The Prairie Weatherman !!!

Maybe some from the East are unfamiliar with this individual. He has the task of delivering nothing but bad news for 5 months of the year. So .. when giving the 7 day forecast, he is quite generous with the extended forecast in terms of predicting warmer weather. But like clock work , as this Sunday was supposed to be 3,it has now been changed every day , dropping a degree since the initial forecast. Currently it's minus 3, I'll guess -6 with a windchill at -12 at kickoff. Not too bad considering what the current Temp is .Oh and a bit of snow in the latest forecast :smiley:

You have to know to not count on the weather in Regina this time of year. What I don't agree with is holding off till evening for the game. I don't agree with having the game when the sun doesn't shine and that is where the people who made this decision should put it. :cowboy:

Bigger TV numbers in the evening than during the day. People xmas shopping and you won't attract the casual fan. People enjoy having GC parties starting in the aft and leading up to the game as well.

According to the weather channel the current temp is MINUS 20, it's going to be a big jump to 2

Anybody that skips the Grey Cup to go shopping isn't a fan. :cowboy:

The point being , that fan will watch in the evening as opposed to a afternoon start. I think the league likes to attract more viewers and expose more people to their brand . Thankfully your not in charge of marketing for the CFL !

Got into Regina last night -14 , at Mosaic now walking around , -1 and a strong breeze , sunny and spending money

Good for you Gemwell. I hope you have a great time there at Mosaic. :thup: I wish I were there. :frowning:

Just found this on the Weather Network web site

Saturday, November 23, 2013, 1:10 PM -

Looks like someone at Environment Canada really, really likes CFL and really, really is looking forward to tomorrow's Grey Cup.

Whoever was on the Regina desk released this little gem late Saturday morning:

"'TWAS THE DAY BEFORE GREY CUP AND ALL THROUGH REGINA,

IT FELT LIKE A DEEP FREEZE, BUT KICKOFF LOOKS FINER.

THE WARM AIR WAS POISED TO RETURN WITH A FLAIR,

IN HOPES THAT THE TROPHY SOON WOULD BE THERE.

THE RIDERS WERE READY WITH DRESSLER AND SHEETS,

IN HOPES THAT DURANT COULD MAKE LOTS OF COMPLETES.

THE TI-CATS WOULD COUNTER WITH HANK AND FANTUZ,

BELIEVING WITH THIS ALL-STAR ROSTER THEY CAN'T LOSE.

IT'LL BE PARTLY CLOUDY, ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT,

AND SO THERE SHOULD BE NO SNOW FLURRIES IN SIGHT.

NORTHWEST WINDS WILL BLOW CONSTANT, AT THIRTY OR SO,

SO PLAY MAY BE ALTERED BY WINDS THAT DO BLOW.

THE HIGH GREY CUP SUNDAY WILL BE MINUS ONE,

WITH SUNSET NEAR KICKOFF, IT'LL COOL WITH NO SUN.

SO BY THE FOURTH QUARTER, IT SHOULD BE MINUS FIVE,

WHICH SHOULD KEEP BOTH TEAMS' GREY CUP DREAMS ALIVE.

THE WIND CHILL WILL BE THERE THROUGHOUT ALL THE GAME,

AT MINUS FIFTEEN, KEEPING WARM IS THE AIM.

GET READY, REGINA, AS THE PLAYERS LACE UP,

TO BUNDLE UP WELL AND ENJOY THE GREY CUP!"