The Old Duke Bluedevil

I watched the first half of the Chick-fil-A Bowl last night with Duke and Texas A&M. The announcers mentioned that Duke hadn't won a bowl game since the 1961 Cotton Bowl. Perhaps it was a senior moment of clarity but I immediately thought of Stan Crisson. He played for Duke and then the TiCats with Boston College's Dave Viti at the other end. Duke beat Arkansas that day 7-6 with Lance Alworth at receiver for the Hogs. When I woke up this morning, I wondered what the old "lonesome end" of the Devils would have thought of his alma mater blowing a 21 point lead and losing to Johnny Football Manziel 52-48. It's funny how old people can remember stuff from 50 years ago but can't remember what they had for breakfast, yesterday. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Hey Pat. My short term memory must be even worse than yours... sometimes I'll rush down the basement to get something, only to get there and forget what the heck it was I was after.

I remember Dave Viti very well, but can't recall Crisson at all. Viti occasionally went in on offence on the old tackle eligible play too I believe.

If I recall correctly, Viti actually was a tight end first and then was moved to defence