the prince albert daily herald insults ticats

under the header : Rider fans: cancel the panic
The Prince Albert Daily Herald says and I quote:

""""Come on, admit it. If you are a Riders fan (we'll pause to let the three non-fans in the province reading this move along) you had to be at best a little worried about the field-level changes and early season problems.

Top coach: gone. Last year's QB: traded. Starting QB: injured. Key receiver: out with a nasty fracture.

Still, the team went into Hamilton on Saturday and won for the third time in a row.

"OK, admittedly it was only a win against Hamilton." The last time the Ti-Cats weren't the doormat of the league was, well, when Ottawa had a franchise. Nonetheless, for a province whose populace bleeds green and white, there must surely be some early optimism.

by the way,... where and what is Prince Albert,. other than Queen Victoria's "sort-a boyfriend"?

Well considering I am one of the three non-fans in the province, i had to move along, so could you paraphrase? :slight_smile:

Take it from someone who lives here…no one gives that newspaper any credibility whatsoever.

thank you my prairie friend....
i was a "little miffed " when i saw the comment... the Riders deserved the win but give credit where credit is due... the Cats played with a lot of heart... this team aint an old football shoe you can kick around anymore...

fans of the two centennial grey cup teams should be more understanding of the long long down times that we both have had...
and if I can say it without betraying my loyalty oath to Angie Mosca... :rockin: "Go Riders"

It's a reference to our recent futility.

It's no big deal.

gee captain kirk... tell it to the team

You think they don’t know they’ve been losing miserably the last few years?

Sure they’re looking better, but it’s a fact they’ve lost their first two home games.

We are a young team though. We will get better. And then we will beat the pulp out of them.

IMO there is nothing wrong with that article.

If you want respect from anybody, you have to go out and earn it.

Worst team in the league 3 years in a row and a 1-2 start so far this year doesn’t earn any respect from other teams or media, and deservedly so.

You want respect…go out there and win some games and earn your respect.

I think the Cats are doing just that. They are playing better and looking better. Until they string off some consectutive wins and strong performances the respect will be in waiting. And I’m ok with that. We will get plenty of respect once we’ve earned it by winning some games.

[quote="Glovesave"]IMO there is nothing wrong with that article.

If you want respect from anybody, you have to go out and earn it.

Worst team in the league 3 years in a row and a 1-2 start so far this year doesn't earn any respect from other teams or media, and deservedly so.

You want respect...go out there and win some games and earn your respect.

A win tonight will be a good start! :wink: :thup:

If we win tonight against the best team in the league (IMO) on their home field and without Lumsden, I'll go streaking across the 45 yardline at our next home game!

Okay so this is an empty promise, but really guys....I'm expecting a loss and you should be too. But hey, maybe since we have everything going against us heading into the game (Lumsden out, wet paper bag defence, short week, etc.) we can rally and pull out a bigtime upset?

I still have hope, but I wouldn't bet on us tonight.

The Ken Peters of Port Albert, Saskatchewan (where ever that is) describes our Cats unfavourably and we're suppose to care?

I was thinking more along the lines of Marty York and his famed column in the Metro news that you pick up at the subway station for free :wink:

Prince Albert, Ockham...at least have the respect to get the name right...it's close to mid-province, the third largest centre in Sasktchewan, and at the doorstep some of the most beautiful and peaceful country you'll ever find...some of the reporters, though, tend to look for controversy where there is none.

Don't worry jm02, our local newspaper "The Spec" has also published articles that have been embarrassing to us.

The worst one I remember was when they ripped Winnipeg, stating something like they'd rather be 1-9 then from Winnipeg. Just uncalled for an embarrassing if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with this article anyways. It's a little shot but not one that is unwarranted IMO and at least it's about our football team and not our city.

Sorry mate. No disrespect intended. Who is Prince Albert anyway? Sounds like a hybrid glam rock/rap artist.

...husband to Queen Victoria.

You mean the May Two Four Queen Victoria?

That's the one.

I guess living in a town named after some insignificant monarch isn't the worst thing in the world. However, I can understand how living in a town sharing the name of male genital piercing may account for some sensitivity...temporary or otherwise.