The Quarterback you all keep riding

Maas played well from the standpoint of running a ball control offence, and getting first downs, but again, his drives tend to stall short of us getting points, and his end zone interception (brutal) took a sure field goal off the board for us.

Chang, unlike Maas, has "quick strike" ability. Whenever #7 is in the game, the offence moves down the field very quickly, and almost always puts up points.

One wonders if we would have scored a lot more points if Chang had started instead of Maas. I think both QB's bring positives to the table, but I would really like to see Chang start next week, especially now that we seem to have good starting receivers (Gardner, Ralph, and Anderson; I'm still not sold on Curry) and a creative offensive gameplan.

good receivers??? i must have missed them, who were they? granted, 1 or 2 good catches but many more drops.

not much wonder neither qb can sustain a drive. these guys stink. hopefully this will correct itself with experience.

Hey Legend if Chang(e)can win a game for us and bring excitement in the stands then he should get the nod. Next week how about we give Maas another chance and then the week after another chance give this cat 10 lives and a 350,000+ salary. Legend how many chances would the company you work for give you? before they would say to you sorry Mr Legend there is the door? :roll: I am Fed up, pissed off also that certain people on this Forum try to Dictate what we say and debate on this Forum :thdn:

Nobody can dictate what opinion you must have. cats99.

Its a fact of life, people's opinions often differ.

You can get your shorts in a knot
trying to change their opinion

or you can mutter under your breathe
as I often do and say "c'est la vie."

Are you serious about this ???

"take for example the receivers-the QB is the extension of the play caller he knows the plays better than anyone on the field. you fans have no way of knowing if those "inexperienced" receivers are actually running the right route but all you see is the qb throwing the ball into an empty space."

Are you telling me that he throws to where the receiver should be according to the play even if the receiver is not there? Wow that sounds like 10 year old football! Come on he is a suppossed professional....if the receiver is not there find him or find another receiver!!!!, or run the ball.

Yes you are right Chang has made mistakes just like Jason but here is the difference....Rookie vs Veteran!!!!

He had a chance to win??? In this last game he was put in during the fourth and down by 16 points and you call that a chance? He generated as many points in one quarter as Maas did in three quarters!!!!

I will take a QB who wants to win, every time over a QB who plays like he doesn't want to loose. To me Chang plays like he wants to win games. With that will come mistakes and you have to accept that. IMHO Maas manages a game fairly well but looks a little gun shy at times (memories of Brady). That being said, while I couldn't be at the game it did sound like Jason showed some spark running for first downs.

Not last night.

He threw some bad paases to open receivers over the middle hitting the ground. And with no pressure on him either.

Maas was also victimised by more dropped balls. Brock, Walker, Anderson and Gardner all dropped easy catches.

I thought Maas had a better game.

After three games:

JMaas 58% 421 yds 6.8 avg 1 TD 2 ints 70.7 rating
Chang 47% 259 yds 7.6 avg 1 TD 2 ints 58.3 rating

Maas has also had the benefit of starting games. This gives him more of an opportunity to mix things up and surprise a defence. Chang comes in for the most part when we are down and the D knows we have to pass. While this may mean some open receivers underneath, there is nothing further down field where he is trying to thread them in. You can only throw the -1 yard pass to BR so many times before you have to give the ball up. The long and short of it is that neither are getting the job done. I don't think there is a right answer.

I was commenting last night that Chang's long pass to Brock was set up by Maas.

All night Maas was throwing to the sides of the field, just setting up the big play down the middle that Chang and Ralph exploited so nicely.

And actually caught!

chelsey98 said

Are you telling me that he throws to where the receiver should be

according to the play

even if the receiver is not there?

Wow that sounds like
10 year old football!

Come on he is a suppossed professional..

.if the receiver is not there find him or
find another receiver!!!!, or run the ball.

Basic Football 101:

chelsey98, the QB's passes are often timed to be thrown
to where the receiver should be when his route is completed
and he turns to look for the ball.

The QB throws that 'timing pass' according to the way
the play is drawn up even if the receiver is not there.

Proper pass timing aids the receiver in getting open
and permits the quarterback to get the pass off.

For the QB to establish a rhythm the receivers must
not only run routes to precise depths

but the QB has to quickly be aware of adjustments
the receivers may have made to their route
because of the defensive coverages they encounter.

Hence the term chess match.