[The Offical] Don Matthews For GM Thread.

The title says it all people. it says it all.

Don is 69 years old, dosen't like journalists, red tape or dealing with bean counters...As a coach I could see it maybe( not exactly long term planning) but he wouldn't be interested in a GM job. LOL!

Don is done.

If he was 10 years younger, I'd be all for it but not now. It'd be a huge mistake.

An Argo-Cat fan

Don's not the man for the job....

Agree we need someone in House.
Mike McCarthy is best Choice..

How about Ron Lancaster for GM ?

MIKE McCARTHY!!!!! probably the best choice going in the CFL today.My personal belief is he is one of the best "FOOTBALL PEOPLE" in the league right now.
His record south and north of the border, speaks for itself. He has scouted many great players. In the CFL has been with Toronto,Ottawa,Hamilton and BC. He has done many great things for all teams he has had his "golden touch" on.A vast knowledge of CFL smarts are instilled in him. I SAY SIGN EM BOB !!! why not? he already works for ya !!!!

[quote="ArmourFan"]MIKE McCARTHY!!!!! probably the best choice going in the CFL today.My personal belief is he is one of the best "FOOTBALL PEOPLE" in the league right now.
His record south and north of the border, speaks for itself. He has scouted many great players. In the CFL has been with Toronto,Ottawa,Hamilton and BC. He has done many great things for all teams he has had his "golden touch" on.A vast knowledge of CFL smarts are instilled in him. I SAY SIGN EM BOB !!! why not? he already works for ya !!!![/quote

Don't really like McCarthy, he's arrogant and somewhat of a jerk...

Don Matthews has some undisclosed illness that led him to being fired by Edmonton and Montreal. Neither team expressed any interest in bringing him back once his "illness" was treated or under control.

I vote for McCarthy.

Don Matthews? Forget it. His time is over. Also too quirky for this organization.
Mike McCarthy would be a much better choice. But maybe Mitchell has someone else in mind.

Mike McCarthy or Dan Rambo

As a head coach, yes, but he is too hated around the league to be a gm.

What about Rambo, yes I know he said publicly he wasn't interested....but that may have just been so out of courtesy for a colleague.

Shivvers or Paul Masotti

the new man will be jim barker.

We'd be better off with Bob Barker. And he's available!

and his beautys as assistants!

Neil Lumsden.

He got us a Grey Cup with no money, give the man some spending money and we could see the Cup again before the end of the decade.

lol...

Wait, you are kidding, right?