The Official Ticats.ca Free Agency Thread

Tillman has been very good at picking off Ticats and making us look very bad with them. If that baby sitter wouldn't have interfered with him he would of picked us clean by now. :oops: :oops:

We have cap space but nowhere left to spend it.

"By my calculations Cats have more than $300,000 to spend from the losses of Bauman, Gauthier and Reid. Will they keep Hudson? Tisdale?"

Cats ready to make a splash

[b][i]"O'Billovich has made a splash in the open market in each of the past two seasons and expects he'll be a player again this year.

"We're going to be active in free agency, " he said this week."[/i][/b]

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/article/484614--cats-ready-to-make-a-splash]http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/ar ... e-a-splash[/url]

Well ! If we don't make any improvements and lose Tisdale , I think we are into another ' 5 year plan '

:thdn: :thdn:

By “splash” do they mean like on Bugs Bunny when someone jumps off a diving board into a teaspoon of water??

wow this is just great...
Our secondary sucks, I really hope Bradley is healthy because if not we are going to get picked apart back there.

I dont like losing Reid...

Not having him makes it really hard to have a NI DL... there's no one reliable to sub in for Kirk... so, i'd assume we are going with an all Import DL.

for shame.

I was proud to think that the Tiger-Cat's Defence had Canadians on the line. But, Obie did say that they wanted to change the way they used the ratio.

so i gues we're going with a NI C, and G's, SB and FB on O, and S and HB on D. Dunno if kickers count as a starter to the ratio. if so, that would give us 8 NI "starters"

It’s true that the Cats had no interest in Dwight Anderson,

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

After the prime free agents are signed, it’s a good idea to let the others stew for a while.

That way it costs a team much to sign them.

Good theory, but all the good ones have “stewed” their way right onto other teams.

Seems like everyone is improving except us!!! If tisdale is gone I think Winn. will be biteing at our a-s’s this year! :thdn:

The question is quickly changing from "Who will Hamilton keep?" to "Where will Hamilton get it's A-team?" I hope the managers have a brilliant plan since I like seeing a competitive Hamilton team!

Hey now. No need to trash-talk Chip Cox. He’s our Markeith Knowlton. Two outstanding SAM linebackers playing on different teams.

Let’s not get carried away. MK had TWO penalties and Cox had something like 19. I’d say my description is accurate. :lol:

Bauman,Gauthier and Reid will all have to be replaced; you won't dress 3 less players; yes,the replacements may not make the same monies,but the savings will definitely not be $300,000. No more than $132,000 and as low as $90,000. Yes,still savings.

Richard

Cobourne is livid at the fact the ALS are letting him walk so they could sign Anderson. Meanwhile Drew Edwards is hearing Cobourne maybe headed to Hamilton. Perfect!!!! A runningback that will run the ball with a purpose and want to get back at his old team!!

That's great. We'll score lots of points, but so will they because we have no friggin defense.

Thats a huge waste of money if we sign Cobourne…
We need help in our secondary and a rb is the easiest thing to find and bring in for cheap.

Splash??? Hell…the Ticats haven’t even dipped their big toe in the water!!! Not so much as a ripple!!

Got a source for that by any chance ? The part about him being “livid”, or is that just an assumption on your part?

I’ll agree this far; both Cox and Knowlton are outstanding SAM linebackers. But I’m with Banshee on this:

They are both excellent SAM LBs, but were I running a team and had my choice between the two of them, I’d take Knowlton in a heartbeat. He’s also a heck of a personable young man when you meet him in person. Quality guy, quality player.

Cox had 19 PI calls? No exaggeration there, none at all. :roll:

Chip plays an aggressive game and he’ll sometimes pay the price in penalties. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. In fact, most teams would love to have a Chip Cox at OLB.