The Official "mr62cats vs. The World" thread (Get your hate-on for Hank!)

Miss you guys already.

So I took a quick peek to see what's been goin' on.

I noticed Krisiun suggested this new thread be renamed "mr62Cats vs the World". 

I would be honoured if that happened. I didn't think you cared!

I may have to come back to this forum quicker than I expected. 

Lol

Not a problem.

I didn’t think he quit on the team, but he did stink up the joint.

I only started disliking Hank after he left the Ticats, because of the following:

• Whining after the legal hit from Lawrence. Talking about how Lawrence should be banned (“people like him shouldn’t be in this league”) and that the hit was worse than PEDs (which I thought was an… odd comment, unless he had a history of PEDs).

• Claiming to have single-handedly turned his past teams around (took all credit for Hamilton and Calgary’s success). I believe he was asked about his role in turning Ottawa around following their inagural season, and he said something like “I’ve done it before in the past with Hamilton and Calgary.” Or something like this. He didn’t mention that he was part of a team, it was all “me, me, me.”

• The whole “SHOVE IT” thing to TSN. Thought that was inappropriate. A cool, composed person doesn’t do such a thing.

All that (plus his obvious anti-bias against Hamilton ever since Austin picked Collaros over him) says to me that he has a huge ego, is not a team player, and when someone says or does something “wrong” to him, he flips his lid like an angry child.

Add his rant about Lawrence now, which is obviously fueled by the previous 100% legal hit as deemed by the VP of officiating (the shot on Collaros was not legal and he should get a suspension, but he was wrongfully attacking Lawrence’s character), and you can see why people in Hamilton dislike him. He’s an emotional whiner with an ego the size of a planet. I appreciate his talent as a football player, but I do not personally like him from what I have seen. Maybe he’s a great guy away from all that, but I’ll never know, so I can only go off what I have seen and heard from him.

100% agree with everything you wrote.

I have to agree with you also catlady . I could never figure out where they got
a " Helmut ", big enough to fit over his head.

Funny going back and seeing where the Burris hate was born.... Right around here.

http://forums.cfl.ca/hamilton-tiger-cats/5/burris-bashes-kent-austin/100087/

So many comments about Austin being down to his 4th string QB, Hank should thank Austin for resurrecting his almost finished career, etc.

It almost like Kent DID accomplish something here. .... Anyways, some great reactions to Burris being a baby

Ti-Cat fans are the best!

Don’t forget his comment after Ottawa won the grey cup " Maybe now I will get the respect I deserve"
Team player to the end

This was my Willis Reed moment.

Didn’t their Grey Cup rings have “thank you Hank” inscribed on the inside? What an ego

wow, will wonders never cease. Henry Burris has flaws. Go figure.

All I know is that I really liked watching him play and I like him better than Stegall on the panel.

The rest of the guys on the panel seem to be ok with him, but what do they know I guess.

FYB’s coffee cup says it all… ;D

As for the rest of the guys on the panel seeming to be OK with him ?? Welllll…;D

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/8720dff875f3752be5e8f42546f5faad/5DC6EB06/t51.2885-15/e35/62243797_101190794473166_8064372516280720805_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com

FYB, completely agree with your comments. I think some fans here are a little bitter that Hank won a cup after he was unceremoniously discarded by Austin’s big ego.
The guy has won and gone on with his life…the ticat faithfull still awaiting that elusive cup.

By the way, wherever Hank went the teams record improved after he got there and always left the team in better condition. (But who really cares about facts)

Simoni’s one of my favourite players, he plays with an edge and emotion…but so did Hank.(sometimes two competitors may have an altercation - so what?)

I don’t believe anyone is bitter. We just hate his sanctimonious ass for his bias comments on national TV. Simon’s tackle on him was not a foul. It was not a dirty hit. His self centred rant was offside. IMHO… He is a dick!

yeah but, in one way or the other, aren’t we all.

Yeah, it’s not as if those guys are getting paid to be on the panel with him. Oh wait…

That’s absolutely correct!

Well, except for the Ticats who went 8-10 in 2011 without Hank and then 6-12 when he joined in 2012.

And SSK, who went 11-7 in 2003 without Hank and then 9-9 when he rejoined them in 2004.

And OTT, who technically didn’t exist before he joined, and went 2-16 in his first season in 2014. But that’s a “no decision” given the whole lack of existence thing.

But for all his other teams, your statement is bang on, and don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Post of the year candidate.

In that case I fixed my typo.

It’s funny how Burris can say things about himself and is automatically believed.