The Officials

The CFL brass has to make their officials more accountable when they call a poor game. Last night's game between the Als and the Bombers was a nightmare. The Als should have received penalites and ejections for their intent to injure, and the ref blew the instant replay call on the catch in the 4th quarter. The Bombers receiver clearly had the ball. CBC announcers were vocal about the bad calls and Coach Berry was livid. Mind you, we've seen some bad officiating at IWS as well. Time for the refs to get into the game or get another part time job.

I guess this means you will now be heading to the CFL Officials boot camp?

CFL Officiating has always been poor....They play too big a part in the outcome of games. Slowes the pace of the game to an NFL crawl....

I agree, it would be a LOT easier to take this issue, is every once in a while, we saw a CFL Official getting his butt kicked over a bad call, and either "penalised" or getting turfed as an official entirely.

Likewise, the League cannot leave them all look like idiots, or we'd have no one to referee at all!

I've been called on to "ref" amateur football and basketball in my younger years, and its a truly amazing challenge to understand where to blow the whistle or drop the flag that the "play" has been "changed" by a violation of the rules, as opposed a fairly "harmless" violation that would not have changed the course of a game...

Such being said, the Cats seem to take their lumps on the flags, versus, say the Als, who get away with blue bloody murder, as do the Argo's, but it gets hard to tell if I'm being somewhat "kindly" to the undisciplined Cats, as opposed the others or the refereeing staff.

Did you notice that Matthews was penalized when he rightly called for a review after the apparent Montreal TD reception (you know, the one that the officals TOTALLY messed up, and the CBC panel called them out on it)? Montreal gets first-and-goal from the 11, and scores anyhow. THAT is poor officiating, and that whole sequence should be reviewed by the entire CFL BOG, Tom Wright, and the head of officiating.

i say we make them run windsprints... hehehe

I didn't want to name the play, but Sig-Pig has got it right...

What can happen in the minutes and seconds after such a mis-call DOES affect the play of the game, and the ref's should be on the hook for such mishandling of the situation...

But there will be no such squabbling or issues, the CFL will blandly ignore it all, and such miscalls will recur without penaltty to the officials, so we better get used to it!

Somewhere, there should be a review of play calls, and who gets the better of them...Montreal would be a favourite target, but I digress!...

But the game tapes should be studied to improve the officiating...

Lets see how we can stand up to them this week, in spite of all that!

The officiating in that Winnipeg/Montreal game was brutal. Almost as if they gasp payed off the refs :o a la Juventus.
haha jk jk but seriously it was brutal. So many penalties either way should have been overturned. But Winnipeg did have two dlinemen playing some Offense which, while interesting and at points exciting, was probably their downfall.

gottsah agree with u here, our officiating in this league is sour..