the obvious

A friend and I were speaking .. And we are both in agreement. We think the CFL must have known a few weeks ago (minimum) that they were closing up shop on Ottawa.

It takes time to book an entire new schedule w/ stadium dates ... Or to decide what is to happen with the players and contracts etc ... Or to organize a dispersal draft ...

I don't think its evil or anything ... I just think they took their time to organize all this properly before saying anything. The league did the right thing - Ottawa was a mess from top to bottom .. and Halleluiagh that the entire league didn't have to pay for that mess ...

I also think Ottawa 2007 is a joke .. and the league has very little intentions of resurrecting this sideshow ...

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Statik76 is giving the Bombers a bad name

OTTAWA WILL BE BACK NEXT SEASON, AND THEY WILL BE SUCCESFUL, SO HELP ME GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they won't want to come back KK, ever thought of that?

no, three times the cham! just ask Washington or Chicago

Statik, If they had taken time to organize the new schedule, TDA would probly still be on.

I disagree Kanga, the Gades are a thing of the past, and if the CFL goes to a 9th team, it will be in Halifax, not Ottawa. Ottawa does have a great football history, but unless prospective new owners can garuantee a 10-12 thousand season ticket base , i really cant see the Renegades playing another down the CFL.

Yup, and as long as Ottawa Council remains cemented in their thinking, any potential owner will look else where.