The OTTAWA MEDIA is trying to drive CFL Football out of town

Ah, Elmer, o genki desu ka? (how have you been?)

PS I though you were from P.E.I.??? :?

Lonie did manage to double the Gades season-ticket base before this year. Sure it was with $99 tickets, but it was a one-day promotion and I think it was a great tactic. The media sounds like it’s being petty and fickle, and this gets a lot of people to jump on their bandwagon like sheep and start to bash the Gades themselves. My question is: Is it objective journalism?

Grandgalop, the CFL would NOT be better off if the Gades folded. I can’t believe you’d rather the team folded. You should be ashamed for saying that. You’re no fan in my books. What’s a “Gade”, you ask? I dunno, what’s an Argo? What’s an Al? What’s an Esk? And when I yell “Go Stamps Go”, do you think I’m referring to a form of currency affixed to a letter that I want to mail?

No one has even given Lonie a chance at a full season.

I'm so sick of people bashing the Renegades for fun. You aren't helping anything when you do that.

Lonie's had lots of chances in the CFl now, and its proven that he makes the team a circus. Watch him dump joseph for some washed up nfl qb. I predict a decrease in half of the season ticket holder base for 2006 when compared to 2005. (CBC announcer holds the same belief as me). Signing JJ is another complete joke. Watch them fail miserably next year, attendance wise, and team performance wise and a move in 07 to halifax or quebec city. I don't want this to happen, and i cheer for the Renegades as my second favourite team, so dont get me wrong, but the above is what i see happening next year.

I kept buying my Stamps tickets through the Feterik/Dunigan/etc fiasco ... and I'm proud to say it. As for Lonie: That was then, this is now. Anyway, moving the team would be infinitely better than folding it. And the entire point would be moot if the Gades went 12-6 next year, too.

It's obviously best if the team stays in Ottawa, a move is not as good, and a fold will kill alot of the momentum the CFL has going for it right now. A fold of the franchise would be taking a huge step backwards as the league is currently considering and planning for an expansion to 10. If they folded we'd be back to 8 teams again.

Exactly. We need 10 teams. Going back to 8 is not an option. No, a move is not as good as reviving the Gades to, say, Hamilton levels, but nothing would be as bad as a fold.

Umm… Peter Jennings is dead man.

Didn't the Gades/ Roughriders sign a dead player the last time Loonie owned them?

Oops how stupid was that post....They couldn't sign a dead player... I think they could only put him on their negotiation list. My mistake.

CanuckKev

You don't know what "Argo", "Als", "Esks", and "Stamps" mean?

Amazing!

OK, then, here goes.....and remember, you ASKED!

An "Argo", short for "Argonaut", is a boatman; or an oarsman; or a sculler.

The Argonauts were originally founded by the Argonaut Rowing Club, a boating club in Toronto.

The "Als" are "Alouettes", or "Larks" in English; they're a fine-looking bird, very popular in French Canada, and there's a song about that bird - wherefrom the name - Montreal's football team has been known as "The Als" since 1945.

"Esks" are Eskimos - Edmonton is the Northernmost city in the CFL, and that's why the team is called the Eskimos - always was, ever since 1949.

"Stamps" is "Stampeders", an obvious reference to the Calgary Stampede - that's not too complicated, is it? Also coming your way since 1945.

Now I ask you again - what's a "Gade"? So it's a "Renegade"?

All right then, what the hell does that have to do with the city of Ottawa? Where's the history? Where's the tradition? What is the possible link between such a dumb name and the fine, beautiful city of Ottawa?

"Renegades" sounds more like a cartoon character, and the idiotic comic-book logo bears that out.

"Renegades" - stupid name, stupid owner, stupid fans.

Off with their heads, all of them!

....and now you can go back to your Glieberman-fan-club meeting.

i am also skeptical of the gliebs but i sure hope they prove me wrong. ottawa vs wpg in the cup next year!!! dare to dream, man, dare to dream.

yeah I’d love that, but dream BD, don’t hallucinate! :lol:

That also be an easy win for the Bombers, except that I think since it’s Ottawa we should throw the game for them and the league.

You are almost right. Bob created a company called ACC Corporation way back - it wasen’t untill 95-96 or so when RedHat (the distro) merged with ACC Corp. He maintained his role as a CEO for quite a while - and resigned like 2-3 weeks ago from RedHat. You are also mistaken regarding the ‘freeness’ of RedHat. RedHat is not free. it was (kinda - if you consider the GPL to be a free license … which i dont) - but project ‘fedora’ is now the community / ‘free’ project … while redhat remains to be a corporate entitty, and charges for the support contracts, R&D, licensing etc … not the software per say. Don’t be confused into thinking either Cowpland or Young were involved in any development of either distro … they are business men - thats it. Corel Linux was just debian repackaged (poorly) … and ended up becoming Xandros (which also failed miserably).

StatiK76
GO OpenBSD!!!

3rd, are you trying to say something?

3rd, KK.....3rd.....

sorry, only typing with one hand.

Grandgalop was waiting till the exit of Saskargo, at least that is my guess. Welcome back elmer, allthough like 3rd said it does seem that you still have your anger issues.

Maybe the Gliebs could change the name of the Gades to the Senators so fans wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the football and hockey team. LOL