The Pink Elephant in the Room

Ladies and gentlemen, the White stallion gallops in the room!
::slight_smile:

We’re just not on the same page right from the start.

1. I don’t understand the level of hero worship that prompts fans to acquire a jersey with some other guy’s name on it.If I buy a jersey, it’s my jersey - not anybody else’s. Thereforeit’s going to have my number on it, and certainly no name exceptperhaps my own.

2. Secondly, never have I had any opinion when charges are laid but “A man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.” I never go beyond that statement. Quite simply the presumption of innocence is a fundamental bulwark for us all against the arbitrary exercise of State power and a key legal protection for individuals in a free society. Why did you assume guilt on his part?

3. And you burned the uniform! Such a waste! Why did you not simply remove his name (and perhaps number)? Or just toss the jersey in a Goodwill box to help clothe the naked and needy in some far off corner of the globe such as Mongolia?

???

You waited all thistime to post that?

:o

Hopefully that’s not all you’ve got. A multi-paragraph treatise on an esoteric Canadian football related subject complete with pictures would be good.

:slight_smile:

I’m with you, I never get a players name on my jerseys. Personally, I prefer a blank one

1. good for you? besides, #25 is what I wore when I played the game…
  2. the dude attacked his gf in a bar full of people, it was an open and shut case, to which he pled guilty, 'nuf said…
  3. it was therapeutic…

…btw, I doubt we’re in the same story, let alone the same page…

100% agree on all 3 points

…maybe he’s on AOL dial up…

No, too quick.

:wink:

Well said. Average at very best but losing teams, yes losing teams offer hope with signings.
Did Riders do okay last week without??

Right on. I had to laugh watching last weeks’s Hamilton game and seeing #2’s in the stands. I didn’t see the backside … they might have said “Clements”. I dunno. ;D

Right on. I had to laugh watching last weeks's Hamilton game and seeing #2's in the stands. I didn't see the backside ....... they might have said "Clements". I dunno. ;D
The WOMAN's jerseys are all number 7, while all mine have the number 3:

Or maybe perhaps......

"Kerrigan" ?? ;D

Mike Kerrigan was an excellent QB!

Or Owens…

I was probably going a bit too far back. I’m old…

Any man that could humble the Esks in a Grey Cup is tops in my book!

It figures that Kitler would be a Bombers fan . . . brings back memories of his beloved Luftwaffe.

BTW, was the last Bomber's Grey Cup win before or after WWII? It's so long ago now, it's tough to recall. :stuck_out_tongue: