The proper "pecking order" now being established?

Is it just me or do you get a sense that the pecking order will be clearly defined now on the football side of the Ticats....

...GM Desjardins seems to be very serious about his role and even Bob seems to have backed off lately and is letting him do his due diligence....

..A lot of people are calling for a new QB to be brought in and massive changes in player personnel......but I think that would be a huge mistake for the future until the final coaching staff gets in place and they have input into who comes here....

To sign some unproven "star" QB would be handcuffing any future O-Coordinator especially if that new QB doesn't fit into the new offensive scheme.....

I say, let's ride this out and let the pieces drop in so the "pecking order" isn't disrupted....

1)GM first....done!
2)Head Coach..not decided yet
3)Co-Ordinators..after the Head Coach
4)Assistants....after the Co-Ordinators.
5)Players...after all of the above...

Rash moves to salvage a win now would be dumb....

or maybe this time we could hire an OC who knows how to work with the players he's got rather than his own system which didn't utilize player strengths at all

cough paopao cough

Well, whatever the case may be, it looks like everything will drop into place in the proper sequence this time…as it should…I’m really hopeful now that things will turn around…kudos to Bob, Dean, Katz and everyone else for seeing that we have to change the structure first…

i’m just hoping we wont have to change the entire team to fit the OC’s needs…

better execution could fix a lot of problems. (just look at what Coach Sal did for the Oline…)

agreed…hopefully the new head coach (whoever he is) recognizes that we have some good coaching talent here already…and the recent improvement is proving it…ie. defence, special teams, O-line…

I wouldn’t be so quick to fire the whole staff…(but that’s what assessment is all about)…the good people will be left standing…hopefully

mikey you said

…[excerpt]
To sign some unproven “star” QB would be handcuffing any future O-Coordinator especially if that new QB doesn’t fit into the new offensive scheme…

The Ticats still use the scraps left behind
from Joe Paopao’s offensive schemes.

I am confused. Maybe you could clarify this for me.

Why would anyone handcuff our future O.C.
with a system which failed miserably?

Wouldn’t he be allowed to devise his own offensive system?

How can a QB be unproven AND be a star?

Personally, I believe if there is a great QB out there we should get him now. It’s easier to find an OC than find a great QB.

Your thinking is that the QB should fit into the OC’s gameplan. I disagree. I believe that any OC worth his salt will be able to create a strategy that best suits the talent they have on hand.

You bring in talent and its the job of the coaching staff to use that talent to its potential… you are exactly right JAG.

Why wasn't there a "pecking order" ,whatever that means,established two years ago.?
People had their lips so firmly attached to Bob's nether regions I guess they ddint notice.

2 Years ago? How about 2 WEEKS AGO when…

“I told you firing people was the wrong approach”

Now theres a pecking order?

True, but it wasnt Katz's fault "other people dropped the ball".
What people, exactly, we havnt been told yet.