have a real shot at second
Sorry...loyalticatfan, to answer this question. Yes I do. I have been impressed with the players...in so far as not giving up, until the final whistle. Mistakes against themselves have cost the team..big-time this year. However, they say that a team has to learn how to win, and not beat themselves. And I'm banking on, that this group of guys will do just that.

Cheers.

Yes, SJ.

I agree that the Cats are learning how to win again. Four years of losses and turmoil can do that to a team! I think the players feel that pressure to produce and start winning again. It might be a mental block right now. If they can come up with a back to back win. They can overcome these mental blocks and start being the team they are capable of.

right now lets just think about the labour day, if we win were tied for second in the east, if we lose were 2 games back, its as simple as that.

and after labour dayw we can think about the game against B.C

one game at a time....."believe in now" as the NFL Network commericals say. :stuck_out_tongue: